Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530652 times)

Offline cn9601

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #975 on: October 04, 2010, 19:19 »
It seems to be written on the Wall - Liverpool may be relegated in May 2011 !!!
I am beginning to 'judge' Roy's managerial competence. Initally, sounds like he's a down-to-earth guy who readily admits weakness and keens to take responsibility. But enuiff is enuiff. It now sounds more like hypocrite  >:(

After 7 matches and he is still accepting responsibility - Talk is Cheap, Talk is Free. Time to go, Roy 8)
Even Torrres seems to run out of 'faith', after less than 10mins on the field. Only Torres knows the truth behind his suspected groin injury, or rather heartache  ??? ::) And the damn Defend  :( :o

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/hodgson-i-m-responsible
He added: "The fans are entitled to take out their frustrations, lots of things have happened to frustrate them and I'm the one responsible because I'm the team manager. When the team does badly criticism will fall my way and I have to accept it."

Offline cn9601

« Reply #976 on: October 04, 2010, 19:24 »
Rubbing salt into my wound, my 2 sons asked,"Dad, what if Liverpool is relegated?"

I said,"Sons, I will watch NBA!"

Couldn't bear to watch so I switched off the tv before the first half ended  :'(
Anyway I've decided to become a barca fan until the two americuns are gone or the team gets its act together. Last night Pedro was superb I think I'll get a barca no. 17 jersey  >:( maybe next season barca will get a new no. 9 ... nananana na na na,,na,,

francis woo

« Reply #977 on: October 04, 2010, 22:40 »
Hello uncle, it's not fall from grace lah. Fall from grace is like if photos of your tryst with a meimei gets plastered on sammyboy lah. It's more like fall from lofty perch  :)

That's also not fall from grace as it will bestow me the honor of 'dirty old playboy'...haha. ;D

Is it a new catch!  8 pounder I guess!

Offline kelso

« Reply #978 on: October 05, 2010, 02:28 »
Very imperialistic of you but yeah if had to hazard a guess it's over 3 kg, didn't weigh it as I released it to fight another day...made my day/week or even a year  ;) with its run and jumps heh..tmr going again you know :o
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline j45yip

« Reply #979 on: October 05, 2010, 11:01 »
...I don't want to comment anymore as everyone already knows what going on at the moment. i don't even get frustrated when i watch they play now because i know what to expect. i'll see what happens after 16oct. either it will change things for the better or we'll end up like leeds. either way, i'm still a red even if they are relegated. ynwa
Vecteur D2 CD Transport, AN1865n-k Non-OS DAC
Thorens TD124MkII, MicroSeiki MA88, Expert Stylus 103 / Midas Touch
DACT CT100 / Custom Shunt Regulated PSU
5687 WOT Preamplifier
Behringer DCX2496
Type 45 SET monobloc / Radian950pb / AH204 Azurahorns
UcD180AN / Double Usher 15HM in Custom Vented Enclosures

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #980 on: October 05, 2010, 12:52 »
Hello uncle, it's not fall from grace lah. Fall from grace is like if photos of your tryst with a meimei gets plastered on sammyboy lah. It's more like fall from lofty perch  :)

who is this Grace and why is she so rough?

Offline kelso

« Reply #981 on: October 05, 2010, 13:07 »
ssshh she's hiding behind the curtains  ;)

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
Liverpool receives 2 excellent bids
« Reply #982 on: October 06, 2010, 09:50 »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/06/3030678.htm?site=sport&section=football

Liverpool has received "two excellent financial offers" to buy the club that would repay all itslong-term debt, the struggling Premier League club said.

British media reported the owners of the Boston Red Sox baseball team had lodged a bid while the other offer came from Asia.

The Red Sox were not immediately available for comment.

"A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale," the club said in a statement on its website.

"Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove managing director Christian Purslow and commercial director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

"This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course," the statement added.

"(Chairman) Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the club at the earliest opportunity."

A statement from Hicks and Gillett said the offers "dramatically undervalue the club" but they were committed to finding a buyer that would sustain the future of Liverpool.

"We will however resist any attempt to sell the club without due process or agreement by the owners," the BBC quoted the American owners as saying.

Hicks and Gillett, who bought the Merseyside club in February 2007 for 218.9 million pounds, instructed Barclays Capital in April to find a buyer and appointed British Airways chairman Broughton to oversee the sale.

The five-times European champion owes 237 million pounds to its major creditors Royal Bank of Scotland, which has set a deadline of October 15 for the debt to be refinanced.

Liverpool, English champion 18 times, has made its worst start to a season in more than half a century with the burden of servicing the debt, leaving new manager Roy Hodgson with little money available to buy new players and strengthen the squad.

Some 7,000 fans marched to Anfield on Sunday before the match against promoted Blackpool, waving banners and chanting in the latest protest against Hicks and Gillett.

Liverpool lost the match 2-1 and has now picked up just six points from its first seven league games to sit 18th in the 20-team standings.

The club has also suffered an embarrassing League Cup defeat by League Two (fourth division) Northampton Town.

The last time Liverpool made such a poor start was in 1953-54, when it was relegated to the second division.

-Reuters

Offline cn9601

6 Oct 2010 BREAKING NEWS!!! New Owner: New England Sports Ventures
« Reply #983 on: October 06, 2010, 14:38 »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/board-agree-proposed-sale

New England Sports Ventures currently owns a portfolio of companies including the Boston Red Sox, New England Sports Network, Fenway Sports Group and Rousch Fenway Racing.

The sale is conditional on Premier League approval, resolution of the dispute concerning Board membership and other matters.

KNN KNS Bl**dy Americans!!!
Martin Broughton, Liverpool FC Chairman, said:
"I am only disappointed that the owners have tried everything to prevent the deal from happening and that we need to go through legal proceedings in order to complete the sale."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 14:40 by cn9601 »

Offline Momenta

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #984 on: October 06, 2010, 17:20 »
this is music to the ears for every Reds fans. hope that these new Yankees owners will not repeat what their fellow country man did on the club

hopefully the sales materialise and the new owner is willing to provide the funding to strengthen the squad. 

Offline cn9601

« Reply #985 on: October 06, 2010, 17:52 »
actually as I 'probe' further on "New England Sports Ventures", I realise AGAIN Yankees  :o

OMG  ??? ::)

"Liverpool fans' group Spirit of Shankly have been protesting against Hicks and Gillett's tenure for two years but the news that the club will be passing to another set of American owners may dampen the celebrations over the sale."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=830320&sec=england&cc=4716

this is music to the ears for every Reds fans. hope that these new Yankees owners will not repeat what their fellow country man did on the club

hopefully the sales materialise and the new owner is willing to provide the funding to strengthen the squad.  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 17:55 by cn9601 »

Offline Momenta

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #986 on: October 06, 2010, 17:56 »
actually as I 'probe' further on "New England Sports Ventures", I realise AGAIN Yankees  :o

OMG  ??? ::)

but apparently they own the Red Sox baseball team which I think is quite cash rich as compared to H&G team who are having cash flow problems at the time they took over the club.

the report also say one firm offer from asia, wonder who this is?? GIC? Kenny Huang?

francis woo

« Reply #987 on: October 06, 2010, 23:14 »
Just saw the news from CNA that Liverpool has accepted the bid from the Red Sox!!.... :P

Another Yankee company!!...... :P

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #988 on: October 07, 2010, 00:11 »
Don't think one should judge the soon-to-be new owner as just another American. Great difference in that they know how to manage sports clubs to be successful and profitable, having the know-how dealing with club activities like player transfer, selection of coaching staffs and manager, building a winning team, ticketing, sponsorship, merchandize, TV rights, publicity etc. these are bread and butter for them. In other words, they are real demonstrated pros in the sports industry.

Unlike the current owners who are just trying luck to make quick bucks, and do not know a thing about sports or football.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:18 by Luv4nature »

Offline kelso