Author Topic: Pioneer plasma / LED panel thread - share info and tips  (Read 350530 times)

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Pioneer plasma / LED panel thread - share info and tips
« Reply #1500 on: February 19, 2016, 23:42 »
I hope so too...there is another bro here also contact me with the same issue same set...now I am awaiting more parts from my supplier.

Its a 8itch of a job and rather time consuming as the parts are under the main board in the unit which has to be completely stripped down to get at the part to replace it. screws and straps all over the place and there is no way to test it without hooking it up to the TV.

I'm just glad to be able to help Pismo and the couple of others to keep a classic display on the grid for a while longer. They don't make them like that anymore.

Hope my Panny plasma 65" doesn't kark it anytime soon

« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 23:45 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline Sepulture

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1501 on: February 20, 2016, 13:39 »
I hope he is able to resolve the issue for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. I hope so too, keeping my fingers crossed. Can't bear to let my Kuro waste away just because of a media box-related issue. :)

I hope so too...there is another bro here also contact me with the same issue same set...now I am awaiting more parts from my supplier.

Its a 8itch of a job and rather time consuming as the parts are under the main board in the unit which has to be completely stripped down to get at the part to replace it. screws and straps all over the place and there is no way to test it without hooking it up to the TV.

I'm just glad to be able to help Pismo and the couple of others to keep a classic display on the grid for a while longer. They don't make them like that anymore.

Hope my Panny plasma 65" doesn't kark it anytime soon

Thanks to you that we even have a chance of salvaging this awesome (and extinct) panel. :)

Offline tonytakitani

« Reply #1502 on: June 19, 2016, 19:13 »
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?PHPSESSID=ccea476c248415cb8c3ff7ab77c6aaf1&topic=45450.msg493108#msg493108

FYI, Best Denki Takashimaya's latest price for the KRP-500A is $6299, with 3 years warranty plus Pioneer BDP-120 player and 2m HDMI cable.

Hi guys, it's been a while since I last posted.

So 2 mths shy of its 7th year, and my 500A just met a catastrophic accident.
Long story short: HTC Vive controller vs Kuro screen, and the screen lost  :'(

Aside from the 8 blue blinks issue (for which I had my media receiver motherboard replaced back in 2014) it's been a wonderful 7 years of the highest quality viewing experience, so I've never felt the urge to upgrade.

So for replacement TV there's really only 1 choice for us Kuro owners: the LG OLEDs. As they say, once you go black you never go back  :P
The only question for me is whether to stick to 55" or upgrade to 65"...

Anyway, for any existing 500A owners looking for replacement parts (media receiver, speakers, remote controller, etc) pls PM me.
LG OLED 65E6T, Marantz NR1605, Philips BDP7501 4K Blu-Ray Player, Peachtree Audio Nova, KEF Q series, ATC SCM11, REL Strata III, PS3, PS4, Olive Musica, URC MX-900

My Top 5 Favourite BDs: Wings Of Desire, Red Cliff I & II, Baraka, A Passage To India, Sunshine

Check out my KRP-500A sales thread if you're looking for spare parts:
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=233080.msg1152157

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #1503 on: June 19, 2016, 19:23 »
I've had success repairing 1 of three of these controller boxes with replacement voltage regulators...of course there are maybe many scenarios that will result in the 8blue flashing sequence but at least one is replacing that chip which is a couple of hours work or more and I charge 150 for a repair. Due to the unit not being easily transported with the whole screen it's impossible to test in my workshop and a missing panel still indicates an 8blue flash.

Note that this is a hit or miss repair option, but you might consider it worth the expense. For PismoMac his panel is now working again (still) but 2 others I have have not had such positive results, possible due to a different failure.

It's not possible to test the failed board unless you perhaps engage pioneer service center.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline tonytakitani

« Reply #1504 on: June 19, 2016, 19:55 »
I've had success repairing 1 of three of these controller boxes with replacement voltage regulators...of course there are maybe many scenarios that will result in the 8blue flashing sequence but at least one is replacing that chip which is a couple of hours work or more and I charge 150 for a repair. Due to the unit not being easily transported with the whole screen it's impossible to test in my workshop and a missing panel still indicates an 8blue flash.

Note that this is a hit or miss repair option, but you might consider it worth the expense. For PismoMac his panel is now working again (still) but 2 others I have have not had such positive results, possible due to a different failure.

It's not possible to test the failed board unless you perhaps engage pioneer service center.

Thanks for the offer.
My post probably should have been clearer; the accident resulted in a smashed screen.
It's oddly fascinating actually, seeing the blackness slowly spreading larger and larger from the point of impact, like a bruise. Quite different from smashed LCD screens.
The media receiver and everything else is still working fine.
Oh well, its spilt milk...
LG OLED 65E6T, Marantz NR1605, Philips BDP7501 4K Blu-Ray Player, Peachtree Audio Nova, KEF Q series, ATC SCM11, REL Strata III, PS3, PS4, Olive Musica, URC MX-900

My Top 5 Favourite BDs: Wings Of Desire, Red Cliff I & II, Baraka, A Passage To India, Sunshine

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #1505 on: June 20, 2016, 21:51 »
A shame about your screen.
Sent you a pm bro. Cheers
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2018/03/my-setup-32018.html

Offline tonytakitani

« Reply #1506 on: June 21, 2016, 14:35 »
A shame about your screen.
Sent you a pm bro. Cheers

Yup saw it. Pls check out my WTS :
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=233080.msg1152157#msg1152157

Offline durian345

« Reply #1507 on: June 17, 2017, 15:10 »
Hi, first time posting on this thread.
Anyone here uses a logitech remote for your KRP 500A instead of the pioneer remote?
Is the logitech able to access all the setting menus for the KRP?
Cos Im thinking of using the logitech

Offline petetherock

« Reply #1508 on: July 17, 2017, 20:35 »
Sigh.. my 507 has been flashing red, it starts up then switches off by itself..
Any ideas on repair?
Thanks

My gear:

Offline petetherock

« Reply #1509 on: November 29, 2018, 08:17 »
I wonder how many people still own Pioneers and are these sets still working?

My gear:

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #1510 on: November 29, 2018, 08:25 »
One of my ex-colleague still owns one n working. Now average one day operates for roughly 2hrs or little more... He claims it's very expensive to get the spoiled modules changed.