Author Topic: quick question - is it easy to change wall outlet to USA outlet?  (Read 1251 times)

Offline chainsdb

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • YNWA
is the panel size the same? or is too much work and better to just change to a furutech UK wall outlet? thanks
Vivid Audio Giya G2,  Passlabs 350.5, Arc ref 6, hidiamond 8 sc/pc, LUMIN t2, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 IC, Audiomica Rhod Ref IC, Arcam CD23T, JVC DLA-X550R, Klipsch KL-650 THX, Marantz 7703, Classe CA-5200

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Unless ur apartment power distribution unit is set to take in 240v, output to sockets @ 120v, sure can! But there isn't such distribution units, right?

Offline chainsdb

• YNWA
sorry not looking to output to 120v - just to power distributor - otherwise bye bye everything haha
Vivid Audio Giya G2,  Passlabs 350.5, Arc ref 6, hidiamond 8 sc/pc, LUMIN t2, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 8 IC, Audiomica Rhod Ref IC, Arcam CD23T, JVC DLA-X550R, Klipsch KL-650 THX, Marantz 7703, Classe CA-5200

Online jonlee

Sine has US wall socket that fits our local size for ease of change.

Offline chainsdb

• YNWA
sine - fantastic!! maybe will go with that instead of the furutech or oyaide

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
They should be the same.  I just happen to replace the Sine US socket panel back to the original UK socket.

DANGER!!   Warning disclaimer!  You must trip your CB panel to off before attempting to replace the wall socket.  I am not responsible for your death or injury.

The SINE US wall socket, the NCE UK wall socket and the original replaced wall socket has the same screw mounting points and all interchangeable.

Back view of the wall sockets.

The wire are secured by screwing the grab screws.  The lines (red -live-L), black (black- neutral -N) and Ground Earth (yellow/green - Earth -ground symbol) can be found printed to the wire installation holes.

Your Furutech dealer will have the walll socket you need.

(Audio)

Offline chainsdb

• YNWA
u guys are the best - much appreciated for the help, thank you

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Koba have local plates and USA sockets for local use too - they have a few different ones. Sine is good if you can afford. Trip you in-house CB main switch and I would do the 2 at the PUB meter in the corridor if you are in HDB to be triple safe.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline jonchew

• http://www.jjbizwebsite.com
    • http://www.jjbizwebsite.com/cbsearch/search.php
They should be the same.  I just happen to replace the Sine US socket panel back to the original UK socket.

DANGER!!   Warning disclaimer!  You must trip your CB panel to off before attempting to replace the wall socket.  I am not responsible for your death or injury.

The SINE US wall socket, the NCE UK wall socket and the original replaced wall socket has the same screw mounting points and all interchangeable.

Back view of the wall sockets.

The wire are secured by screwing the grab screws.  The lines (red -live-L), black (black- neutral -N) and Ground Earth (yellow/green - Earth -ground symbol) can be found printed to the wire installation holes.

Your Furutech dealer will have the walll socket you need.

(Audio)

Hi Audio, can we get the NCE UK wall socket at neighbouring hardware shop? The NCE UK wall socket able to use for US plug PC ? Thanks.
Most of what we learn we learn from living

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Hi Audio, can we get the NCE UK wall socket at neighbouring hardware shop? The NCE UK wall socket able to use for US plug PC ? Thanks.

No, the NCE plug was not bought from neighborhood hardware shops, if I can recall, it was bought from Sim Lim Square.

The build quality is quite poor and is not Audiophile standard.  It was a spare and was used until I got the SINE panel.

But I believe if you want to buy similar models, you should head for Kelantan Lane, right in the middle of that row of hardware shops, there is a lady shopkeeper who seems to know EVERYTHING about electric lights, switches and sockets.   She would be able to help.  Located at Block 30, Kelantan Road.

(Audio)

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music

bro. the NCE universal socket i use before. NO you cannot plug in US plug type into it. the polarity will be reversed.
the last time i using this, i open up my US plug to swap the Live and neutral wires.
effectively the NCE socket is still local UK polarity. even if you can easily fit a US plug into it.
quality is poor as what bro audio mentioned. but good enough for early newbies who wants to learn and use US plug type power cords. at least still got a flimsy switch to on/off. 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 16:53 by DJQ »
ProJect Q.

Offline hanks9800

Where to buy these Sine US wall sockets and how much it cost? Thanks.

Offline fedorov

• I'm a llama!
Where to buy these Sine US wall sockets and how much it cost? Thanks.

Got mine from Audioline in Yishun. Price varies depending on material and number of sockets.

Offline Audio

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
If I am Steed, I would quickly post some fine Furutech models with pricing right now.

(Audio)

Online jonlee

Saw from another forum that the cheapest solution is to buy the 2-gang aluminum face plate from Koba in Chinatown, then buy any single US duplex receptacle.  U will end up like the Sine in Audio's picture.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 17:12 by jonlee »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal