Author Topic: Audyssey House Curve Revisited...  (Read 14650 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Audyssey House Curve Revisited...
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2020, 16:08 »
So you turn off the DEQ and add-in the House Curve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Only if you apply the house curve otherwise I will advise to turn in DEQ to get Audyssey to dynamically boost the sub bass region (20Hz - 60hz) whenever a movie is being played. The choice is up to individual taste. It doesn’t mean DEQ is bad.

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2020, 16:17 »
Yep. Only if you apply the house curve otherwise I will advise to turn in DEQ to get Audyssey to dynamically boost the sub bass region (20Hz - 60hz) whenever a movie is being played. The choice is up to individual taste. It doesn’t mean DEQ is bad.

Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 16:18 »
Yes, I am aware of that. Thanks.

:)

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2020, 11:56 »
Thanks Roni for sharing...and yes, I find +6db to be the "sweet-spot". Tried +8db that indeed gave me more rumble but I have my bass shakers to take care of the tactile effects for below 20Hz.

+6 is nice, I find it nice too, enjoy ! +8 is the fav so far from the polls, but +6 not too far behind

Offline Paradox

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2020, 00:07 »
Thank you desray for taking the time to write up all these guides on Audyssey. I set this up yesterday and I was blown away by the results. Being a very mid-bass oriented person, I must say your tutorial is a must-do for all owners of an Audyssey receiver.

I started with a +4db, but went down to +3db and now am settled at +2db. Even that little +2db makes a such a difference to me. It could be that I have just installed bass shakers so the +2db affects both the bass shaker and the oomph from the sub. I am also wondering why+2db had such a big difference to me and the only other reason I could think of is the antimode for my subs where the calibraiton has lifted both my 25hz and 35hz range, so maybe there's some sort of added effect. 

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2020, 11:36 »
Thank you desray for taking the time to write up all these guides on Audyssey. I set this up yesterday and I was blown away by the results. Being a very mid-bass oriented person, I must say your tutorial is a must-do for all owners of an Audyssey receiver.

I started with a +4db, but went down to +3db and now am settled at +2db. Even that little +2db makes a such a difference to me. It could be that I have just installed bass shakers so the +2db affects both the bass shaker and the oomph from the sub. I am also wondering why+2db had such a big difference to me and the only other reason I could think of is the antimode for my subs where the calibraiton has lifted both my 25hz and 35hz range, so maybe there's some sort of added effect. 

Thanks. Glad that it helped you in some ways.

:)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2020, 14:52 »
Another AVSForum member that goes by the moniker (LaserCuruGuy) did some refinement work to the codes and added a reference curve to the Ratbudyssey app. Those interested can download the newer version (with some bugs fixed) here: https://github.com/LaserGuruGuy/ratbuddyssey/releases/tag/0.3.0.3

Cheers!~

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #67 on: May 09, 2020, 15:53 »
I am also wondering why+2db had such a big difference to me and the only other reason I could think of is the antimode for my subs where the calibraiton has lifted both my 25hz and 35hz range, so maybe there's some sort of added effect.

Glad u are liking the house curve. Great!

the +2db - did u do it using audyssey app? Or using the antimode lift function? Which antimode are u using

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal