Author Topic: WHERE TO BUY BABANA PLUG  (Read 4120 times)

Offline variablefeedback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! Boom! (THX)
WHERE TO BUY BABANA PLUG
« on: May 14, 2002, 09:51 »
Hi all,

I need to buy good quality banana plug (screw type) that can accept AWG 8 cables. NOT stub handscrew type but
pure screw type.
I am using the stub handscrew type now, i feel it is dangerous becos it is NOT insulated!!!!!

My reference is POMONA 5306 (S$5 each) from LHS. These are special becos they are meant for instrumentation
( ie. very stable temp.coeff. , low therma EMF, low resistance ) but they are too small.

My Seller's Pledge:
1) I do not entertain buyer's remorse.
2) I will never sell any known faulty items on the internet without informing in the advert.

If buyer is uneasy about buying used items from the net, then buy a used one with some warranty life left or new one from the store.

I believe that it is unethical to sell something that is faulty (but seller do have their limitations) in any forum and claim that it is 100% OK because I am a buyer myself.

Offline queks

• Global Moderator
  • XtremePlace.Com Forever!
    • XtremePlace
Re:WHERE TO BUY BABANA PLUG
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 20:38 »
How abt this :
http://www.xtremeplace.com/my_house/plug.jpg

pic updated. May take some time to download.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2002, 23:19 by queks »
*** XtremePlace ! Don't leave home without it ! ***

Offline variablefeedback

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2002, 20:55 »
hahaha .... where you got this, and how much?????

I am doing calibration, CONNECTIONS ARE MY LIFE!
GOOD CONNECTION IMHO:
1) HEAT-TREATED 1 PIECE BERYLLIUM COPPER GOLD PLATED (LOOKS DULLISH, NOT BRIGHT)

2) CRIMP, NOT SOLDERED, IF SOLDER, CONNECTOR MUST MEET (1) SPECS AND USING LOW THERMA-EMF SOLDER ( ABOUT S$400/ 14FT, AVAIBLE FROM ST ELECTRONICS IN AMK, BY GUILDLINE )

THIS IS EXTREME, BUT EXTREME AUDIO DEMANDS EXTREME PARTS AND ANTTENTION TO DETAILS.

In real life, no need so good, Pomona 5306 is enuff, but small gauge. Do a search on the internet lor. LHS selling S$5 /pc, US is US$2. This plug meets (1) and almost (2).

My Seller's Pledge:
2) I will never sell any known faulty items on the internet without informing in the advert.

If buyer is uneasy about buying used items from the net, then buy a used one with some warranty life left or new one from the store.

I believe that it is unethical to sell something that is faulty (but seller do have their limitations) in any forum and claim that it is 100% OK because I am a buyer myself.

Offline queks

• Global Moderator
    • XtremePlace
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2002, 21:19 »
I mention to you that day to take a look at KEC. They got another version with bigger wire inlet and locking ability. Anyway, i got mine cheap cheap because i bought 2 box (abt 40 pieces).

BTW, thks for your advice, i remove the sticker for shinco any the burning smell gone.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2002, 21:21 by queks »

Offline variablefeedback

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2002, 10:11 »
yah .... u bought cheap we know ... and normal price how har???  ;D
My Seller's Pledge:

Offline queks

• Global Moderator
    • XtremePlace
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2002, 20:21 »
I think you need to ask the shop to quote you. Because you're looking for a diff. plug. Mine is without locking and the rear is smaller. You're looking for bigger rear and with locking function one.  ;D

Offline Phil

• Global Moderator
  • HT addict
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2002, 10:01 »
Try farnel... they have quite a few model & e 1 I got can be used with "thick" cables.. not sure whether they suit ya standard thot.

Phil

Offline variablefeedback

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2002, 19:13 »
Thanks everyone ....

Farnell is good, a lot of my DIY projects I got from Farnell adn Sim LIm Tower.

I see what I can come out with and then share with you guys,      ok?

My Seller's Pledge:

Offline Phil

• Global Moderator
  • HT addict
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2002, 17:28 »
Heres a shot of that banana

duckling

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2002, 17:52 »
Phil, your picture is well taken. What DC are you using? ;D

Offline Phil

• Global Moderator
  • HT addict
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2002, 08:43 »

Phil, your picture is well taken. What DC are you using? ;D

Txs.. its a stock Canon Powershot G2 on macro mode & reduced flash.

Phil

Offline catking

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2002, 09:12 »
Hi variablefeedback,

Sorry for the late reply for the Babana Plug which I am using. Below are the picture of the Babana. It opening is about 5mm and it cost $4-5 for a piece. If you are intersted I will find out the address for you as I only know how to go there. The shop near to New Park Hotel.

Offline variablefeedback

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2002, 13:44 »
Yes, pls ... I would LOVE to have the address .... or shop also can.
I know that hotel surrounding very well as I buy my motorcycle
parts from a Motorcycle PART shop there.

btw, i cannot see your pic.

Hi variablefeedback,

Sorry for the late reply for the Babana Plug which I am using. Below are the picture of the Babana. It opening is about 5mm and it cost $4-5 for a piece. If you are intersted I will find out the address for you as I only know how to go there. The shop near to New Park Hotel.

My Seller's Pledge: