Author Topic: How to check for bulk breakage  (Read 785 times)

Offline htng

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
How to check for bulk breakage
« on: June 20, 2020, 22:29 »
I am using the BenQ W2000 projector. Suddenly there is a loud pop and there is no light coming out from my projector. Do I have to dismantle to check whether the bulb is blown? Anything to take note? Thanks.

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: How to check for bulk breakage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 01:40 »
I am using the BenQ W2000 projector. Suddenly there is a loud pop and there is no light coming out from my projector. Do I have to dismantle to check whether the bulb is blown? Anything to take note? Thanks.

If you heard loud pop sound , 90% the bulb exploded , 10% is the lamp ballast.
1) can the set still lighted the standby light ? if so power it up by the remote.
2) if the led turn green and start flash , look out for the blink how many times before the temp or goto Red blinking , this indiicate power supply still working and ballast did not charge up the lamp.
3) cover yourself with mask before open up the lamp cover ( mercury + rare earth material are used in projection lamp ) and carful beco the quartz may break into pieces and all over inside the Lamp house ,so handle with care.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 03:38 by econav »
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline htng

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 07:23 »
1) Green led is still on and no blinking. The light source is totally gone
2) Led is solid green and not red

Is it common for the bulb to blow? Quite sian. Projector is more than 3 years old but the lamp is only about 3,000+ hours. Should I get the lamp replaced or changed another projector?

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 09:54 »
LOL.    I believe the lamp should lasts no more than 2,000 hours.

Look at it positively.   Once you changed the lamp, you will get a very good bright picture.

(Audio)

Offline htng

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 09:57 »
Do you think I should send the projector back to BenQ? Worth to repair?

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 10:01 »
Change the lamp.  I think econav can help.

(Audio)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 14:10 »
1) Green led is still on and no blinking. The light source is totally gone
2) Led is solid green and not red

Is it common for the bulb to blow? Quite sian. Projector is more than 3 years old but the lamp is only about 3,000+ hours. Should I get the lamp replaced or changed another projector?
That you can safe to say is just the lamp need to replace.
I still using a christie B32 for 18 year now , dont know how many lamp i hv change.
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal