Author Topic: Anbody using Furutech GTO-D2 NCF Distributor?  (Read 431 times)

Offline ryder

• Trade Count: (0)
Anbody using Furutech GTO-D2 NCF Distributor?
« on: September 13, 2020, 09:19 »
Is anybody using the Furutech GTO-D2 NCF distributor and if yes, have you compared it with other equivalents? Would like to find out if it restricts clarity and dynamics if devices are plugged into it, especially amplifiers.

Another question is whether it is better running the components directly from wall outlet or have this distributor in between wall outlet and components with the assumption that the distributor will clean up all nasties, EMI and RFI thus enhancing the sound without affecting clarity and dynamics. The GTO-D2 NCF is said to be unfiltered and there are claims that it won't affect dynamics but I m not sure. Any advice appreciated.

Offline ryder

Re: Anbody using Furutech GTO-D2 NCF Distributor?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2020, 09:21 »
This is the device.

Offline jtsamarinda

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2020, 11:21 »
Is anybody using the Furutech GTO-D2 NCF distributor and if yes, have you compared it with other equivalents? Would like to find out if it restricts clarity and dynamics if devices are plugged into it, especially amplifiers.

Another question is whether it is better running the components directly from wall outlet or have this distributor in between wall outlet and components with the assumption that the distributor will clean up all nasties, EMI and RFI thus enhancing the sound without affecting clarity and dynamics. The GTO-D2 NCF is said to be unfiltered and there are claims that it won't affect dynamics but I m not sure. Any advice appreciated.

Many so call Audiophile think that it restrict  musical dynamics. First of all you have to understand the basic circuitry of the system. 1. Is the circuitry runs in line with the equipment?( In series with equipment). 2. Or runs  in line but ( with parallel connection devise) with the equipment?

If it's connect is 1. Yes it does restrict the flow of electrics to your devise to get rid of EMF and RFI. If it is connected as in 2. It does not restrict the flow of electric to your system. for dynamic.
To over come 1. is to have a devise which is built over size so it does not restrict the flow of electrics when your system demand higher current. Like in a power amplifier. So get a over size devise e.g instead of  2 amps but get one which is 20 amps.

I connect my equipment after the EMI/RFI, surge, over voltage  protector to clean of the dirt on my line and also after that a Balance output  isolation transformer. If you have every device oversize  you do not have any restriction on your demand for dynamic power.
So the question is do you want to get rid of Dirt on your power line or want musical dynamic on your system and listening to all the dirty as well.
IMO I would go for the removal of dirt on the line. Musical dynamics depend on your system basically the speakers can they produce well after amplification of source

From a Re-tired BBC Engineer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 11:32 by jtsamarinda »

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 21:32 »
This is the device.

lol, now thats a stubby looking 4socket power strip. NCF all round.
Dynaudio Confidence C2, Center, Contour SR, IC 17, Contour S1.4LE
Plinius CD101, Tautoro, SA103, Gold Note Valore Lite
Soundgenic, Yulong DA8-II
Denon AVC X8500H, Sony BDP X700, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700
finite elemente Pagode Master Reference MkII

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal