Author Topic: Belden 1313A speaker cable  (Read 158279 times)

Offline cn9601

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Belden 1313A speaker cable
« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2007, 09:42 »
actually, u can use 1313A all round for a consistent sound, but i like to mix/match, rojak
here n there, i stayed with the 8714 for my setup becos i find the 1313A "too clear" for my centre and 8714 producing the sound tat i like, warm, realistic vocals, but not overly bright or forward.
 :)

Bro hifiluv, juz read some posts abt 1313A might NOT be suitable for BRIGHT setup. Basically, my stereo setup of Audiolab-Cambridge Audio-Mission 774 is kinda BRIGHT. As a Belden Guru (to me), wats yr expert opinion on tis, ie. I really hope tat 1313A could tame the BRIGHTNESS a little more and the Bass slightly more punchy and control  ;D  Hope I not asking too much from a $6/m cable  :P  BTW, all other bros pls do comment as well  ;)

Offline warmasterhorus11

• Cant live without VantageHD! Revolution in PQ!
« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2007, 09:49 »
Bass will punch well... not too heavy not too soft or patchy ;D then again also must depend the recording of the CD itself.  ;)
Money don't Change People, It is Money that bring Changes around them. Calibre VantageHD, HIFi-Tuning(Quantum Plug & Noise Destroyer), RGPC 1200, Anthem A5, A2, Marantz SR7002, Epson TW700, Oppo BD83, DV983H, Marantz CD63SE(TS-Lim Modded). SVS PB12, PS Audio Juice Bar II, Harmonic Tech, Bettercables, Signalcables, Focupix 80".

Offline hifiluv

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2007, 12:45 »
Bro hifiluv, juz read some posts abt 1313A might NOT be suitable for BRIGHT setup. Basically, my stereo setup of Audiolab-Cambridge Audio-Mission 774 is kinda BRIGHT. As a Belden Guru (to me), wats yr expert opinion on tis, ie. I really hope tat 1313A could tame the BRIGHTNESS a little more and the Bass slightly more punchy and control  ;D  Hope I not asking too much from a $6/m cable  :P  BTW, all other bros pls do comment as well  ;)

thereotically speaking, the 1313A is a only copper stranded cable, thus shd tend towards the warm side. perhaps becos of the heavy gauge, the signal comes out a little stronger compare to say 4S11, at least tat is my experience. 

agree tat it also depends on overall setup.  for my current setup, the 1313A gave me more dynamics, bass punch and speed compared to when i was using 4S11.  combining with a tube amp, the balance is rather pleasant,  for $6/mtr can buy and try out, if sound don't suit yr taste can WTS,  ;D
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 12:47 by hifiluv »

Offline benzx

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2007, 15:26 »

Bro, I've used audioquest Type 4 (single run) before. In relative terms, its considered quite warm sounding, compared to a model of belden cable (not the 1313A) which I've used before.  Maybe bro hifiluv can help me recall the model of belden? as i have forgotten.  I've not tried a 1313A before, but I doubt it'll be warmer sounding that your audioquest type 4, if thats what you are looking for.  You can also try re-positioning your speakers and adjust the toe-ins to see if it helps to tame the brightness abit.   

Offline cn9601

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2007, 15:36 »
Bro, I've used audioquest Type 4 (single run) before. In relative terms, its considered quite warm sounding, compared to a model of belden cable (not the 1313A) which I've used before.  Maybe bro hifiluv can help me recall the model of belden? as i have forgotten.  I've not tried a 1313A before, but I doubt it'll be warmer sounding that your audioquest type 4, if thats what you are looking for.  You can also try re-positioning your speakers and adjust the toe-ins to see if it helps to tame the brightness abit.   

Tks bro benzx. But yr post arrives 2hrs too late. Oredi got 15m x 1313A, 1.5m x 1695A, 3 pairs of cheap banana plug and 1 x Kharma Burn-In CD  ;D  Guess will be BZ tis evenin and over wkends  ;)

Previously, got bi-wired QED XT350 to audition. As much as I can HEAR, no diff to the current Audioquest Type 4, so $400 saved.

Abt the spk posn, tried a few posns oredi..... :'(   The High or Sharpness still present - but I must add that this brighness doesnt happen on all discs. Still I find the current stereo setup kinda little bit bright  8)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 15:37 by cn9601 »

Offline benzx

« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2007, 16:23 »
Tks bro benzx. But yr post arrives 2hrs too late. Oredi got 15m x 1313A, 1.5m x 1695A, 3 pairs of cheap banana plug and 1 x Kharma Burn-In CD  ;D  Guess will be BZ tis evenin and over wkends  ;)

Previously, got bi-wired QED XT350 to audition. As much as I can HEAR, no diff to the current Audioquest Type 4, so $400 saved.

Abt the spk posn, tried a few posns oredi..... :'(   The High or Sharpness still present - but I must add that this brighness doesnt happen on all discs. Still I find the current stereo setup kinda little bit bright  8)

As earlier posts mentioned, the 1313A doesn't costs an arm and leg, no harm trying out. Who knows it may really suit your system  :)
Where did you get the Kharma burn in disc from?

Offline Heng

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2007, 16:30 »

If 1313A can beat XT350, must let me know man!  :o :o

Offline cn9601

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2007, 17:13 »
Where did you get the Kharma burn in disc from?

The usual place - NDV@Adelphi - burn a pocket hole at $37. Actually Ernst tried selling also the other one XLR or whatnot Test Disc ard $34 (something like that). But I prefer tis Kharma cos all tracks are 'natural' instruments, with the hidden track 9 serves as Demagnetiser - sounds like just running tone from High-Low freq. Chk it out at:
http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=STSCD10002

Actually, I can always pick out from my CD library to run some instruments for burn-in. But I am just tooooo lazy to load/unload these discs. Now, with one disc (percussion, piano, organ, flute) can juz leave it to play, just like normal play of classical music mah  ;D

Offline Transworld

• ~Music is my life~
« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2007, 17:25 »
Maybe bro hifiluv can help me recall the model of belden? as i have forgotten. 

Are you refering to Belden 1860A, black/white spiraling together.

Check out my DIY pics here!

Transworld

Offline Transworld

• ~Music is my life~
« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2007, 17:27 »

But then, after replacing the 1313A you might also want to change the interconnects to Belden 1505A. It matches very well.  ;D

Transworld

Offline cn9601

« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2007, 17:33 »
But then, after replacing the 1313A you might also want to change the interconnects to Belden 1505A. It matches very well.  ;D

You and hifiluv MUST BE working for Belden or major shareholders. I smell consipracy in this post  ;) Hopefully tis Belden poison is well worth it - not the money (bcos its cheap compared to those 'ahem' brands), but the TIME and EFFORT that I must crawl and dig thru my display cabinets..... 8)

Offline Transworld

• ~Music is my life~
« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2007, 17:38 »
You and hifiluv MUST BE working for Belden or major shareholders. I smell consipracy in this post  ;) Hopefully tis Belden poison is well worth it - not the money (bcos its cheap compared to those 'ahem' brands), but the TIME and EFFORT that I must crawl and dig thru my display cabinets..... 8)

You are fully invited to my place for a listen, no gimicks. Listening is believing.  :)

Transworld

Offline hifiluv

« Reply #267 on: October 19, 2007, 18:05 »
If 1313A can beat XT350, must let me know man!  :o :o

i hv both, the XT350 is detailed but bright (even with tube amp), the 1313A is detailed but warm,  ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 18:14 by hifiluv »

Offline hifiluv

« Reply #268 on: October 19, 2007, 18:08 »

LOL.... if u read the start of this thread, blame it on the anticable who started it all.... ;D
as for being shareholder for Belden, how i wish.... then i don't hv to eat my food with sweat on my brow........ :P

ahem...i say again for $6/mtr, no harm to try lah...you may be plesantly surprise,  ;)
« Last Edit: October 19, 2007, 18:12 by hifiluv »

Offline hifiluv

« Reply #269 on: October 19, 2007, 18:20 »

Tks to Ben, its the Belden 8473, which i m still using for my centre,  :)