Author Topic: Restarting my hifi journey  (Read 5656 times)

Offline winwinc81

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Restarting my hifi journey
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2020, 23:56 »
Collected Nord...

Hi!! Thanks for dropping by to collect! :)

Offline kinger

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2020, 23:56 »
Zephyr11 bought the Nord with 9038 DAC hahahahaha.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Oic...bro fei is still contemplating at it... ;D

It was between bluesound node 2i and Nord connect pro v3 for me...pulled trigger on Nord as the price is much lower and it will connect to external dac so its internal chip is not the main consideration...

Maybe a fairer comparison is between Nord 9038 and node 2i.

Offline kinger

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2020, 00:01 »
Hi!! Thanks for dropping by to collect! :)

Thank you!

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2020, 00:39 »
Oic...bro fei is still contemplating at it... ;D

It was between bluesound node 2i and Nord connect pro v3 for me...pulled trigger on Nord as the price is much lower and it will connect to external dac so its internal chip is not the main consideration...

Maybe a fairer comparison is between Nord 9038 and node 2i.
Aha. Nice to know that. Surely I welcome @kinger @zephyr11 to have their thoughts towards Nord.

Honestly, sound is more towards personal taste.

Fei, did you have any DAC player currently? Maybe we can do an A and B demo. Between both of it. Atleast while comparing we can have honest thoughts on both of it.

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2020, 08:33 »
Zephyr11 bought the Nord with 9038 DAC hahahahaha.

yes! got one with inbuilt dac, this set has option to bypass dac in the future if required, great for me, as i wanted a AIO solution for now, and still be able to use it as a streamer later on if i get a dac.

i was looking for the auralic aeries mini, but it was discon, and the rest of the auralic stuff too expensive for me, was also looking at the bluesound node 2i, but thought the nord form factor works better in my setup (tiny and lack of space).

my plan was to get the ares II eventually, and use this as a streamer only, which will likely be the same setup as what you are doing now kinger, let me know how you like your current setup!

sidenote; i agree them speakers might be the weak link, but i'm sure slowly and surely you will be getting better stuff, end point is never the point, the journey is the point!

Offline kinger

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2020, 12:20 »
yes! got one with inbuilt dac, this set has option to bypass dac in the future if required, great for me, as i wanted a AIO solution for now, and still be able to use it as a streamer later on if i get a dac.

i was looking for the auralic aeries mini, but it was discon, and the rest of the auralic stuff too expensive for me, was also looking at the bluesound node 2i, but thought the nord form factor works better in my setup (tiny and lack of space).

my plan was to get the ares II eventually, and use this as a streamer only, which will likely be the same setup as what you are doing now kinger, let me know how you like your current setup!

sidenote; i agree them speakers might be the weak link, but i'm sure slowly and surely you will be getting better stuff, end point is never the point, the journey is the point!

great points shared bro Z....mai tu liao on the ares ii  ;D

I am putting on hold the ares II purchase as I am looking at the KECES S3/S125 combo. The S3 dac/preamp is running on ES9026 chip but unsure on the rca & xlr pre-out are outputting simultaneously so that I can connect the rca to my powered sub and xlr to the S125 pwr amp. The manual doesn't state so....am checking with KECES taiwan directly...

But my gut feeling is the ares ii is surely many steps up from the S3 dac and going the naim/ares ii way, the overall cost is about 20% higher than the KECES combo...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 13:29 by kinger »

Online synthesis

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2020, 13:42 »
please share back after you've heard the setup at anson audio!

I went there for a quick listen and I think there's something is not right with the setup. Either the speaker/seating placement or even possibly wire polarity mixed up but the imaging was not 'locked'. It was hooked up to ProAc speaker. Anyway one cannot tell whether the final sound is from the speaker, electronics, or the room. It's so much better at home out of the box. Come have a listen  :D

Offline kinger

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2020, 13:48 »

I went there for a quick listen and I think there's something is not right with the setup. Either the speaker/seating placement or even possibly wire polarity mixed up but the imaging was not 'locked'. It was hooked up to ProAc speaker. Anyway one cannot tell whether the final sound is from the speaker, electronics, or the room. It's so much better at home out of the box. Come have a listen  :D

Pls ensure 1m social distancing, safe entry and not more than 5pax are setup.... ;D

Offline kinger

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2020, 18:40 »
Prompt reply from KECES Audio...

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2020, 10:13 »

you mean you bought it already, and is this an open invite?  ;D

Offline zephyr11

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2020, 10:16 »
great points shared bro Z....mai tu liao on the ares ii  ;D

I am putting on hold the ares II purchase as I am looking at the KECES S3/S125 combo. The S3 dac/preamp is running on ES9026 chip but unsure on the rca & xlr pre-out are outputting simultaneously so that I can connect the rca to my powered sub and xlr to the S125 pwr amp. The manual doesn't state so....am checking with KECES taiwan directly...

But my gut feeling is the ares ii is surely many steps up from the S3 dac and going the naim/ares ii way, the overall cost is about 20% higher than the KECES combo...

i had the ares II in my system with a CCA awhile ago, thru the home loan set from Alvin in the Ares II thread. that was before the nord streamer came. quite like it and also a plus that there's dual coaxial in. 1 for my cd, and 1 for the streamer. but no rush la, 花钱的东西不用急.

Offline kinger

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2020, 10:24 »
i had the ares II in my system with a CCA awhile ago, thru the home loan set from Alvin in the Ares II thread. that was before the nord streamer came. quite like it and also a plus that there's dual coaxial in. 1 for my cd, and 1 for the streamer. but no rush la, 花钱的东西不用急.

Quite right at least use the Nord for a period of time and write us a review too  ;D

Offline kinger

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2020, 10:49 »
you mean you bought it already, and is this an open invite?  ;D

No doubt it sound like an invite but i like to know did bro S bought it at Anson even when the demo did not sound right??   ;D a daring move if so...

Online synthesis

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2020, 10:59 »
No doubt it sound like an invite but i like to know did bro S bought it at Anson even when the demo did not sound right??   ;D a daring move if so...
Have been waiting for few months you know.....
You too, come have a listen  :D

Offline kinger

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2020, 11:56 »
Have been waiting for few months you know.....
You too, come have a listen  :D

Thank you Sir for giving us the chance to have a listen to it and thank you for taking a chance on it  ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 14:37 by kinger »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal