Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530664 times)

Offline Pingu

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #615 on: January 16, 2010, 20:30 »
Well, I for one will be rooting for a Liverpool victory tonight.
xxx

Offline Pingu

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #616 on: January 16, 2010, 21:59 »
nah, I give up! After a first half like that, cant torture myself any further by watching the second half...
xxx

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #617 on: January 16, 2010, 22:44 »
Quite hopeless defence + threatless front..... think they'll end up at most mid of table at the end of season.

Offline dude

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #618 on: January 16, 2010, 22:49 »
A battling display, which I will take any day...

Rafa really needs to think about changes to the way the team plays...we are too predictable to trouble other teams. If we are on-form, then the other teams will have to worry about us. With out form and injuries, it's just so easy to pick us apart, so we need to surprise tactically...

Offline kelso

« Reply #619 on: January 23, 2010, 01:42 »
any chance this'll happen?

http://www.milannews.it/?action=read&idnotizia=16510

babel to milan in exchange for huntelaar
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline vieri

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #620 on: January 28, 2010, 11:35 »
Babel in the same class as Huntelaar?  ;D

Alex Fickleson & ARSEne Wanker were monitoring & chasing Huntelaar before he went to Real. If the rumors were true, then
I would welcome Huntelaar to compliment Torres & revert to the 4-3-1-2 system. Then Aquilani play where if gerrard is fit?

Vieri

Let my people go!!!!!

Offline kelso

« Reply #621 on: January 28, 2010, 12:48 »
sshhh not so loud the italians might find out
but honestly both of them are warming the bench and its world cup year so they're getting angtsy
who knows
he might thrive
in serie ah
our bumbling rappin' star
 ;D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 14:12 by kelso »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #622 on: March 14, 2010, 11:03 »

Is there really dressing room discord or just the usual sh*t-stirring by British media...in a period where Liverpool should be huddling together and working out the problems...we have quotes from Carra last week about how he doesn't mind if he leaves Liverpool in the future...now Torres being quoted about wanting to see world class transfers before he considers his future (yeah, where are we gonna find the funds for these cos there sure aren't many white knights left around)...and Captain Marvelous is sulking on the pitch it seems...our expensive summer signing has recovered from injuries but not playing regularly in this tough times due to some inexplicable reasons from the gaffer...

On the recent links of new managers...can they do better? Perhaps a new face may strike something in the players to play better for a while but that is a short-term solution at best. Medium-term the club is still saddled with the American owners who, if not changed, I am afraid is going to lead us into the dark ages...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #623 on: March 15, 2010, 10:26 »
On the recent links of new managers...can they do better? Perhaps a new face may strike something in the players to play better for a while but that is a short-term solution at best. Medium-term the club is still saddled with the American owners who, if not changed, I am afraid is going to lead us into the dark ages...

"Into the dark ages"?  I would have thought arguably your lot are already half-way there, 20 years without a title; although you do have the consolation of one ECL win.

All this Pompey nonsense at least seems to have focused minds on the ownership and debt levels of clubs.  Personally I hope they quickly come up with something that prohibits leveraged buyouts (i.e what the Glazers did to ManYoo, and the other Yanks sort-of did with Pool), so that buyers must secure their own loans and can't dump it onto the club.  Then it wouldn't happen to Arsenal  :P
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline Luv4nature

Real Madrid want Liverpool boss Benitez
« Reply #624 on: March 15, 2010, 11:39 »
Spanish report: Real Madrid want Liverpool boss Benitez to replace Pellegrini

http://www.gfdb.com/NewsItem.197736.Spanish-report-Real-Madrid-want-Liverpool-boss-Benitez-to-replace-Pellegrini.aspx

This should serve as a welcome news to take away Benitez without having LFC to pay hefty sum to sack him.

On the other hand, if the current interested investor could really inject capital to dilute the American ownership and provide the much needed funds for new signing, new coach and new stadium, then things will be moving in the right direction, and then ....

You'll never walk alone.... towards light at the end of the tunnel !!

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #625 on: March 15, 2010, 11:52 »
Who's available that can replace Rafa?

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #626 on: March 15, 2010, 12:26 »
Who's available that can replace Rafa?

And that's the big question, isn't it?  "King" Kenny?  Maureen-Yo?  (But he's just waiting for SAF to retire.)

Have any recently retired (i.e. in the last 10 years or so) Liverpool players become managers?  Offhand I can think of Paul Ince, but I'm pretty sure your lot don't want him as manager. 
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

francis woo

« Reply #627 on: March 15, 2010, 12:30 »

Have any recently retired (i.e. in the last 10 years or so) Liverpool players become managers?  Offhand I can think of Paul Ince, but I'm pretty sure your lot don't want him as manager. 

Curious!! where is he now!!....... ???

Offline lewlian

« Reply #628 on: March 15, 2010, 13:57 »

Not sure how the finances work but from reading a particular report, the current co-owners are required by their banks to reduce the debt by 100mio pounds. Coincidentally the new injection sought is about 40% stake of about 110-120mio pounds.

It means diluting their share to 30% each but where is new money to be found for players, let alone stadium etc..
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Luv4nature

« Reply #629 on: March 15, 2010, 15:57 »
If the banks just want to lower their risks with the current owners but not the club, the debt- equity ratio of the newly structured club will then be much lower, enabling it to raise funding to carry out its improvement plans.