Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 530649 times)

Offline zenit

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion
« Reply #480 on: October 21, 2009, 20:17 »
;D no wonder Liverpool haven't win EPL for long! Never look at big picture.  :P

yap! so did the other teams, just need to $queeze in the top 4 for UCL, things made easy for SAF.
The world is full of Kings and Queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams /
And they'll tell you black is really white / The moon is just the sun at night /
And when you walk in golden halls / You get to keep the gold that falls /

Offline asianboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #481 on: October 21, 2009, 20:25 »
yap! so did the other teams, just need to $queeze in the top 4 for UCL, things made easy for SAF.

i guess everyone is waiting for him to retire.  :P

Offline Luv4nature

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #482 on: October 21, 2009, 20:45 »
anyone think if there's a chance kenny dalglish will ever lead L'pool again? Haha present and future don't look good, so can only mesmorize the past :)

Offline scoobydoo

• In Naim, I trust.
« Reply #483 on: October 21, 2009, 21:53 »
I am not bashing Rafa in any way. Personally I think he has done well in his time in Liverpool. However, I feel that he has taken Liverpool as far as he could. We should thank him for his services now and move on, regardless of the results against ManU this weekend.

Jose! Jose! Jose!

or

Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!

Though i would prefer the former.
In Naim, I trust.

Offline lewlian

« Reply #484 on: October 22, 2009, 01:23 »
And 18 million pounds on Glen Johnson? That's not a case of having no money - that's having bad judgment.

I would have thought Liverpool fans would have had enough of bouncing after the Sunderland game...

Far from pot calling the kettle black..am not even going to dredge up the expensive duds signed during SAF's reign re price paid in THOSE days  ;)...there is the mark up for English players vs continental ones and I suspect Rafa had an eye on the new ruling for number of English/home-grown players. Besides Johnson has already brought a different style with results so far this season. Rafa also funded this purchase together with Aquilani from sales of players hence my point about doing it with limited resources.

Well at least he was decent enough to accept a bad day at the office instead of blaming an inanimate object rather than some Sir blaming the fitness of a referee and then side/back-tracking...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline alcapone

« Reply #485 on: October 23, 2009, 09:07 »

Well at least he was decent enough to accept a bad day at the office instead of blaming an inanimate object rather than some Sir blaming the fitness of a referee and then side/back-tracking...

Bully is the right word. If he doesn't gets the result he wanted, he'll blame either the referee or the opponents....

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #486 on: October 23, 2009, 09:21 »
uh, oh... the dreaded "vote of confidence"

Offline lewlian

« Reply #487 on: October 23, 2009, 09:32 »

Well both owners have to agree on the "vote" and who to get in as a replacement. Not sure if they can even agree one item.  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #488 on: October 23, 2009, 10:39 »
If we can beat mu home and away, doesn't matters if mu finish 2nd and we finish 17th... ;D

Which is exactly what Arsenal did in 2007/08, but ask any Arsenal fan and I'm sure he'd agree with me we'd rather lose to them twice and finish champs.  And I'm sure the Moaners don't care they lost to us twice since they ended up on top.

I know, Arsenal v. ManYoo is not Pool v. ManYoo.  But sub in Spertz and my sentiment is the same: I'd rather be champions rather than just win our local derbies.

And yes, I note you said 2nd, and not 1st.  But as others have already pointed out, that's not looking at the big picture.  Why care if your deadly rivals don't win the title, if you don't either? After all, there has been no real risk of Spertz winning the title in over 40 years anyway, and us Gooners still keep an eye on the ultimate prize for ourselves.

Rafa's "saving grace" is that Pool are in no position to fire him anyway, financially.  They can't pay him off, nor can they attract a suitable replacement.  And in any case, the two Yanks can't agree on anything, nor can they afford to rock the boat right now whilst trying to sell the club.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline zenit

« Reply #489 on: October 23, 2009, 11:06 »
Which is exactly what Arsenal did in 2007/08, but ask any Arsenal fan and I'm sure he'd agree with me we'd rather lose to them twice and finish champs.  And I'm sure the Moaners don't care they lost to us twice since they ended up on top.

I know, Arsenal v. ManYoo is not Pool v. ManYoo.  But sub in Spertz and my sentiment is the same: I'd rather be champions rather than just win our local derbies.

And yes, I note you said 2nd, and not 1st.  But as others have already pointed out, that's not looking at the big picture.  Why care if your deadly rivals don't win the title, if you don't either? After all, there has been no real risk of Spertz winning the title in over 40 years anyway, and us Gooners still keep an eye on the ultimate prize for ourselves.

Yes, Spurs didn't win in 40 years, but I'm sure they"ll like to beat Arsenal more than they wanted against Chelsea.
and for years Reds vs Devils are even bigger than Reds vs Everton, or United vs City.
and yes, we'll not mind to lose to Arsenal twice and win the Championship.
And of course IMO smaller teams always never give their all against MU,
they'll save the best for the next opponent, and do you think MU is good this season ?
I'm a Reds fan for years, I don't see us winning the league,
there's only 2 players in the current squad that i consider championship material.

Reds and Gunners will be very lucky to be in the Big 4 after this season,
coz Spurs, Villa and City are all catching up.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 11:28 by zenit »
The world is full of Kings and Queens / Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams /
And they'll tell you black is really white / The moon is just the sun at night /

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #490 on: October 23, 2009, 12:33 »
For a top team, winning the Premiership or the Champions League should really be the only thing that matters, because how many trophies you win ultimately determines the greatness of your club. If at the end of the day neither you nor your rival wins the title/cup, then doing the home-away double over your rivals is ultimately meaningless - the following season will bring another pair of home-away matchups, and then the past is just nothing but good memories.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #491 on: October 23, 2009, 19:38 »
although winning stuff alone does not make a club great...

Offline zenit

« Reply #492 on: October 24, 2009, 05:05 »
For a top team, winning the Premiership or the Champions League should really be the only thing that matters, because how many trophies you win ultimately determines the greatness of your club. If at the end of the day neither you nor your rival wins the title/cup, then doing the home-away double over your rivals is ultimately meaningless - the following season will bring another pair of home-away matchups, and then the past is just nothing but good memories.

Expected comments from a MU fan, typical doesn't it ?
Finishing in the top 4 = competing in europe = $$$
:D Do you mean, the rest of the teams are just there to make up the numbers? for MU? :P
Let's see how meaningful life is after SAF :P

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #493 on: October 24, 2009, 08:41 »
Expected comments from a MU fan, typical doesn't it ?
Finishing in the top 4 = competing in europe = $$$
:D Do you mean, the rest of the teams are just there to make up the numbers? for MU? :P
Let's see how meaningful life is after SAF :P

Where in my post did I say or imply anything about the rest of the teams just being there to make up the numbers?  ::)

Of course getting into Europe is important - United would be in deep doo-doo if we didn't make it. But ultimately, for big clubs like United, Chelsea, Arsenal and, yes, Liverpool - the goal must be to win one of the big trophies.

Trophies are ultimately what determine a club's historical greatness - don't tell me Liverpool fans don't (justifiably) bank on your 18 league titles and 5 European cups as a measure of your team's superiority? There are banners on the Kop proclaiming that!

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline zenit

« Reply #494 on: October 24, 2009, 09:56 »
Where in my post did I say or imply anything about the rest of the teams just being there to make up the numbers?  ::)

Of course getting into Europe is important - United would be in deep doo-doo if we didn't make it. But ultimately, for big clubs like United, Chelsea, Arsenal and, yes, Liverpool - the goal must be to win one of the big trophies.

Trophies are ultimately what determine a club's historical greatness - don't tell me Liverpool fans don't (justifiably) bank on your 18 league titles and 5 European cups as a measure of your team's superiority? There are banners on the Kop proclaiming that!

You didn't imply, it's just year in year out the rest just can't seem to win the premiership ;D

Judging by trophies, there's one great Liverpool and one great Ferguson United ;D ;D ;D