Author Topic: Dirty electricity filter Greenwave  (Read 3136 times)

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
Re: Dirty electricity filter Greenwave
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2020, 20:58 »
 :o :o

I'm using bada too. Wow... That's one big surprise.

But the greenwave still yield a slightly better result and can use to stabilise the main power circuits running our HT if it's not connected to a power conditioner.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 21:13 by sevenz »

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2020, 21:04 »
:o :o

I'm using bada too. Thank God

Wow. That's is one big surprise.

No surprises bro, it’s the real deal , the EMI meter doesn’t lie, plug in 10x, the results shows 10x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2020, 21:35 »

Just to clarify, I get this result, regardless of whether the greenwave is plugged in to the Bada direct current socket, or directly to the wall socket, both instances results in the same emi reading

The reason I plug into the Bada direct current, is so that the rest of the sockets will benefit from clean electricity

It is then the question of how much dirty electricity is introduced from the Projector, and how much from the subwoofers, and all any other equipment connected into the Bada conditioner , every single equipment will generate some type of noise, even the trigger cable u use

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2020, 07:28 »
Here are the FAQ stuff

https://greenwavefilters.com/faqs/

A lot easier with FAQ

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 12:35 »

but do not plug it into the plixir, plug it onto the wall sockets or the dedicated sockets .

Referring to the above quote ,

Sorry there is some correction here, turns out the greenwave can be plugged into the plixir. Just received confirmation from sound affairs it can be plugged into plixir conditioner

One point to note though, is to be aware if it will affect the dynamics. This part I am not sure , until I test it

As far as my personal experience goes, I found very good benefits with PJ video noise reduced.

I have just plugged in to the plixir

Will be testing soon on amplifiers, purifi 1ET400

1 thing is for sure on my end, plugged in to TV area, PJ, source equipment area will benefit for sure with noise reduction

For now, I have not tested it with subwoofer locations ( separate line) and amplifier. Testing soon to see if I hear any difference

Super silky smooth picture quality, using the same reference video used recently, by black pink - Ice Cream music video , damn bloody good video and colours , can’t wait for the 4k version firmware update from Apple for ATV4K on youtube, still haven’t rolled out

I plugged this into the plixir BAC1200, with greenwave into the plixir BAC1200, then to the PJ. Fantastic video! Very smooth pictures observed. No horse run this one

Tonight or next few days I will try to see if I can hear any difference on sound with the greenwave directly into elite3000, where the amplifiers are connected

Done deal for power!

1. Plixir elite, Cube, BAC
2. Frank PE35 ground loop filter
3. Frank ultrabank 25000
4. Greenwave filter emi
5. Dedicated power line with Belden cables

The foundation is complete

The results , with full blast aircond turned on

This is the lowest it can ever go

Good stuff the greenwave , inexpensive

Dynamic range , first class

Online nfnc

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 13:41 »
looking forward to your impressions with the BAC3000

Wah, you still have available outlets on your BAC3000 .... I had to get another smaller unit for more outlets.

At some stage, waiting for you to try the Furutech NCF Clear Line AC Optimiser

www.furutech.com/2020/08/18/19962/

Online watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 13:59 »
There should be no effect on dynamics as the filter sits in parallel with the other loads.

The design appears to be similar to similar to some of the DIY designs available, including the Jon Risch AC filter. If you are interested, I can loan you a filter I made many years ago. The only word of warning I have is that my filter does not use appropriately safety rated capacitors or resistors. As long as you don't leave it in unattended it would be fine. It's made into a retardant plastic housing, so there is no real fire or safety risk to the user if it blows. I may have another version I made out of safe parts. As luck would have it, the non-rated version sounds a lot better. PM me if you are interested.

In order for these filters to be more effective, you can try them plugged in adjacent to noisy equipment around the house. Feel free to use an adapter - these things have got no polarity anyway.

Less is more !

Offline chainsdb

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • YNWA
Vivid Audio Giya G2,  Passlabs 350.5, Arc ref 6, hidiamond 8 sc/pc, LUMIN t2, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 IC, Audiomica Rhod Ref IC, Arcam CD23T, JVC DLA-X550R, Klipsch KL-650 THX, Marantz 7703, Classe CA-5200

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2020, 08:45 »
looking forward to your impressions with the BAC3000

Wah, you still have available outlets on your BAC3000 .... I had to get another smaller unit for more outlets.

At some stage, waiting for you to try the Furutech NCF Clear Line AC Optimiser

www.furutech.com/2020/08/18/19962/

Yea that’s the other one, I didn’t test this version. I tested other brand. Would be interesting to compare them.

Wow, then can have AC filter shoot out 🤣

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2020, 08:56 »
There should be no effect on dynamics as the filter sits in parallel with the other loads.

The design appears to be similar to similar to some of the DIY designs available, including the Jon Risch AC filter. If you are interested, I can loan you a filter I made many years ago. The only word of warning I have is that my filter does not use appropriately safety rated capacitors or resistors. As long as you don't leave it in unattended it would be fine. It's made into a retardant plastic housing, so there is no real fire or safety risk to the user if it blows. I may have another version I made out of safe parts. As luck would have it, the non-rated version sounds a lot better. PM me if you are interested.

In order for these filters to be more effective, you can try them plugged in adjacent to noisy equipment around the house. Feel free to use an adapter - these things have got no polarity anyway.

Interesting, honestly I’m not so well versed with electrical stuff. Just an end user comparing A & B. Noted your point on “dynamics” part. I will test it Soon. There appears to be a bleed resistor in the greenwave and there are 3x X2 capacitor in it with a total 25UF

For me personally, conclusion found is good. I place this at other areas, near fridge, 1 in common room, 1 in master bedroom , across the living room etc , targeted areas with high EMI readings

Would be interesting to compare your DIY version with it.

Online watchdog

• Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2020, 13:03 »
Interesting, honestly I’m not so well versed with electrical stuff. Just an end user comparing A & B. Noted your point on “dynamics” part. I will test it Soon. There appears to be a bleed resistor in the greenwave and there are 3x X2 capacitor in it with a total 25UF

For me personally, conclusion found is good. I place this at other areas, near fridge, 1 in common room, 1 in master bedroom , across the living room etc , targeted areas with high EMI readings

Would be interesting to compare your DIY version with it.

A bleed resistor is required across the L-N capacitor to safely discharge it when it is removed from the wall socket. In experiments, a mid size capacitor value of about 1-2 uF sounded best, although this is also dependent on the capacitor brand used. For the capacitors from L and N to Earth, Y-rated capacitors were used. Very small values were used as we noticed that the circuit breaker would trip if we used too many of them.

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/24275-ac-filtering-grounding-boxes-linear-psu-and-balanced-power/#comments

This link may be a good start to see some of these ideas.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 13:07 by watchdog »
Less is more !

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2020, 19:39 »
Nice information! Thank you very much for sharing. I’ll read up a bit to understand further

Cheers !

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2020, 22:55 »
Wow, to my surprise, the greenwave improves dynamics, the other way round... I thought it would take away the dynamics, but seems like background is darker. The instruments are much more pronounced,and the bass is much tighter.

There is improvement from my observations. I have tried the same song plug out plug in 4x.

Happy to confirm it is nice and goes along with plixir

Another member however, found no difference whatsoever in his test today. He said he tried hard to pick up the difference but found nothing is different with and without

I tried hard not to let my mind influence me. But i am still picking up the difference , it’s not minor , can be heard , quite obvious for me

This is the song I use, the first few seconds from the train and I could tell the difference

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1stWaHqnEJnIhWVZsxDmMVKJu7BYPdRW5/view?usp=sharing

Track 16 is what I’m using to test

Offline zephyr11

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2020, 10:12 »
thanks for sharing! sure looks like a good small investment!

some questions i have after reading;

- i have the same bada multi plug/ conditioner, but i use the "direct" for my power amp, if i plug this in, then my power amp can plug into the "filtered" side?
- in order to overcome the above problem, can i use 2 of that plug (from japanhome type) to "stack" so that i could possibly still use the "direct" plug?
- if i use 1 of this on the bada conditioner, it should sort out the whole set of 8 plugs right?
- if get the 2 prong version instead of the 3, will it not be easier to arrange it (so that you don't lose another plug)?  does it matter which direction you plug it?

sorry newbie in hifi/ht.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2020, 12:39 »
Plug the greenwave into “direct” of Bada, the rest of the sockets in that conditioner will benefit . As I’ve just discovered it doesn’t take away the dynamics in the process of cleaning dirty electricity

Avoid using 2 filters and stacked on the same conditioner, instead, plug the second filter at the location nearest the MCB or nearest your Hifi/HT Equipment , that is better

2 prong will work too. I haven’t tested 2 prong version in reverse polarity, so can’t comment on what it does there On efficiency, u will need to test it out

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal