Author Topic: Liverpool articles/interesting reads/discussion  (Read 458394 times)

Offline armoury

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The lunatic is on the grass...
Re: Liverpool articles/interesting reads
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2008, 15:20 »
frankly, i don't think this liverpool squad is even close to winning a championship. if they do make it to 3rd, it will be because arsenal falls apart.

Already mathematically impossible, even before this weekend's games. At the same time, Pool's 4th place was also already certain as Everton were too far behind, even before losing this weekend.
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2008, 16:19 »
ooo, wes brown over jamie carragher? LOL

to me the whole has to be more than the sum of its parts... so a head to head isn't really relevant

brown isn't united's first choice centre back.

but given your 'sum of the parts' argument, the comparison would be carragher/hyppia/agger vs vidic/rio/brown actually (three regular centre backs to choose two). and i'd take the united trio anyday. carragher is a 30 year old who plays like he's already 35 - looks tired the moment he steps onto the pitch.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED! GO LAKERS! FORZA FERRARI!

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2008, 16:20 »
Already mathematically impossible, even before this weekend's games. At the same time, Pool's 4th place was also already certain as Everton were too far behind, even before losing this weekend.

i was referring to next season, actually. it's only gooners who were still banking on mathematical miracles this season, before this weekend...  ;D

Offline Spunky

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2008, 16:23 »
I couldn't figure out why we needed another midfielder too especially for the price/age. Some quarters did mention he is left footed so not sure how much weight that is going to help to be honest. Perhaps some stats on assists/attacks/goals for him may surface.  :P

Same thoughts here!  With him at 27 and SG at 28, they have at most 2 good seasons to go but I believe they have already peaked last 1 or 2 seasons.  I wld rather they buy someone more expensive but younger and more iconic (sells more shirt mah!) ;D.
The Ultimate answer to Life, the Universe and Everything is...

Offline lewlian

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2008, 16:46 »
brown isn't united's first choice centre back.

but given your 'sum of the parts' argument, the comparison would be carragher/hyppia/agger vs vidic/rio/brown actually (three regular centre backs to choose two). and i'd take the united trio anyday. carragher is a 30 year old who plays like he's already 35 - looks tired the moment he steps onto the pitch.

Liverpool's first 3 CBs are Carragher/Agger/Skrtel now and I wouldn't trade them for any of yours too. Looks to me doesn't matter so long as his legs and heart are willing.  ;)
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2008, 17:57 »
Liverpool's first 3 CBs are Carragher/Agger/Skrtel now and I wouldn't trade them for any of yours too. Looks to me doesn't matter so long as his legs and heart are willing.  ;)

btw lewlian...congrats on your 3000th post!

Offline armoury

• The lunatic is on the grass...
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2008, 20:43 »

And you are 1 shy of your 1,000th...
There is no dark side of the moon really.  Matter of fact, it's all dark.

Offline Darthfunk

• Da funk banana
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2008, 21:18 »

Now say 1000!

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2008, 19:59 »
back on topic...

Liverpool's Six Shooters

"HAVING derided them as a one-man team for much of the past decade, Liverpool's detractors have now got them down as little more than a Steven Gerrard-Fernando Torres double act.

Such has been the deadly duo's wondrous form this season it is easy to paint a picture of a team which owes its every victory to them.

But should Liverpool's critics be interested in allowing the facts to get in the way of a good story a glance at the goalscoring charts would be enough to disabuse them of this misleading notion.

For the first time since the double winning season of 1985/86, no fewer than six Liverpool players have hit double figures in all competitions... (more)

Offline lewlian

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2008, 10:35 »

had not noticed... gee the missus will surely think i've got too much time on my hands...
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 14:08 »
had not noticed... gee the missus will surely think i've got too much time on my hands...

your missus also checks out XP? otherwise how will she know?

Offline lewlian

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2008, 14:22 »

well she probably can guess from the amount of time I spent at the pc or watching/talking footie/HT . LOL.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline yellowhandman

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2008, 14:39 »
well she probably can guess from the amount of time I spent at the pc or watching/talking footie/HT . LOL.

I'm sure she's happy you spend your time doing those things, instead of other things.

Offline SiriuslyCold

• inter cathedra et pulpitum reae culpae est
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2008, 12:12 »
"Torres took time off from celebrating in Spain’s dressing room to send text messages to friends and team-mates on Merseyside, thanking them for helping him land his first major trophy."

(full story)

decent chap, sounds like.

Offline blackburn

« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2008, 12:39 »
he knows where he really belongs