Author Topic: Journey resumes - Line source VS Point source  (Read 2663 times)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Journey resumes - Line source VS Point source
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2020, 19:18 »
wonder how the calibration works next?...

Yea that’s the part I’m working out now... have some leave

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 08:53 »
For the first time.... the Mrs said... nice ! Coming from the Mrs , hard to believe. She says, very neat job. the boy says, “ what ??? It’s awesome !” She immediately went and checked, how it was secured on the back wall, tried to shake it, rock solid !! Didn’t move an inch, nicely anchored to the back wall

Pass laaaaa

Seems like everyone got my virus at home, line source virus 🦠

Congrats synthesis, great Job! All of us love it!

Next Up , EQ and calibration to dial in the system , I’ll have a quick listen when I get the change tonight

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2020, 08:42 »
I had a chance to fire the system up yesterday to quickly check how it sounds. I couldn’t  proceed with my calibration as I am still awaiting for the arrival of my Purifi1ET400 monoblocks for the LCR, they have been delayed due to covid with transportation.will arrive but delayed for now.

So quickly powered on, set the exact same settings as the previous 2x 2 pairs, including the controls. 4 of my familiar midbass, book of Eli, true legend, flash point and unbroken, First impression

Plus point

1.) I am experiencing very good bass imaging, this tracks the online screen action. U know how you have your mains at left and right ? The image emanates from centre. The SMTs behind AT screen also plays a role, fantastic bass imaging

2) I’m experiencing height bass, tactile to the head. Kicking scene in true legend to the head is back ! Previously only possible with Ken Kreisel Kk12. Opening demo unbroken scenes, with all the planes whooshing past overhead, is something I have never experienced before, anywhere.... that good !

3) I could feel every bass texture n detail. I’ve been playing true legend for years now, 1001 times, never have I experienced spinning bass. There is one particular kungfu scene where he catches and spins the guy 360 degrees. In that instance, the bass movement was spinning together with guy. Like a twister effect hitting you. Again something I have never experienced

4) with a higher XO, the mains and surrounds come to live, very very defined with superb decay

5) bullet scenes from book of Eli is amazing, the pressure on the chest, wow! Combined with BEQ deep bass extension when the shotgun was used, is out of this world feeling

6) decoupling is a big success. Played the Atmos lead scene, the physchoacoustic bass steering is moving on chest level now, superb imaging. The floors and doors no longer resonate. For those who have demoed the leaf scene, this one now is several levels up, unbelievable . I see the 2 benefits now for the granite, first to isolate, second to position the subs slightly higher

The cons

1) disjointed gain levels between mains and subs. Lotsa work to be done on gain optimisation. Playing some music, the upper range bass was overwhelming. Looks like I’ll need to work on a house curve for this, with another separate profile specially for music

2) woofers sound stiff, not as smooth. I suppose it needs time to break in, I can hear the clear signature of bass not moving in phase as a result of woofers not run in. It doesn’t sound as smooth as the previous pair. Has got that less “bouncy” effect

3) other resonant frequencies exists now that was not there before, I Guess I’ll have to pull out REW to Re look at it. It sounds like a 30+ hz resonant frequency. Still haven’t recalibrated room perfect but this I believe can be solved

In conclusion, gain optimisation, house curve and room EQ needs to be worked on, ALL OVER AGAIN . Getting pairs to stack and play, doesn’t work . It needs re visiting , no shortcuts indeed

Online kennyluck2000

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 16:12 »
Finally up and running... Congrats  :)

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 16:48 »
Very nice ahh bro, the “tup tup tup “ sound no more d with the decoupling exercise

Can’t wait to set up the system, now I’m clearing leave but amplifiers stuck in Europe... Cham...

First thing it arrives need to sanitise, by right virus should be dead , if any. But better to be safe than sorry

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #35 on: Today at 10:05 »
Wahhh 1/2 time reporting, the amplifiers are in, 1st thing sanitise, arrived from Europe , Purifi 1ET400

The internals, damn good , see and zoom in , neat and tidy, good routing of cables by Apollon

Plug and play, first impression, caught me off guard was the quality of bass from the amplifier, immediately, instantly I can hear the tightening of the bass, damn good. Needless to say, once the bass is clean sounding, the smearing on upper frequencies no longer exists, the results are a clean sounding system with tight bass. It had the weight of the Class A monoblocks, but did better in terms of clarity, sound stage and tightening of bass. My first experience with amplifiers tightening up the bass, never experienced that on the emotiva Nor ati amplifiers and the ncore versions. I suppose it’s to do with the high damping factor. Not sure, but it sure as hell rocks !

If you have plans to build line array, may I suggest you look into the Purifi PTT6.5, these woofers, when paired with the purifi amplifiers 1ET400, are absolutely stunning TOP notch midbass . Speed, accuracy, tightening is already present on the purify amplifier

https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/reviews/purifi-ptt65-woofer-and-1et400a-amplifier-technology-review-r866/?fbclid=IwAR2FKIOQybX2BURPQFj-fMMydWa_wpRbqxe7VRlYHPJ0EnoapYtqW-eD4i4

Check it out, it’s worth it if u r into line source like me, definitely go this route. I would if I can rewind time

Quote from peter lyngdorf

“Thanks for all the positive comments. I have to say that the hard work was done by the team - their tenacity and dedication has been astonishing. BTW what impressed me the most was that this driver seems to uncompress music as if you just found a much better master of the same performance.”

Now I understand why... Here is a pic of the ptt6.5

They have extremely Low intermodulation distortion , from the guys behind Purifi directly

to lower distortion substantially - especially IMD. A normal half roll has a radiating area that modulated strongly with excursion. This surround eliminates this issue

by having symmetry in the geometry - both in going and outgoing sections

most surrounds are only out going or in going so unipolar - that favors motion in one direction

Unquote

This week running in the woofers still, still a bit stiff, using brown noise.

I’ll be sharing the steps here, on the EQ process, stay tuned. Very Long process, hope this will help everyone here