Author Topic: Projector pink hue  (Read 686 times)

Offline zac110

• Trade Count: (+1)
Projector pink hue
« on: June 19, 2020, 22:48 »
hello everyone

my projector suddenly got a pink tinge over the entire screen now

https://imgur.com/a/S88XjWi

can anyone kindly advise why this is happening?
its a sony hw50es

many thanks

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Projector pink hue
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 23:14 »
You can chk and try .
1) unplug the HDMI cable to the projector and see what is the back ground colour .
2) press the menu key to bring up the setting menu , if also loss the green colour then good luck to you .
3) if the display menu look normal , then plug back the HDMI and chk the colour setting ( YCrCb ) does it change when you select a dif model , if it does means the setting was change and affected .
4) if your player hv a RCA video out can connect it to the video i/p to double chk and confirm is the pannel issue or colour setting issue on HDMI.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 23:16 by econav »
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline zac110

Re: Projector pink hue
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 23:32 »
You can chk and try .
1) unplug the HDMI cable to the projector and see what is the back ground colour .
2) press the menu key to bring up the setting menu , if also loss the green colour then good luck to you .
3) if the display menu look normal , then plug back the HDMI and chk the colour setting ( YCrCb ) does it change when you select a dif model , if it does means the setting was change and affected .
4) if your player hv a RCA video out can connect it to the video i/p to double chk and confirm is the pannel issue or colour setting issue on HDMI.

i tried unplugging and the background colour is pinkish also

« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 23:36 by zac110 »

Offline econav

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2020, 23:47 »
point nos 2 as i say.
AudioControl,Gallo acoustic, JVC, Ken Kreisel, Starke Sound, FocusView, Rose HiFi, Rythmik, Xgimi, Zidoo UHD2000

From time to time we may sell off New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new, we will dispose off the box.

All posts
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline zac110

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 23:52 »
is there anywhere or any way to repair it ?

Offline econav

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 23:54 »
is there anywhere or any way to repair it ?
of course Sony service center can replace the optical engine for you , but i don’t think the cost ........ anyone will pay for it.

All posts

Offline econav

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2020, 00:06 »
This one RED pannel issue

This one Blue pannel issue

All posts

Offline tsammyc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I think, therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2020, 15:20 »
Reset to defaults. Looks like a HDMI colorspace issue

Online alf

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Let your experience define your choice "View It"
    • www.entheos.com.sg
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2020, 15:41 »
Try to use another cable to test on the same port and the other port .
Cyrus Cine-Projection Screens will unleash the Visual Experince of your " Home Theatre"
      Optical Tech / Metal Fabricator NTC/ ( ISF Trained Dealer)
JVC projectors UHD  /Sony projector 4k .Optima UHD /Benq UHD .Cyrus cine projection , OPTI / Natural White , Phantom Grey / Black Mambo II / (New Titanium Grey & Black Crystal )  increase contrast in different ambient condition .JKP HD calibration disc  / UHD HDR ~10 calibaration disc

Offline zac110

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 00:17 »
thanks for all the replies and answers!

so now that it unfortunately has been confirmed to be faulty, anyone with experience replacing the sxrd panel in one of these?
i am thinking of attempting to repair this, would it be worth the effort?
seems like can find the panel on ebay easily enough. but the thing i am uncertain about is the replacement process, will it require some sort of alignment and calibration after that?

Offline econav

Projector pink hue
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 00:24 »
You can buy the panel , but  is impossible for free hand to do the replacement for one panel and get it align , but you can buy a set of 3 panel ( pre- align production parts )do a drop in replace .

If you want to try.....
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=166897.msg976003#msg976003
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 01:16 by econav »

All posts

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 12:48 »
thanks for all the replies and answers!

so now that it unfortunately has been confirmed to be faulty, anyone with experience replacing the sxrd panel in one of these?
i am thinking of attempting to repair this, would it be worth the effort?
seems like can find the panel on ebay easily enough. but the thing i am uncertain about is the replacement process, will it require some sort of alignment and calibration after that?
My advice...just get another projector if you can. May not be worth all the hassles of ordering from eBay and then getting someone to help with the installation etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal