Author Topic: Is it okay to get a different model centre channel but same brand?  (Read 2483 times)

Offline Amon86

• Trade Count: (0)
difficult to decide whether i should go for a focal kanta centre channel same as my L/R or a sopra centre channel price differences is few hundred...

Offline chaozhoi

difficult to decide whether i should go for a focal kanta centre channel same as my L/R or a sopra centre channel price differences is few hundred...
I am using diff range from same brand. Sounds ok to me although getting something in the same range is in the wishlist

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
It is no brainer to go for same series of the centre channel.

Offline Amon86

It is no brainer to go for same series of the centre channel.

I see....thought if few hundred dollars difference going for the higher range model will be better....sopra does came with extra mid driver below and using w cones than kanta's flax

Offline Amon86

I am using diff range from same brand. Sounds ok to me although getting something in the same range is in the wishlist

I see....ya i still using my old kef R as centre for movies is okay but thought will be better to change it to same brand so watching concerts will be better

Offline chaozhoi

I see....ya i still using my old kef R as centre for movies is okay but thought will be better to change it to same brand so watching concerts will be better
I will go for the sopra series if I am in ur shoes. Who knows if u decide to upgrade ur Kanta to Sopra or Utopia. And for me center channel and subwoofer are most impt for HT setup, ok for these 2 to outperform the rest.

Offline Tiktokape

I see....thought if few hundred dollars difference going for the higher range model will be better....sopra does came with extra mid driver below and using w cones than kanta's flax
It is the coherency and midrange from front speakers that one must take note, very noticeable when the speakers get more resolving.

Offline Tiktokape

I will go for the sopra series if I am in ur shoes. Who knows if u decide to upgrade ur Kanta to Sopra or Utopia. And for me center channel and subwoofer are most impt for HT setup, ok for these 2 to outperform the rest.

That is why I dont really suggest to one to go for hifi speakers and double up as HT speakers. The moment one has upgraded on LR speakers, the centre comes in mind.

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
haha. But imagine hifi L/R speakers double up as well for HT of the same series with matching Center... awesome right... Boom.  ;D
now if i can find back .......  ;D
ProJect Q.

Offline Tiktokape

haha. But imagine hifi L/R speakers double up as well for HT of the same series for Center... awesome... Boom.  ;D
now if i can find back .......  ;D
More money to be spent on driving the centre speaker  ;D ;D ;D

Offline DJQ

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PLINIUS The Heart Of Music
Re: Is it okay to get a different model centre channel but same brand?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 15:05 »
heheh, not everything happens overnight. part of the journey.  :) bit by bit... that's the fun part.
ProJect Q.

Offline Amon86

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 15:07 »
That is why I dont really suggest to one to go for hifi speakers and double up as HT speakers. The moment one has upgraded on LR speakers, the centre comes in mind.

Lol for stereo listening using XLR i love the kantas when it comes to concerts using 5.1 or 7.1....centre channel comes to my mind if my centre channel could match up with my fronts in terms of the resolving details, imagining and speed

Offline chaozhoi

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2020, 15:12 »
Lol for stereo listening using XLR i love the kantas when it comes to concerts using 5.1 or 7.1....centre channel comes to my mind if my centre channel could match up with my fronts in terms of the resolving details, imagining and speed
Sorry for side track. Does Kanta sounds bright? I find Utopia too bright after listening to some but read online that Kanta and Sopra actually sounds more laid back and less harsh.

Offline Amon86

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2020, 15:15 »
heheh, not everything happens overnight. part of the journey.  :) bit by bit... that's the fun part.

No wonder there's no end to this.....as my friend say to me.....what's your next move on your setup he ask me that day....hmmm maybe i change my centre channel to same model to match up? then he say once you got your centre might upgrade change your amp to a better one and using current amp to drive your centre.......wa jiatlat....

Offline Amon86

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2020, 15:20 »
Sorry for side track. Does Kanta sounds bright? I find Utopia too bright after listening to some but read online that Kanta and Sopra actually sounds more laid back and less harsh.

Is bright a lot brighter than my previous KEF R700, had a dynaudio sp40,PMC twenty5 21 also brighter than those....the kanta's bass is better i off my JL audio fathom sub my friend say quite impressive the bass than my previous KEF R700 those need sub to sound nice....anyways i love bright sounding....heard that the brightness may tone down after 300 hours
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 15:23 by Amon86 »