Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530375 times)

Offline j45yip

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #855 on: August 03, 2010, 22:18 »
...wow, really? with the same "goal to game" ratio?

Wouldn't mind if Torres sold for 70mil and the money used for 2-3 good players
Vecteur D2 CD Transport, AN1865n-k Non-OS DAC
Thorens TD124MkII, MicroSeiki MA88, Expert Stylus 103 / Midas Touch
DACT CT100 / Custom Shunt Regulated PSU
5687 WOT Preamplifier
Behringer DCX2496
Type 45 SET monobloc / Radian950pb / AH204 Azurahorns
UcD180AN / Double Usher 15HM in Custom Vented Enclosures

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #856 on: August 03, 2010, 22:24 »
HUZZAH!!

"My commitment and loyalty to the club and to the fans is the same as it was on my first day when I signed. I am looking forward to the challenge ahead," Torres said. "I am really happy to be back, really happy to stay with all my team-mates.

"This is the best club in the country so the targets and expectations are always high. At Liverpool the aim is to fight for every title. It was difficult last season, but we are sure we can improve this season."
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 22:26 by SiriuslyCold »

Offline kelso

« Reply #857 on: August 04, 2010, 00:21 »

off the top of my head... David Villa , who went to barca for a measly 33mil pounds
:) lest somebody jumps on me for wanting to sell Nando, my only lfc jersy that I own has his name on it and ny nick on lfctv is nandobitemybun :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 00:39 by kelso »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline jerms

« Reply #858 on: August 04, 2010, 01:33 »

sad thing is nando doesn't play enough games as a sicknote.

Offline Pingu

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #859 on: August 04, 2010, 01:39 »
'You'll Never Wok Alone' - The Daily Star.

;D ;D
xxx

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #860 on: August 04, 2010, 09:46 »
'You'll Never Wok Alone' - The Daily Star.

;D ;D

funny, but oh so predictable ;)

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #861 on: August 04, 2010, 10:01 »
I guess if he finally does buy Liverpool, the English press will label him 'the new King Kenny'?

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline cn9601

'I'm at the best club' - Torres
« Reply #862 on: August 04, 2010, 10:21 »
This morning I heard the long-awaiting news on Class95.

And then quickly check: http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-at-the-best-club

*whew*, at least for the time being. Yippie! at least till the next transfer window  8)

Why does this club mean so much to you?
From my first day I got the same welcome as Stevie or Carra or players who have been here for a long time. I felt at home from the first day, I feel the fans love me and everyone knows I am really happy here and really happy to play at Anfield. As I said earlier, I'm looking forward to starting the season and playing with my teammates and for the fans.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=811529&sec=england&cc=4716
Liverpool striker Fernando Torres has dismissed speculation linking him with a move away from Anfield by insisting he is extremely happy to be at "the best club in the country".

Offline Pingu

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #863 on: August 04, 2010, 10:56 »
A reality check from F365 mailbox:

"So they're holding onto a player who plays around 15 games a season and looked poor before he got injured, then was even worse in the World Cup (which Spain won despite him). They're also keeping their 30-year-old past-it captain, whose only real contribution to the game in recent times is having a bit of a tumble to win a penalty. And they've signed a player who's looked past it for a long while and again, is incredibly injury-prone.

Next they'll sign someone like James Beattie and you'll be saying it's their year!"
xxx

Offline dude

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #864 on: August 04, 2010, 11:11 »
Well, Michael Owen was injury-prone too, and it could have been a result of rushing players back into action.

To me, one way of giving players sufficient time to recover from injuries is to have an able substitute. Rafa didn't/couldn't, and I suspect there may have been a few occasions when he risked Torres, since there was no-one else who he felt was reliable. Same for Gerrard.

As for Joe Cole, he was doing fine under Mourinho, so players need time to re-discover their form after being out with injuries, and Cole did have a bad injury last season. So the rehab on Chelsea's bill could be to our benefit.

In any case, I'm glad he stayed, and with news of potential new owners, some gloom will be lifted.

Offline Spunky

« Reply #865 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58 »
yeah, glad he's staying coz who wld buy a club when the 'top' players either want to be transfer out or on the wrong side of 30!

The Ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is...

Offline cn9601

Liverpool aim to become world's richest club
« Reply #866 on: August 04, 2010, 14:22 »
*wow* *blink*  More and more icing on the cake before the start of season 10/11  ;D

Hopefully given Spore Chinese dominant society and 'close' tie with China, REDS will also set up an academy here  ;)

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=811609&sec=england&cc=4716
A Soccernet source has been given an insight into the ambitious plans to launch Liverpool in China, with internet, sponsorship and promotions aimed to push Liverpool beyond the means of even the richest clubs.

The source describes the plans as taking Liverpool to a scale as yet unseen in English football by tapping into the Chinese markets.

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
'Feel-good factor is back'
« Reply #867 on: August 04, 2010, 17:31 »
Quite an appropriate way to put it... all things start from within, a positive morale that is.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/feel-good-factor-is-back

Since taking over at the Reds helm, Hodgson has had Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres commit their futures to the club, while landing arguably the transfer coup of the summer so far in Joe Cole.

And Rush believes there is a genuine air of positivity around Liverpool at the moment.

"Three or four weeks ago everything connected with the club was so negative," he said.

"But Roy Hodgson has come in and helped to transform the mood. He has already proved what a good manager he is.

"With Joe Cole signing, Steven Gerrard committing his future and now Torres following suit it's been a great few weeks for the club.

"Now there's a positive buzz and the supporters are optimistic about the new season."

Offline kelso

« Reply #868 on: August 05, 2010, 11:08 »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/aug/05/china-liverpool-ownership-fund

... in short CIC moved 351 million sterling the last fortnight to prepare for a bid, the red army will have additional 1 billion fans :) and its nice to know you're being served by a LFC part owner down at the neighbourhood kopitiam :)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:20 by kelso »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #869 on: August 06, 2010, 03:08 »
Ngog 1 - 0 '21 mins