Author Topic: Suggestions for a used stereo/ 2 ch amp w HT bypass?  (Read 1742 times)

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
Re: Suggestions for a used stereo/ 2 ch amp w HT bypass?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 12:32 »
correct me if i'm wrong, i think you confused pre-amp out to rca line out...

Does oppo have the ability to control the volume output aka pre-amp out available on it? i believe most players have only rca line out

pre-amp out = volume adjustable output and rca line out = full volume output non-adjustable

My bad if it caused confusion.

Yes oppo has digital vol control within it.

Offline kinger

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 12:35 »
Dang. I think i forgot one thing! :(

His dual subs! If I use HT bypass amp or switch method, it will bypass his subs.

Is there any way I can include his subs for the music path (ie. Playing music via stereo amp) yet avoiding avr's circuit?

can speak to marantz? just saying.... ;D

Online wcseow

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2020, 20:50 »
Came across this. Another means to have 2 amps shared a set of speakers. But does not cater for ur sub.😁

https://www.amazon.com/TC-7220-Amplifier-Selector-Comparator-Crossover/dp/B00LNOAGZQ?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2020, 21:12 »
Came across this. Another means to have 2 amps shared a set of speakers. But does not cater for ur sub.😁

https://www.amazon.com/TC-7220-Amplifier-Selector-Comparator-Crossover/dp/B00LNOAGZQ?ref_=d6k_applink_bb_marketplace

Thankful bro.

For the sub, i think possible can use the rca switch. Cos the oppo has a sub preout.

Maybe avr sub preout and the oppo sub preout goes to the rca switch? Will this work? :)

Online wcseow

« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2020, 22:14 »
Thankful bro.

For the sub, i think possible can use the rca switch. Cos the oppo has a sub preout.

Maybe avr sub preout and the oppo sub preout goes to the rca switch? Will this work? :)

It should work but i guess you have to deal with the volume control as you would not want to change the gain settings on the sub itself.

Also not sure whether it will cause the sub to "groan" whenever it is switched assuming the sub is power on all the time.😁

Another thing to take note is the rca switch actually switch both leads (dual pole).

Sorry if I could not offer more. Lol

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal