Author Topic: Audyssey House Curve Revisited...  (Read 3945 times)

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Audyssey House Curve Revisited...
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2020, 15:42 »
So that is to say the Audyssey app with house curve DOES compliment with miniDSP in your case? If so, that’s great news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it does at least for me. You can tweak the subs before you run Audyssey which I did for my case. I know there are some people who will run Audyessy and then use the miniDsp to fine-tune the subs.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Audyssey House Curve Revisited...
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2020, 15:43 »
I will like to clarify that With DEQ engages, one can still achieve very good sound and bass response except for the lower frequency region where most of us feel Audyssey EQ have overdone it, meaning flatten from 10Hz to 22KHz. If your room has a particular “room gain” to take advantage, you can try this method (No DEQ but built your own house curve) to see if it works for you, otherwise use DEQ for better sound overall.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Audyssey House Curve Revisited...
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 15:48 »
Yes, it does at least for me. You can tweak the subs before you run Audyssey which I did for my case. I know there are some people who will run Audyessy and then use the miniDsp to fine-tune the subs.

Not true, what you did is correct and I will do the same as well. You can use either a REW with Umik1 or miniDSP to measure the non Audyssey EQ frequency response for your subwoofers to get a good sense of where to place the subwoofers  to avoid standing waves or null position. Once that is done, then proceed to do Audyssey calibration. This will definitely take the guess work out of the equation even BEFORE you commence your Audyssey calibration.