Author Topic: Looking for Center Speaker Stand  (Read 2469 times)

Offline pst

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Looking for Center Speaker Stand
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2005, 11:51 »
wahhh that is something that is quite suitable for my center speaker. Question: HOW HEAVY? omg i hope its not so heavy till need 2 pple to shift it as we have to move it everytime we want to watch DVD and shift it back to the side after watching. After i shift out of the house, my dad cannot do it himself.  :-\Will wait for your reply. Tks.

that's very troublesome, dun u think?

well... I can carry the stand by myself, but it's defnitely very heavy (even without the sand in it) but I can just manage to carry it by myself. but I'm not sure if your dad would be able to do it by himself - really depends on how fit he is... I'd say my dad who is 55 now and swims 3 times a week and can climb the great wall of china and ang kor wat on his holidays - can lift it... but he'd say I'mn crazy ifI tell him he has to do that every time he wants to watch a dvd... hahaha...

you may wish to come and see for yourself how heavy it is.

perhaps u shd use a roller chair ;D

pst

Offline MC_Hammer

• Money is my GOD , The Bank is my Church
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2005, 13:09 »
pst , help you post the speaker stand picture you are selling : 8)

Yes , very heavy even B4 filling sand !..after filling sand...no need to move liao ! 8) Too HEAVY ! ;D

Good buy !...collector's Item...one of the last piece of Art from Simon ! (He migrated to Shanghai liao !)

Can't find anybody in Singapore to made such good stands n racks anymore :(

« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 13:13 by MC_Hammer »
Money is my God , The Bank is my Church

Offline zapp

• This is poison forum...
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 16:51 »
How much does one piece cost :p

Offline pst

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2005, 17:41 »
 :o wah seh... am really very touched leh  :'(  :D all the XP brothers so kind to me... kekeke... the next think I know - Simon will drop in and state the specifics like the height and size of the base of the stand! hahaha...

you know MC_Hammer, I have never seen that picture before! even tho tew keeps insisting that there is that picture u posted last time... hahaha...

zapp, will check with tew and let u know how much we wanna price it. thanks - take it you're interested? :D

pst

Offline MC_Hammer

• Money is my GOD , The Bank is my Church
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2005, 18:12 »
:o wah seh... am really very touched leh  :'(  :D all the XP brothers so kind to me... kekeke... the next think I know - Simon will drop in and state the specifics like the height and size of the base of the stand! hahaha...

you know MC_Hammer, I have never seen that picture before! even tho tew keeps insisting that there is that picture u posted last time... hahaha...

zapp, will check with tew and let u know how much we wanna price it. thanks - take it you're interested? :D

pst

I guess being the rare species on this Forum has it's advantages ! 8)

Height I think should be 24 inches without spikes !

Actually , I was searching for the pictures in the forums but cannot find.....luckily they are still in the "Photbucket " album so I posted for you lor !

The picture was taken in my house when Simon first delivered to me  :D
Money is my God , The Bank is my Church

Offline zapp

• This is poison forum...
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2005, 18:48 »

pst
Interested is a yes BUT price and weight play impt part in my decision also...gonna check my height requirements.

Offline synthesis

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2005, 21:56 »
perhaps u shd use a roller chair ;D

pst

Like this...  ;)
Check your IKEA catalogue

Offline pst

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 09:22 »
Interested is a yes BUT price and weight play impt part in my decision also...gonna check my height requirements.

:D It's alright, understand. CFO has reverted, will IM u our askign price ;D MC_Hammer is right about the height - 24" without spikes. with spikes wld be another inch or so... but then I suppose you wun wanna install spikes as that wld scratch your flooring (whatever material it is!) if u keep wanting to drag the stand in and out.

actually... how come u dun wanna just leave the speaker (and its stand) there permanently?

I guess being the rare species on this Forum has it's advantages ! 8)

hehehe so honoured!!! ;D

Check your IKEA catalogue

hey yeah! the new catalog is out! Hey, (sorry zapp, OT a bit here), wld u guys know how to get on Ikea's mailing list so that they send their new catalogs to my new place? me only saw the new 2006 catalog coz they sent it to my parents' place...

pst

« Last Edit: September 07, 2005, 09:33 by pst »

Offline synthesis

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2005, 13:29 »
hey yeah! the new catalog is out! Hey, (sorry zapp, OT a bit here), wld u guys know how to get on Ikea's mailing list so that they send their new catalogs to my new place? me only saw the new 2006 catalog coz they sent it to my parents' place...

pst

From ikea sg faq website:
"2. How can I get a copy of the IKEA Catalogue?
In Singapore, the IKEA catalogue is distributed island-wide annually. If you did not receive this year's catalogue, stop by the IKEA store for a free copy."

Probably you can request by email  ;)

Offline benzx

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2005, 01:22 »
wahhh that is something that is quite suitable for my center speaker. Question: HOW HEAVY? omg i hope its not so heavy till need 2 pple to shift it as we have to move it everytime we want to watch DVD and shift it back to the side after watching. After i shift out of the house, my dad cannot do it himself.  :-\Will wait for your reply. Tks.

Can consider installing roller wheels (DIY store, Homefix). Like that easier to shift.  ;D