Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530380 times)

Offline zenit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2009, 22:14 »
Quotes from SAF,

Sat 13 Sep 2008, Anfield, Liverpool 2, Manchester United 1,
"You don't expect that from Manchester United.
When we have a bad day we usually still get something from the game.
Overall, they were the better team today."

Sat 14 Mar 2009, Old Trafford, Manchester United 1, Liverpool 4,
"There is no complacency on our part. We have lost a game.
We need to respond and that is what we will do.
It is a hard one to take because I felt we were the better team.
That is not reflected in the scoreline and quite rightly,
when you win 4-1 you get all the plaudits. I can't deny that."

Sun 25 Oct 2009, Anfield, Liverpool 2, Manchester United 0,
"Liverpool were the better team and I am not taking anything away from them at all.
They deserved to win the game as it was a disappointing performance from us.
We were not good enough.
Last season we lost at home 4-1 to Liverpool which was a travesty
but we went on to win the league."

;D they won the league with the refs...he's trying to do that again...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 22:16 by zenit »
The world is full of Kings and Queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams /
And they'll tell you black is really white / The moon is just the sun at night /
And when you walk in golden halls / You get to keep the gold that falls /

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #511 on: October 26, 2009, 22:49 »
what's old rednose doing in our thread? :P ;D

Offline zenit

« Reply #512 on: October 26, 2009, 22:58 »
what's old rednose doing in our thread? :P ;D

just a hat trick of quotes that we are better ;D
The world is full of Kings and Queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams /
And they'll tell you black is really white / The moon is just the sun at night /
And when you walk in golden halls / You get to keep the gold that falls /

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #513 on: October 27, 2009, 01:37 »
watching again

1. Kuyt's shirt was torn. this foul was so blatant even Wenger would have seen it.
2. Jamie Carragher was on the side of the ball, sure Owen would have probably overtaken him if he didn't block Owen - but they were both grappling. Result: yellow (why? it was six of one and half a dozen of the other).
3. Vidic was already behind Kuyt and the opposite side of the ball when he dragged Kuyt down. Result: yellow.

Andy Gray... bless his little manc heart

"that's the first save Reina has had to make in about 60 minutes of play, and that's a sign of ..."  what:

A. Liverpool's dominance
B. Man Utd's intent to get into the game (someone tell him it's 75 minutes in)

Offline asianboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #514 on: October 27, 2009, 09:05 »

;D they won the league with the refs...he's trying to do that again...

United won it only because of Macheda. But whatever make you feel happy.  ;D

Offline Pingu

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #515 on: October 27, 2009, 12:06 »

1. Kuyt's shirt was torn. this foul was so blatant even Wenger would have seen it.

Dai, dai, why must you bring Le'Arse and Wenger into it?? >:(

But seriously, was Liverpool's performance that much better than that 'day at the beach'? ;D I only watched the highlights of the Sunderland game and I thought they were somewhat unlucky not to score.

Similarly, in the ManU game everything could have been so different if Valencia's strike had rebounded into the net after hitting the crossbar. A positive result puts an entirely positive gloss on the performance as well...

Liverpool have their strengths, and weaknesses, like any other team. There will be wins and there will be losses. The issue is whether they can be sufficiently consisten to land the big one? I'm still doubtful...
xxx

Offline cn9601

« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2009, 15:35 »
Highlights (& movie trailers) cannot tell how well the team plays (or whether the movie is evry minute/second entertaining).

The Sunderland (and esp. Lyon) matches are crappy. In fact, I switched off TV on 85th for Lyon, and later got to know that another crappy goal conceded during that 5min++

Sunday game agst Devils was a much better team play from the back to the front (including Lucas specifically), esp. in the absence of Stevie. So it's not just a 'flashy' cremy effect on the top for show. For this season, Sunday game is one of 2 games that the team plays OK; so far it has been crappy where the back and mid-field are guilty areas).

After 4 defeats, a win (esp. agst Devils) is good for evrybody, esp. my football bet  ;D But Sunday's win is a definite credit to REDs above-par performance.

It is easier and probable to anticipate that after a win, we can approach the next game in a higher spirit and motivation, and of coz it is likely that REDS can win all games thereafter  ;D  Am I being too hopeful and unrealistic  ::) Hopeful, maybe....BUT not necessary unrealistic  ;)

:)

I only watched the highlights of the Sunderland game and I thought they were somewhat unlucky not to score.

A positive result puts an entirely positive gloss on the performance as well...

when the team sheet was out last Saturday aginst Sunderland, I fell off the chair, spilled 2 cans of Tiger beer and sobbed all the way till the whistle blew - which then I could start breathing normally  :-[
The gaffer obviously had no idea how to deal with the loss of Stevie & Torres. The mid-field and front were craps; and what the hell happened to Carra this season, esp. after the knock with Skrtel on that dreadful, fated match against Spurs  :-\
Later home match aginst Lyon - all bets are on the table  8)
I am preparing to watch 变节 Laughing Gor - Turning Point via PCH, just in case!

Offline kelso

« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2009, 17:12 »
If the penalty was given for Berbatov's take down of Kuyt, Liverpool could've gone at least one up in the first half and possibly opening the floodgates but that didn't happen.

If he was shown a yellow, that would've meant a second yellow in the second half but that didn't happen

If Vidic was shown a yellow for barging into Pepe while he was throwing the ball upfield for a fast counter it would've meant an even earlier send off but that didn't happen

If the ref had ruled the beach ball goal disallowed for outside interference it would've meant a draw and maybe Rafa wouldn't have gotten so much stick but didn't happen

so no use arguing what might have happened if Valencia's effort went in. In fact Rafa not arguing over the beach ball goal showed some dignity, SAF wouldn't turned purple in the face and popped an artery not to mention what he might done to the ref...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 17:15 by kelso »
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline kelso

« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2009, 23:44 »
meanwhile...Aurelio got his first call-up to the national team (which is bittersweet) and Aquaman will be on the bench tomorrow (which is sweet)
Waking up in the morning is the second hardest thing.

Offline scoobydoo

• In Naim, I trust.
« Reply #519 on: November 01, 2009, 11:05 »
Rafa is probably the only manager in the world to make substitutions to try win the next game, when he is losing the current one.
In Naim, I trust.

Offline asianboy

« Reply #520 on: November 01, 2009, 11:10 »
Rafa is probably the only manager in the world to make substitutions to try win the next game, when he is losing the current one.

cant blame him because Liverpool really needs to win mid week match for them to qualify from CL group stage.

Offline scoobydoo

• In Naim, I trust.
« Reply #521 on: November 01, 2009, 11:25 »
I have to disagree. I blame him.

No one knows what is going to happen from today's match to the mid week CPL match. *touch wood*.. any of those players that he saved up could meet with some freak accident or just get injured... He should just play his best players to win the current match.
In Naim, I trust.

Offline SiriuslyCold

« Reply #522 on: November 01, 2009, 11:38 »
cant blame him because Liverpool really needs to win mid week match for them to qualify from CL group stage.

if you've been reading a lot of Liverpool boards you know the CL is not a priority with 'pool fans

Offline asianboy

« Reply #523 on: November 01, 2009, 11:44 »
if you've been reading a lot of Liverpool boards you know the CL is not a priority with 'pool fans

i know but for the two American owners CL money is important for them to survive.

Offline asianboy

« Reply #524 on: November 01, 2009, 11:50 »
I have to disagree. I blame him.

No one knows what is going to happen from today's match to the mid week CPL match. *touch wood*.. any of those players that he saved up could meet with some freak accident or just get injured... He should just play his best players to win the current match.

he does his best to save his players for next match and whatever happened from now to mid week match is beyond his control but he tried though. Anyway Rafa needs to go but you are stuck with poor owners and with him until a new buyer show up.