Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530376 times)

Offline Momenta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #945 on: September 04, 2010, 11:43 »
It seemed that 31 Aug has passed and news of the new owner is still "far far away".  So as previously mentioned that there are few potential bids on the table are just smoke screens created by Broughton and Purslow. With the yanks owners still in place, I believe it will do more harm as players will be distracted on the ownership saga.  >:( >:( >:(

I hope that the come Oct dateline will force these clowns to sell the club at dirt cheap price and new owners with funds and commitment to the club will come in and make this club a serious title contender again.

Offline cn9601

JC's testimonial match
« Reply #946 on: September 05, 2010, 10:11 »
Liverpool stars past and present turned out to honour Jamie Carragher at his testimonial on Saturday.
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/photo-special-stars-back-for-jc

Looking at these photos, OMG!!! as REDS, the 'feel good' and 'good old days' and 'what if these former REDS are playing now'........ *smiles*  They look so "fitting" in REDS jersey  ;D

"Michael Owen, Luis Garcia, Danny Murphy, Steve Finnan"

Offline kelso

« Reply #947 on: September 05, 2010, 14:23 »
I read that as the "Yak" was lining up for Everton's penalty, Carra sneaked past, shot and scored an own goal :)
Amongst the alumni present were Gary Mac (my favourite ex-red) and Dudek, not sure if Macca (Steve) was there though...
Anybody watched Les Arbitres on ch 201? Its a behind the scenes look at refs during the euro '08 , very watchable and it had Howard Botak Webb singing ynwa at the end  :)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 14:28 by kelso »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #948 on: September 06, 2010, 12:26 »
Reminds me of Bergkamp's testimonial, where Marco van Basten and Johan Cruyff turned in cameo appearances.  Ironically a colleague didn't know who Cruyff was: my explanation to her was that if Pele and Maradona are (almost) universally considered the two best footballers ever (which one is #1 being a matter of opinion), when the argument as to #3 starts, Cruyff is often the first name put forward. 

Did Dalglish play at Carra's testimonial?
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline cn9601

« Reply #949 on: September 06, 2010, 19:46 »
Nope  :)

Liverpool XI: Jerzy Dudek, Stephen Wright, Steve Finnan, Stephen Warnock, Joe Cole, Steven Gerrard, Emile Heskey, Michael Owen, Luis Garcia, Jamie Carragher, Jay Spearing, Brad Jones, Paul Konchesky, Ryan Babel, Jonjo Shelvey, Andre Wisdom, Nathan Eccleston, Daniel Ayala, Gary McAllister, Suso, Raheem Sterling, Conor Coady, David Thompson, Jason McAteer, John Flanagan, David Amoo, Jack Robinson.

Everton XI: Iain Turner, Tony Hibbert, Shane Duffy, Aristote Nsiala, Jose Baxter, Francis Jeffers, Luke Garbutt, Magaye Gueye, Leon Osman, Yakubu, Lee Carsley, Leighton Baines, James Wallace, Hope Akpan, Mikel Arteta, Nathan Craig, Adam Davies, James Vaughan, Jermaine Beckford, Zac Thompson, Ross Barkley.

Did Dalglish play at Carra's testimonial?

Offline kelso

« Reply #950 on: September 06, 2010, 20:56 »
Houllier was on the bench next to Roy, very dejavu...ish
Carra was a schoolboy everton fan, for those wondering he chose to play the bitters

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #951 on: September 17, 2010, 09:35 »
what a terrible first half - fortunately the second half was much much better. Stunning goal by Lucas even, and that finish by Ngog was reminiscent of Owen. Maybe Roy has a hairdryer ;D

Offline cn9601

Reds smack Steaua for four
« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2010, 14:40 »
Was too tired to turn on my system clock - slept thru till 7am. Guess will catch up on ch102 at 11pm later  8)

I am beginning to like Roy for his honesty:
"So the decision was made more for defensive reasons than offensive reasons and it was just coincidence Lucas happened to score a great goal. It's good for him and the club, but I don't take any credit for it."

"It is a proud night but I must emphasise that the first two matches were qualifying matches for the Europa League," Hodgson told Liverpoolfc.tv. "To really start saying I've done something special as Liverpool manager I would need to win the next couple of European games and beyond."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-delight-at-cole-show
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-keen-to-play-down-record

As for Lucas.......while I have not watched him played to score that goal or even his performance last evening, I will still prefer him to stay off the field. Many times, his lacklustre performance is more consistent  :-\

And so, I hope this Sunday at Old Trafford, at a minimal a GOOD PLAY by REDs, and looking fwd to see how Torres can terrify those Devils, Stevie unpredictable and penetrating runs, Joe precise string passes and graceful dribbling, Raul rampage of mid-field......wow-wow, getting very excited liao!  ;D :D

what a terrible first half - fortunately the second half was much much better. Stunning goal by Lucas even, and that finish by Ngog was reminiscent of Owen. Maybe Roy has a hairdryer ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 17:38 by cn9601 »

Offline kelso

« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2010, 17:15 »
Lucas turned on 'god-mode' to score a scorcher
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=XSV7l9FrKyU
But I think he can only do it when the planets are aligned

francis woo

« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2010, 17:34 »
Lucas turned on 'god-mode' to score a scorcher
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?xl=xl_blazer&v=XSV7l9FrKyU
But I think he can only do it when the planets are aligned

This I must watch tonight!!....... :o

Offline cn9601

mioTV Ch 102:
22:00  Score! (Live)
23:00  UEFA Europa League Liverpool FC vs FC Steaua Bucuresti

Offline kelso

« Reply #956 on: September 17, 2010, 18:31 »
Why? You scouting him for football manager?  ;D

Offline cn9601

Liverpool's financial troubles could come to a head
« Reply #957 on: September 17, 2010, 19:11 »
What fish is this?  :( :o >:( :-X :-[ :'(

Will monitor for LFC official statement, hopefully to dismiss this report  :-[

"A fire sale of players in the January transfer window cannot be ruled out, even though Liverpool have already........."
".....his partner Hicks is now attempting to refinance alone and gain total control - sending alarm bells through Anfield."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=823998&sec=england&cc=4716

francis woo

« Reply #958 on: September 17, 2010, 19:31 »
Why? You scouting him for football manager?  ;D

Never like him from the start and never will in the future!!!....... ;D
Just curious how he scored the goal!...... :P

Offline kelso

« Reply #959 on: September 17, 2010, 20:44 »
Yeah, give him away also nobody wants...maybe that brazilian coach Dunga
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 21:15 by kelso »