Author Topic: Virtual Home Visit to Sg Audiophile by Open Invitation courtesy of YOUTUBE  (Read 1984 times)

Offline titactoh

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • So Long As I Am Happy, Who Cares !

While looking for Chopin Nocturne I stumbled across a gem of a demonstration at the home of one of Sg top Audiophile. As a Forumner I have no knowledge on HIFI to contribute so I can only share what I feel Brothers in Music here would be curious. I am far from his league but the music he played like the Japanese song,  F.ayo Vivaldi I can identify with.

This is like a Virtual Invitation and I hope all who watch and listen will aspire to the Holy Grail. Destination is not important if not achieveable but Journey is what really counts in our enjoyment of this glorious hobby.

Home visit Francis, a really High End Audiophile in Singapore - Part I (五木ひろし)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpyDUk_46A8
Home visit Francis, a really High End Audiophile in Singapore - Part II (Felix Ayo, Vivaldi)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO_3aY6of8c&t=2s
Home visit Francis, a really High End Audiophile in Singapore - Part III (Beyond - 海闊天空)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6qnDyKBp0
So Long As I Am Happy, Who Cares !

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
Oh yes, have watched before. Mind blowing hifi! This top audiophile is a contributor here too  ;D
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Offline atx2

• Trade Count: (0)
Totally awesome system!👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Analog all the way...

Offline blue_starfish

• I am a hi-fi dinosaur as I love analog
This is the home of a bro here. Awesome sounding and awesome looking. Not to mention his many to-die-for LPs along the wall.

Offline titactoh

This is the home of a bro here. Awesome sounding and awesome looking. Not to mention his many to-die-for LPs along the wall.

Wonder if he is francishuang  ;D

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
francishuang has a bigger sound room with high ceiling, if I am not wrong.

(Really francishuang ah!?)

(Audio)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 01:04 by Audio »

Offline macrotrust

• Snr Member
Wow Bro FH, Congrat on your new toys excellent gears- change the tube in EMT JPS to CV4004 M8137 12AX7 ECC83 NOS Mullard UK Valve Tubes-excellent tube for vocal- much richer and fuller. more Mid. I bet u r using telefunken tube- good for dynamic range

Slightly on the bright side (esp the Beyond track)- too much Nordost power cord/interconnect/tonearm cable with Silver cable very transparent and clear- not enough warmth for long term listening leading to fatigue after a while. Wilson use Alinico driver-metallic?

Gear need to run in more i think. Good set up. Enjoy your music.

PS nothing to do with poor or good recording of ablum- it about presentation of music- up to owner preference. No right or wrong. Dont get me wrong. See the Boss of Modular Audio in the video. He must be a happy man. hehehe
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 08:32 by macrotrust »

Offline Chowbotak

Audiophile dilemma. If a system is too transparent and revealing, all the deficiencies in the recording will be exposed. So, tweak the system so the poorer recordings sound better but in the process, making the good recording less resolving? It's entirely up to the owner to do whatever that pleases himself the most

Offline headfiman

• Trade Count: (+11)
Wow! Thanks for sharing.

Offline Boxerfan88

• Life begins at 7000rpm
What is that "thing" at the left & right of the speakers?
The one that looks like ironing board...
Soekris dac1541 | DA&T A38  | Usher MD2+X616 | Orisun DD12 | Samsung PS50B850 | Elementa BAC 2500 |
Yammy RXA3030 | RPi4+LibreElec | BDP-S5100 | PC+foobar2000 | Chromecast

Offline titactoh

Dont know much about isolation devices and tweaks but just hazard a guess that they are Echo busters or some device to prevent interecne of sound with such a thing were not there.
Whole purpose of such thing is to reduce sound pollution by correcting the room layout I think.

Some experts can better put it.

Offline malsound

Audiophile dilemma. If a system is too transparent and revealing, all the deficiencies in the recording will be exposed. So, tweak the system so the poorer recordings sound better but in the process, making the good recording less resolving? It's entirely up to the owner to do whatever that pleases himself the most

I got an idea, some one can make a junction box to toggle between an audiophile and nor audiophile fuses just before entering the Preamp stage. So toggle to your delight, problem solved. ;D
why is it so dam  hard to obsoleted this turning pieces of equipment ?

https://youtu.be/y3RIHnK0_NE

https://youtu.be/FELbmXdS4xM

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
They should be the IPC Acoustic EQ.

What is that "thing" at the left & right of the speakers?
The one that looks like ironing board...
"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline pcking

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I'm just an audio/video enthusiast!
Not sure if my analogy is appropriate.

There is a gal A. Not so pretty in real life but with make up, looks much better.
There is another gal B. Very beautiful in real life but with make up, looks ok but without makeup looks much better.

So gal A is like a pop album with not so good recording.
Gal B is like Audiophile album with good recording.   :P

"The worse of the two is he who, when abused, retaliates. One who does not retaliate wins a battle hard to win."

Offline Chowbotak

Well, many top audiophiles can afford to get the best out of gal A and B, maybe C, D etc even ;D

Offline jigster

Anyone know what the song in the first vid is? By hiroshi itsuki?

Offline joamonte

• audiophile
Drooling, 膜拜中.....🙏😁

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal