Author Topic: Suggestions for a used stereo/ 2 ch amp w HT bypass?  (Read 1778 times)

Offline synthesis

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Suggestions for a used stereo/ 2 ch amp w HT bypass?
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 23:04 »
For movies :
Oppo hdmi out > avr hdmi input > for front LR channels, avr pre-out for front LR speakers > rca switch input B > rca switch output to stereo amp.
This one is no go, I think.
AVR pre out needs to go directly to power amp (HT bypass), not to other input with pre amp in the chain.

Offline kinger

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 23:24 »
Since 90% is music usage, sell the avr and change to 2.1 channel...still cater to the 10% movie with good bass?

Offline kinger

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2020, 23:30 »
Hello,

Good sharing kinger.

I did not go with HT pass. As I've different players. Example, playback from zidoo uhd2000, lyngdorf MP 50 and Nord Streamer. So the switcher is the best option for me.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Cool...so many players..nice

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2020, 23:35 »
First why need a 2 ch integrated amp with HT bypass ?

Second , is there or going to add in CD player or 2 ch source ?

Third , does the elderly know how to use it ?

To enjoy or to trouble .....
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline wcseow

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 00:06 »
I am not sure, but would connecting Oppo analogue output to one of Marantz analogue input achieved the same thing?.

Or he is not happy with Marantz sound for music?

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 09:45 »
Thanks for chipping in :) pls see replies below:

More clarity needed....

Will there be additional speakers or cd player added to the 2 channel integrated amp setup? [no additional speakers and no separate CD player. His front speaker is used for both HT and music duties. The only source is Oppo BD player.]

There are zone2 & front pre-outs from the AVR, why not add a power amp & leverage on the AVR pre-amp instead? [for music, we want to try to avoid going thru the AVR circuit as the AVR's components, DAC is usually not as good as the Oppo and the 2 channel amp. To miminise any conversion/additional path needed too]

I am not sure, but would connecting Oppo analogue output to one of Marantz analogue input achieved the same thing?. [See above reply on avoiding AVR as a path for music]

Or he is not happy with Marantz sound for music?

Second , is there or going to add in CD player or 2 ch source ? [no additional speakers and no separate CD player. His front speaker is used for both HT and music duties. The only source is Oppo BD player.][/color]
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:49 by sevenz »

Offline sevenz

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 09:52 »
Since 90% is music usage, sell the avr and change to 2.1 channel...still cater to the 10% movie with good bass?

Thanks for this. Very good suggestion. Maybe something to explore in future. :)

At the moment, he still want to keep the HT for his movie watching and have support via the AVR for the movie sound formats.

Offline sevenz

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 09:56 »
This one is no go, I think.
AVR pre out needs to go directly to power amp (HT bypass), not to other input with pre amp in the chain.

Thanks. Maybe I was not clear, it doens't go into the other input with pre-amp in the chain.

AVR preout (front speakers) goes to the 2nd pair of inputs of the RCA switch. Then, the RCA switch's RCA output is connected to the 2 channel amp's RCA input.

Hope this will work?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 10:01 by sevenz »

Offline kinger

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 10:56 »
Thanks. Maybe I was not clear, it doens't go into the other input with pre-amp in the chain.

AVR preout (front speakers) goes to the 2nd pair of inputs of the RCA switch. Then, the RCA switch's RCA output is connected to the 2 channel amp's RCA input.

Hope this will work?

Ask, does the oppo player output hdmi & rca line out simultaneously? If yes, connect hdmi to AVR and rca line out to int amp.

bottleneck is at speaker cabling end...speaker cable switch box is bad imho

cheers

Offline synthesis

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2020, 11:23 »
Then, the RCA switch's RCA output is connected to the 2 channel amp's RCA input.

Will the 2ch RCA input bypass the pre amp section of the stereo amp and directly goes to the power amp section? If yes then ok. If not and you still can control the volume from the stereo amp then you should not use this connection.

Offline synthesis

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2020, 11:27 »
bottleneck is at speaker cabling end...speaker cable switch box is bad imho

There are so many switches inside the equipment: input switch, power switch.... what different is with another one  :D

Offline sevenz

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2020, 11:43 »
Will the 2ch RCA input bypass the pre amp section of the stereo amp and directly goes to the power amp section? If yes then ok. If not and you still can control the volume from the stereo amp then you should not use this connection.

If I am not wrong, it depends if the stereo amp has a pre-amp section. If it's just a power amp, the pre-amp can be the Oppo?

Offline kinger

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2020, 12:11 »

There are so many switches inside the equipment: input switch, power switch.... what different is with another one  :D

for 2 channel, i based on less is more theory... ;D

Offline kinger

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2020, 12:27 »
If I am not wrong, it depends if the stereo amp has a pre-amp section. If it's just a power amp, the pre-amp can be the Oppo?

correct me if i'm wrong, i think you confused pre-amp out to rca line out...

Does oppo have the ability to control the volume output aka pre-amp out available on it? i believe most players have only rca line out

pre-amp out = volume adjustable output and rca line out = full volume output non-adjustable

Offline sevenz

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2020, 12:30 »
Dang. I think i forgot one thing! :(

His dual subs! If I use HT bypass amp or switch method to avoid avr path, it will bypass his subs.

Is there any way I can include his subs for the music path (ie. Playing music via stereo amp) yet avoiding avr's circuit?

Djblack and ronil - do u know if I can deploy a similar rca switch (separate switch) too to connect the subs for music listening with the oppo?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 13:06 by sevenz »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal