Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530374 times)

Offline lewlian

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #1185 on: January 09, 2011, 20:43 »
Which Manu fan wouldn't want to face a Liverpool led by Roy with his away record... Talk is cheap...

Bless Roy but not many fans wanted him in the first place. Perhaps Manu can line him up to succeed SAF...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #1186 on: January 09, 2011, 22:07 »
Wah.... I think Howard Webb earn a lot of $$$ today.

First a non-penalty given, now a red card for hardly a challenge.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1187 on: January 09, 2011, 22:10 »
Someone ought to check his bank balance...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #1188 on: January 09, 2011, 23:33 »
In a way, Howard Webb has won the game for ManU. No much that ManU has dominated throughout the game even with 1 goal and 1 (+1) man advantage.

Now for Liverpool, although a loss, it is a winning start in a way, it's just a cup tie anyway. The flow and spirit that were displayed in the team hasn't been seen in a long time. Hope this is the type of positive and exciting football that will be shown the rest of season. Then the turnaround should be near.

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #1189 on: January 09, 2011, 23:37 »
Well, this is the most spirited performance I've seen from Liverpool this whole season. At least they fought hard till the end.
But they really lack a lot man.... passing, running, marking, all off. Kenny has got a big job ahead of him.

Offline jerms

« Reply #1190 on: January 10, 2011, 01:54 »

in the kind words of Mark Lawrenson "...it was soft but it's still a penalty..."

Offline cn9601

« Reply #1191 on: January 10, 2011, 06:46 »
I could oni watch 1st half via 'cheong' way, and guess the 'hit rate' suddenly choked up 2nd half tat streaming juz too annoyingly laggy, and I din watch 2nd half.

Anyway, by the 1st half, REDS not bad, in fact might be better if not for Gerrard red carded.

MOM --> Howard Webb (aka Howard the Peking duck feet) MBE(Manc of the Busby Empire)  >:(

The penalty --> possibly right, but to award it is kinda 50-50. and @ 1st minute into the game, to award it, cant help it to feel it is biased!

The RED card --> clearly a foul, but not as harsh as a RED. but wat a chance to handicap a team, cant help it to feel it is biased!

Oh yes, I am RED, cant help it to think I ought to be biased  ??? ::)  Honestly, maybe, but I am sure non-RED watching tat 1st minute penalty box foul and Gerrard's foul, surely Peking duck Howard's decision must be tilted  :-X 

Offline kelso

« Reply #1192 on: January 10, 2011, 10:25 »
I thought what really got Gerrard going was Rafael's two footed challenge just a second earlier, and Meireles didn't drop down crying like a girl
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #1193 on: January 10, 2011, 10:31 »

That's where the double standard occurs for the home team versus visiting ones. Stevie made a rash challenge but if the earlier one was waved on, his could have been strongly cautioned with a yellow.

Would have loved a run in the FA Cup but this may be a blessing in disguise and give Kenny more time to focus on improving our position in the league which is the top priority.

As for the penalty, referees like to exert authority but in the first 30 secs of a high profile match and not a clear cut case?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #1194 on: January 11, 2011, 10:06 »
As for the penalty, referees like to exert authority but in the first 30 secs of a high profile match and not a clear cut case?

That has nothing to do with it: it was Howard Webb, it was ManYoo, it was at OT.  'Nuff said.

It was so bloody soft as to beggar belief.  A pat on the back, Berbatov does a swan dive, penalty.  Bah.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline kelso

« Reply #1195 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23 »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline vieri

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1196 on: January 11, 2011, 10:57 »

It was so bloody soft as to beggar belief.  A pat on the back, Berbatov does a swan dive, penalty.  Bah.

What do one expect? He's a BULGARIAN. He cant be seen owning up & tell the ref its not a penalty, lest he gets the hairblower treament by Alex.
Im surprised Manure cant kill the game off with 1 man advantage.

Vieri
Let my people go!!!!!

Offline dude

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1197 on: January 11, 2011, 14:06 »
Not surprised Man U could not score more. It seems to be their story this year - some how or other, they will get the goal that counts.

Did I see anything in the game to cause me to feel more optimistic? Not at all. It's probably too early to tell.

But how's about a wish list of players we need during this transfer window?

There's still some good bets that Carlton Cole is coming. I hope not. If anything, may be Robbie Keane could come back. He never got the chance under Rafa, and Dalglish would appreciate someone like Robbie, who uses the ball well, and is used to the English game of tough and tumble. Something Dalglish himself once used to do.

As it was for Hodgson, the question for Dalglish is how to use Stevie G. In the centre of defence, and you lose his attacking runs. As the player supporting the striker, you will miss his dynamism in protecting the defence. Rafa did not need to deal with this, since Masch left at the same time as he did.

Simplest solution is to get a good right winger, then deploy Kuyt to where he was originally playing - striker. With Torres, they would be good in the 442.

Unless Dalglish intends to convert Glen Johnson to right midfield, instead of right defence...that could work..

Offline Pingu

• I'm a llama!
xxx

Offline dXter

« Reply #1199 on: January 13, 2011, 09:15 »
Oh dear, changed boss, good start to game by Torres but still lost to blackpool due to abject defending.