Author Topic: Is it okay to get a different model centre channel but same brand?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Is it okay to get a different model centre channel but same brand?
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2020, 12:37 »
I see....my LR is connected another integrated amp's (Home Theatre input) from my AVR's (pre-out) , the integrated amp was also connected to my 205 xlr out so i wanna listen to stereo i go select BAL from my amp....if i wan movies i will select (HE) let my AVR do it's job

May i ask what brand you using? is using a higher range centre than L/R sounds weird or it blends in nicely think i gonna go do some demo to decide.....buying a higher model centre i also scare i will change my L/R to match up my centre which is scary even though the pricing wise is not a huge gap......think is a trick to make you upgrade
Not able to do home trial for ur case? Brand new if can home trial will help I decide a lot better. For my case my center is a lot lower range of the same brand with my LR :(

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline petetherock

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Sidere Mens Eadem Mutato
    • My Music, Movie and Equipment Musings...
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2020, 15:04 »
The centre carries 80% of the load.. not the LCR
Try turning off your L and R and see then turn off the centre channel to see how it feels
So buy the best centre you can.
Sure there are other means but a good centre matters
TS you can come listen and find out why I use the biggest and best centre of the Dynaudio range
It really sounds better and you won’t regret it
Please post instead of sending a pm, so more can learn.

My gear:
https://peteswrite.blogspot.com/2020/02/my-setup-22020.html

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2020, 15:09 »
The centre carries 80% of the load.. not the LCR
Try turning off your L and R and see then turn off the centre channel to see how it feels
So buy the best centre you can.
Sure there are other means but a good centre matters
TS you can come listen and find out why I use the biggest and best centre of the Dynaudio range
It really sounds better and you won’t regret it
If I'm not wrong I think dynaudio uses similar materials for their speakers. So likely sonic signature might also be similar. Mine although diff range but all using kevlar so difference might not be too huge.. but Kanta is using Flax and Sopra using W cone (correct me if I'm wrong), sonic signature should be quite different

Offline Amon86

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2020, 15:29 »
I had found out that Sopra centre channel is using same tech as Electra just the look change to sopra only the Sopra speaker L/R range were design different from the Electra

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2020, 15:36 »
I had found out that Sopra centre channel is using same tech as Electra just the look change to sopra only the Sopra speaker L/R range were design different from the Electra
Electra also using W cone. Material also diff from your Kanta

Offline Amon86

« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2020, 15:40 »
Ya i know if is really Electra i will go for the kanta centre as Electra heard is lower range as compare to kanta as kanta is made to replace them the Electra's beryllium driver is not the updated version

Offline LWCM

« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2020, 13:36 »
I am using MA for HT.

My personal "theory" is if can only upgrade one, I choose Centre over LR. As centre is where most of the dialogue and other sound come from in HT. Just my own theory haha but I do get better dialogue after upgrading centre. But of course can upgrade all then upgrade all.

I see....my LR is connected another integrated amp's (Home Theatre input) from my AVR's (pre-out) , the integrated amp was also connected to my 205 xlr out so i wanna listen to stereo i go select BAL from my amp....if i wan movies i will select (HE) let my AVR do it's job

May i ask what brand you using? is using a higher range centre than L/R sounds weird or it blends in nicely think i gonna go do some demo to decide.....buying a higher model centre i also scare i will change my L/R to match up my centre which is scary even though the pricing wise is not a huge gap......think is a trick to make you upgrade

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2020, 13:45 »
My personal "theory" is if can only upgrade one, I choose Centre over LR. As centre is where most of the dialogue and other sound come from in HT.

Same here too.

If the OP's usage is majority music, then maybe prioritise LR over centre better.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2020, 13:19 »
progressively upgrade. of course there are some bros here using solely really good stereo setup with a big LED TV in front.
Dynaudio Confidence C2, Center, Contour SR, IC 17, Contour S1.4LE
Plinius CD101, Tautoro, SA103, Gold Note Valore Lite
Soundgenic, Yulong DA8-II
Denon AVC X8500H, Sony BDP X700, Optoma UHD65, Panasonic CX700
finite elemente Pagode Master Reference MkII

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal