Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530369 times)

Offline SiriuslyCold

• Trade Count: (0)
  • inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #555 on: November 09, 2009, 02:27 »
sometimes I have doubts about his sanity though ;)

francis woo

« Reply #556 on: November 09, 2009, 14:24 »
sometimes I have doubts about his sanity though ;)

hahaha, support showing sign of waning!!!........... ::)

Offline lewlian

« Reply #557 on: November 09, 2009, 14:26 »

bro, me think it is similar to your Fergie and old goats theory...doesn't mean you support any less lah.  ;D
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #558 on: November 09, 2009, 14:39 »

LOL we must be supportive, not deaf, dumb and blind. After all Liverpool fans are well known for being 1) self deprecating and 2) cognizant - of good play, by ourselves and others, and it follows that we're sometimes more overtly critical of our own.

I also doubt Sir Alex's sanity, FWIW...

Offline cn9601

Hicks has no plans to sell off Liverpool's stars
« Reply #559 on: November 09, 2009, 15:41 »
it's oni November, and REDS are being written off gradually. And at this stage, REDS big players are being considered to be priced away from Anfield.

While this is tabloid talk or rumor or watever it is, it is a real REDS situation. If there's no Champions League, title challenge drive, what's keeping Torres and Stevie (for example) and to even thinking of attracting others.......

yes...yes, it's oni November. But I have not seen REDS in such dire straits for a long time - I cant even remember when was the last time.... :-[

"Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks has insisted the club will not be forced to sell off their star names should they fail to qualify for the next stage of the Champions League, or miss out on the competition next season."
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=695772&sec=england&cc=4716

Offline lewlian

« Reply #560 on: November 09, 2009, 19:46 »

Define dire straits? Hmmm...league position in November or sensationalized press reports?

One has to take a severe dose of reality when reading the dailies...  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #561 on: November 09, 2009, 20:05 »
"Dire Straits": great band of the '80s led by guitarist/vocalist Mark Knopfler. Their debut yielded the perennial hit Sultans of Swing which established Knopfler as a guitar god.

Offline cn9601

« Reply #562 on: November 09, 2009, 20:38 »
Sorie, bro, but somehow u seem to perceive that ppl who get too critical, u imply the person(s) are reading too much into tabloid and press and web stuffs..... ::) ???

Bro SiriuslyCold, allow me to borrow yr words: "LOL we must be supportive, not deaf, dumb and blind."

*[

Define dire straits? Hmmm...league position in November or sensationalized press reports?
One has to take a severe dose of reality when reading the dailies...  ::)

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #563 on: November 09, 2009, 21:16 »
I don't read tabloid reports though :)

Offline lewlian

« Reply #564 on: November 09, 2009, 21:20 »
Sorie, bro, but somehow u seem to perceive that ppl who get too critical, u imply the person(s) are reading too much into tabloid and press and web stuffs..... ::) ???

Bro SiriuslyCold, allow me to borrow yr words: "LOL we must be supportive, not deaf, dumb and blind."

*[

Gee...you said so yourself in your comments "While this is tabloid talk or rumor or watever it is.." preceded by quote from Soccernet and then having a link to an article with that same quote. Not sure how much critical thinking went into it. You really have to understand what SC meant by "not deaf, dumb and blind".

SC - LMAO, can't fault your response.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline lewlian

« Reply #565 on: November 09, 2009, 21:30 »

Btw cn9601, don't get me wrong, I am all for a good constructive discussion on the team but seriously...when you link Soccernet that is taking the contents from the Daily Mirror...and how much journalism is there hence my take on it as sensationalizing.

So is Torres and Gerrard going to Chelski because of this?
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #566 on: November 09, 2009, 21:52 »
Tonite playing a mid-low Birm City Team, they're Rafa's biggest enemy when playing against such teams....so they'll probably struggle. Playing at home?? Ok, then will struggle slightly less.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #567 on: November 09, 2009, 21:56 »
Tonite playing a mid-low Birm City Team, they're Rafa's biggest enemy when playing against such teams....so they'll probably struggle. Playing at home?? Ok, then will struggle slightly less.

Let's hope with the return from injury of some of the players, he can at least field a decent team. Actually IIRC last season we had more problems at home than away with such teams as they visited Anfield and parked the bus across the goalmouth as opposed to playing at their home ground where they were expected to produce a fight by their home support.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline lewlian

« Reply #568 on: November 09, 2009, 22:46 »

Criticism is easy

Aside from the obvious plug for his book...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #569 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57 »
Let's hope with the return from injury of some of the players, he can at least field a decent team. Actually IIRC last season we had more problems at home than away with such teams as they visited Anfield and parked the bus across the goalmouth as opposed to playing at their home ground where they were expected to produce a fight by their home support.

The struggle against mid-low team is certainly becoming a routine now... note Birm City did not pack their defence, they played offensively and scored 2 goals.