Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530372 times)

Offline lewlian

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #870 on: August 07, 2010, 23:33 »
Not holding my breath on any Chinese takeover or any takeover for that matter until it happens. In the meantime, came across this translated version of YNWA if it does make it to the KOP.  ;D

Ni Yong Yuan Bu Hui Du Xing

Dang Ni Chuan Guo Feng Bao De Shi Hou,

Gao Ang Qi Ni De Tou,

Bu Yao Hai Pa Hei An.

Zai Na Feng Bao Jin Tou,

Shi Pian Jin Se Tian Kong,

He Bai Lin Na Tian Mei De Ge Sheng.

Chuan Guo Feng, Chuan Guo Yu,

Ni De Meng Xiang Huo Xu Hui Po Mie,

Dan Dai Zhe Ni Xin Zhong De Xi Wang Qian Jin,

Ni Yong Yuan Bu Hui Du Xing,

Ni Yong Yuan Bu Hui Du Xing.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline kelso

« Reply #871 on: August 08, 2010, 00:10 »
With a number of players becoming surplus to requirement at citeh, would be prudent for the Hodge to bring back Bellamy on the cheap before transfers end ... can't wait and hope for the deal to go thru, it may be too late
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #872 on: August 08, 2010, 19:38 »
how many players do we have on the books at the moment? what does 25 players refer to - registration for prem lge or full squad?

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #873 on: August 09, 2010, 02:42 »
how many players do we have on the books at the moment? what does 25 players refer to - registration for prem lge or full squad?

Premiership registration - of the 25, 8 must be 'homegrown', meaning that they've been on the books of ANY English club for at least three years before the age of 21. But clubs are also allowed to play an unlimited number of under-21 (I think) players of any nationality or background, above and beyond the 25.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 03:22 by yellowhandman »
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #874 on: August 09, 2010, 15:53 »
Premiership registration - of the 25, 8 must be 'homegrown', meaning that they've been on the books of ANY English club for at least three years before the age of 21. But clubs are also allowed to play an unlimited number of under-21 (I think) players of any nationality or background, above and beyond the 25.

thanks.. I'll try and wrap my hed around this...

guess who's a red?

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #875 on: August 10, 2010, 11:48 »
guess who's a red?

Who dat?

English or Welsh club.  Not sure why the two are lumped together for EPL purposes.  Note that nationality is not relevant, so for instance Fabregas is considered "home-grown", even though he can't play for England.  Apparently Arsenal have something like six "home-grown" who can't/don't play for England, which kinda makes the entire system a bit bizarre,but limiting it by nationality would have violated EU rules.

No doubt ManYoo have a few such oddities as well, e.g. the twins will in future be "home-grown" even though they're not even EU.

Having said that, I wonder what happens going the other way around, e.g. assume that say Spain has similar "home-grown" requirements, would Fabregas, despite being a Spaniard and playing for Spain, be "home-grown"?  Perhaps he would, since he spent several years at Barca's academy before moving to London, but say some other kid was born/raised in England but qualifies for some other country, and opts to do so, and that country's league has similar rules.  What then?

Indeed, I think ManYoo's Owen Hargreaves might fall into this category: he grew up in Canada, played in Germany as well, before plumping for England.  So is he "home-grown"?  And what about nationalised Brits? 
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline cn9601

Could Martin be the ONE, if it was earlier............?
« Reply #876 on: August 10, 2010, 13:00 »
I would have xpected domestic league is one key platform to help gloom native players, ie. by nationality. Such that these native players will have more chance to play in 1st team along with good local and foreign players. However, if the 'home-grown' is simply a rule to stipulate any nationality player having played in the league for at least 3yrs, then my understanding of the policy to align with the BIG picture to cultivate domestic football level and to give more chance to local players kinda get me confused policitically. But again, maybe tis the side door to allow the league structure not being compromised commerically, so that Torres is now one of the 8 'home-growns' ;D

If he were to have resigned earlier, maybe he was the ONE rather than Roy  8)
"Martin O'Neill quits as manager of Aston Villa"
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=813068&sec=england&cc=4716

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #877 on: August 10, 2010, 13:37 »
English or Welsh club.  Not sure why the two are lumped together for EPL purposes.

Probably has something to do with the fact that historically some Welsh clubs have played in the English leagues, i.e. Swansea and Cardiff. Although neither is presently in the EPL, they may have wanted to build in some flexibility. Whereas Scottish teams have always stuck to their own league.

Indeed, I think ManYoo's Owen Hargreaves might fall into this category: he grew up in Canada, played in Germany as well, before plumping for England.  So is he "home-grown"?  And what about nationalised Brits?  

Hargreaves doesn't count as homegrown. Neither will the da Silva twins, because they joined a couple of months too late (i.e. they can't hit three years at United before turning 21).

As for the logic of allowing foreigners to count as 'home grown', I think it's probably due to EU employment law - you can't discriminate against foreign players, simply because of nationality. So the next best solution is the '3 years before 21' rule, which does not discriminate based on nationality, but should theoretically result in more domestic youngsters coming through if you assume that the majority of players in the academies are probably from England or Wales (excluding those clubs who have the resources and network to bring in youngsters from all over).

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 13:42 by yellowhandman »

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
« Reply #878 on: August 10, 2010, 16:18 »
thanks.. I'll try and wrap my hed around this...

guess who's a red?

Maybe she's not a red, but just shagged a red.  :D

Who dat?

woznicki.jpg

Offline kelso

« Reply #879 on: August 10, 2010, 17:28 »
Caroline Wozniacki she just won the Danish open yeah she look shagged haha
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #880 on: August 10, 2010, 21:28 »
Who dat?

as you may have gathered, Caroline Wozniacki ;)

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #881 on: August 10, 2010, 21:38 »
Whoever she is, she clearly has very bad taste.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #882 on: August 10, 2010, 22:34 »

Yes and Shrek pissing on the street in a drunken state is excellent taste I must say. Worst of all, he isn't even pretty. Hmmm then again he is. Pretty ugly.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #883 on: August 10, 2010, 22:54 »
Whoever she is, she clearly has very bad taste.

perhaps, but she knows her football ;)

on another note, I'm getting tired of Mascherano ... or his agent. one of them should shut up until someone actually makes a bid for him

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 22:56 by SiriuslyCold »

Offline cn9601

« Reply #884 on: August 10, 2010, 23:32 »
think abt it, so far it seems oni both of them are kicking fuss abt joinin Inter or Barca, and being outright tat REDS shld allow him to leave. Dun recall Inter and Barca have ever indicated their interest  ::)

Sensing a bad apple in the making. Time to dump it before it corrodes and affects the 'feel good' situation  >:(

on another note, I'm getting tired of Mascherano ... or his agent. one of them should shut up until someone actually makes a bid for him