Author Topic: Desray Home Theater Demo & Sharing Sessions (2020)  (Read 1799 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Desray Home Theater Demo & Sharing Sessions (2020)
« on: January 03, 2020, 19:58 »
A new year, a new concept...I have gathered feedbacks from some of the members who had attended Audyssey Workshops and one of the most frequent suggestions ever to be brought up was to make it less "Audyssey-focused" since Home Theater is such a big topic altogether. Hence starting 2020, I've decided to change the concept a little and make it more generalized where I will be sharing some of the home theater setup tips from visuals like Projector to Speakers/Subwoofer setups and of course answering some of your Audyssey queries pertaining to calibrations and the know-hows like using the Audyssey MultEQ Editor App to create your custom house curve. Of course, if you are only interested to see or hear my setup just so you have an idea of how Dolby Atmos reflection speakers perform when compared to say an in-ceiling speakers or perhaps you just want to hear for yourselves how I manage to make my "square-room" layout (worse of the bunch) to work in my room via the use of Harman Room Mode Calculator etc...So to put things in perspective, members will be the ones driving the directions - i.e. topics of interest to discuss for each session, simply put, there is no agenda in mind, just pure sharing and demo.

Moving forward, I am prepared to set aside at least 1 session for each month starting in Jan till the end of the year. As usual, my session will usually be conducted in the afternoon from 1pm to 3pm on most Saturdays unless stated otherwise. As always the caveat is I can cancel any session anytime if I need personal things to attend to. But rest assured, you will be notified at least 2 hrs in advance. I can only accommodate 2 members (max) for each session. Those interested can pm me indicating the preferred slot that you wish to attend.

List of Sessions (in months)
- 5 Jan (Sun) from 10.30am to 12.30pm (completed)
- 18 Jan (Sat) (session cancelled)
- 19 Jan (Sun) from 1pm to 3pm (completed)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 21:17 by desray »

Offline LWCM

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Desray Home Theater Demo & Sharing Sessions (2020)
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2020, 11:44 »
Thanks for sharing. Can I book the session after CNY whenever it is?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2020, 09:25 »
Today's session (18 Jan) has been postponed. Bro Siju and kingajit, pls check your PM.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 22:46 »
I decided to open up a session tmr. I still have one slot avail. Time slot remains the same - i.e. from 1 - 3pm. Those interested can drop me a PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline chimaera1982

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Snr Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2020, 15:16 »
If there's any upcoming sessions let me know, keen to join.

Thanks!

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2020, 09:43 »
ALL SHARING SESSION HALTED!!!

Last Tues, we saw the first case of local transmission and every day goes by, more cases of coronavirus positive surfaces. As a precaution, I will not be hosting any more sharing sessions until the DORSCON level is back to "Yellow" (minimally). I bid everyone to do the same to safeguard not just yourself but your family members, especially those with infants, young children and the elderly at home.

All sharing sessions among members should be halted to prevent any possible spreading.

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 10:40 »
Good and wise decision. Unfortunately the authorities here still deem it ok to allow school to continue, civil svc, offices, mass gathering to carry on as usual when even countries with less cases are doing so
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2020, 08:50 »
Definitely wise to halt it for now till the situation improves , good decision

👍🏻

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal