Author Topic: Anyone interested to test drive an "improved" model of the Skyworth DVD player  (Read 6958 times)

Offline Stevie Ng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Stevie Ng - Stewart Filmscreen Corp. Singapore
Dear All,

I currently have a modified version of the Skyworth DVD player called Matrix. This player is from my dealer in Thailand, which did some improvements to enhance the performance of the player.

I am looking for someone who is willing to test drive the unit and do a review on the forum. Preferable the person has a good display device and various DVD players to compare with and give their comments.

Any takers?

:)
Stevie Ng
Stewart Filmscreen Corp. (S) Pte Ltd
No. 53, Ubi Ave 1,
#01-43, Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Singapore 408934
Tel: 67470555
Fax: 67472221
Web: www.stewartfilm.com
Mobile: 96751434
Email: stevieng@stewartfilm.com.sg

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
I dun mind helping you...:)
I'm a reviewer myself. But if you wanna say do comparison...currently I only have the Shinco S8700 DVDP with progressive scan.

Most probably will use that as a yardstick for comparison. What do U reckon?
::)

duckling

I guess PSChia is another ideal person to do the review, if he dun mind.

BTW, Stevie, are you bring in more sets for sale? What will be the estimated price?

Offline Stevie Ng

• Stevie Ng - Stewart Filmscreen Corp. Singapore

I dun mind helping you...:)
I'm a reviewer myself. But if you wanna say do comparison...currently I only have the Shinco S8700 DVDP with progressive scan.

Most probably will use that as a yardstick for comparison. What do U reckon?
::)

Looks like we got two winners, desray and PSChia. I in fact have two sets of each but with a slight difference. One unit is Mark I and the other is Mark II. You guys can exchange unit at a later date.

I have invited my dealer in Thailand to the web site perhaps discuss with you guys the difference between the two and other DVD players as well. A power buy for the unit can perhaps be arranged.

I will have the players in my office so that you guys can pick it up. Need any cable to go along with the player? I can arrange some Extron Cables if needed.
Stevie Ng
Stewart Filmscreen Corp. (S) Pte Ltd
No. 53, Ubi Ave 1,
#01-43, Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Singapore 408934
Tel: 67470555
Fax: 67472221
Web: www.stewartfilm.com
Mobile: 96751434
Email: stevieng@stewartfilm.com.sg

Offline variablefeedback

• Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! (THX)
I second that ... PSChia.

BTW, Stevie, are you bring in more sets for sale? What will be the estimated price?
My Seller's Pledge:
1) I do not entertain buyer's remorse.
2) I will never sell any known faulty items on the internet without informing in the advert.

If buyer is uneasy about buying used items from the net, then buy a used one with some warranty life left or new one from the store.

I believe that it is unethical to sell something that is faulty (but seller do have their limitations) in any forum and claim that it is 100% OK because I am a buyer myself.

Offline Area51

• How HT should Sound

I second that ... PSChia.

Looking forward to Ur Revies PsChisa...

Area51

Offline limos

• INFECTIOUS SUBSTANCE
PSchia will be a good choice and maybe some other members can chip in to help out the reviews too.

May I suggest tiong kok brand Progressive-scan DVD Players - Skyworth DVD-1050P (and maybe 1050D?) and Ninatus PDVD-N9769 - for this shootout since only these 2 sets has DCDi™ including Progressive-scan RGB (VGA) Out?

And not forgetting Philips Q50 and DVD-962SA?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2002, 23:21 by Richard »
In Case of Damage or Leakage Immediately Notify Public Health Authority

Offline queks

• Global Moderator
  • XtremePlace.Com Forever!
    • XtremePlace
Stevie, check your IM
*** XtremePlace ! Don't leave home without it ! ***

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !
PS aka Progessive Scan Chia is the most appropriate member amongst the whole lot of us.

Thanks
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline pschia

• I love Cats !
Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Will be picking up a set from Stevie Ng later on for a test run.
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline sonic

• Yes Yes!!
Guys, if you need Pioneer 737 for comparison on the
NTSC PS, I can loan mine too.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
I think PSChia will be a better choice than me...coz he really knows his stuff very well as compared to me. I'm more into AV Amp...heheh...:P

I'm really amatuer in the DVD Player field. I think one person should be able to do a very good review on that.

:) Cheers!

duckling

I think PSChia will be a better choice than me...coz he really knows his stuff very well as compared to me. I'm more into AV Amp...heheh...:P

I'm really amatuer in the DVD Player field. I think one person should be able to do a very good review on that.

:) Cheers!

It's also good to have a second opinion. Maybe you can do another review after PSChia. Thx.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
As much as I would like to take up the challenge. I afriad I may not have the time to do a review these days...I have other personal comittments.

I think PSChia will do a good one. Thanx Duckling. Oh just curious why not you yourself do a review on it?
;D

duckling

As much as I would like to take up the challenge. I afriad I may not have the time to do a review these days...I have other personal comittments.

I think PSChia will do a good one. Thanx Duckling. Oh just curious why not you yourself do a review on it?
;D

I do review ppl will laugh...cos' I not up to it lah!! ;D

Anyway, as you know I am busy planning for my new Home Theater Setup...need to do it once and for all!!

Offline ework

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
I vote for PSChia & Norman !!!

Offline desray

• Global Moderator

;D

I do review ppl will laugh...cos' I not up to it lah!! ;D

Anyway, as you know I am busy planning for my new Home Theater Setup...need to do it once and for all!!

Serious or not...???!!!! That I have to see....hahaha...Oopss...U have'nt start yet!

Offline Norman_Chan

PSChia will be the correct guys .. he got Progressive Scan players from JVC , Philips , Shinco and Ninatus with both RPTV - Toshiba and 29" Panasonic TV ....

Offline Charcoal

Stevie

Do you know what are the mods ?

I'm sourcing my 2nd p. scan player, likely is Skyworth again.

Offline pschia

• I love Cats !

I vote for PSChia & Norman !!!

Norman is a good choice. Personally, I think he has the patience to carry out a far more in-depth review than I can and he can comment on the audio capability too. Anyway, Stevie Ng has got 2 sets; Matrix PDV-1250 Mark I and Mark II. I have collected the Mark II from him yesterday night and will compare its performance with those I have over the next few days and post some photos of the set for you guys to check out. Norman may like to take the other set from Stevie Ng for a test-run and give his comments on it.

By the way, since Area51 has got a Skyworth 1250P, maybe he would like to take the set later to see if the Matrix does indeed performs better after all the improvements done on it.
All things bright and beautiful
All creatures great and small
All things wise and wonderful
The Lord God made them all
Cecil Francis Alexander 1818-1895

Offline Norman_Chan

Sorry guy ... maybe only got time in June to test due to may need travel this week and next week.
Maybe Duckling can try the other set and maybe I try in June .... if can wait until that long ... ha ... ha ...