Author Topic: Tubes amplifier repair  (Read 705 times)

Offline Zeng_tubesamp

• Trade Count: (0)
Tubes amplifier repair
« on: June 14, 2020, 14:56 »
Hi all friend I am back here to support tubes amplifier repair work .

Offline matty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • tubey day!!!
Re: Tubes amplifier repair
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 15:44 »
Earlier on I had sent in a tube pre amp to one of the local tech for repair. Though it was repaired but the tech was unable to resolve the hum and lack of high frequency issues. I ‘cold storage’ the amp for some time but recently I managed to dig out through xtremeplace Mr Chan’s contact. On this note, thank you XP for this wonderful forum on the wealth of information available for us.
I texted Mr Chan and arranged a date to meet up with him after the CB period. Within hours of meeting up, Mr Chan texted back on the repair cost (which was lower than what I paid for the earlier repair) asking whether I would like to proceed for the repair. Of cos I said OK, let’s do it.

It was completed in less than 5 days and now the preamp sounds good. No hum and all the highs are there. In todays’ use and discard age, it’s a blessing that Mr Chan with his decades of tube hifi repair experience is still out there helping local audiophiles with their problems. Best of all his charges are very reasonable.  ;)   

Offline Zeng_tubesamp

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 15:50 »
Thank you brother

Offline Desperado

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Don't Worry Be happy
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 20:22 »
A shout-out to Mr. Chan.
My vintage Audio Research Preamp no sound at left channel.
Delivered the preamp to him on Tuesday to fix and also request to service the preamp, and it was all done by Friday.
Invited also to listen to his DIY speakers and tube amp monoblocks, simple but very nice sounding.
Also learn from him on how to check tubes on the circuit, really enjoyful evening.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal