Author Topic: Nord Acoustics Products  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
Re: Nord Acoustics Products
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 12:26 »
Congrats. Will price be lower thru the mass order?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Ditto. Else it will be better to order directly than via MO. The key intent to achieve savings due to bulk order and shipping fees at current FX rate because GST is inevitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline winwinc81

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 12:31 »
Ditto. Else it will be better to order directly than via MO. The key intent to achieve savings due to bulk order and shipping fees at current FX rate because GST is inevitable.

I will agree to this, shipping and GST is always the killer.

Not to forget, on the contrary, good thing is local presence support and warranty as well. We gain some we lose some for sure.

Plus we are talking about revision board scalability for Nord. This is the interesting part about such amp.

Offline matty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • tubey day!!!
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 12:34 »
Yeah. We r not kiam ka na and would appreciate some savings here and there thru the mass order. Thanks! :D

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 12:43 »
Actually shipping should not be as bad. It’s approx 10kg, I paid euro130 for shipping the Apollon / piece, direct to door step . Usd 250 for shipping emotiva monoblocks ,40kg ! That was back then using peter Seow shipping service, was the cheapest alternative back then.

But don’t be fooled by the weight, the <10kg amplifier from Apollon sounds miles ahead better than the 40kg amplifier from emotiva

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 12:44 »
Yeah. We r not kiam ka na and would appreciate some savings here and there thru the mass order. Thanks! :D

Lol we trust the eyesight and merticulous ears of all XP Bros here

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 13:09 »
Dj, win,

What’s your experience between the two OP amps, sparkos vs sonic imagery on offer?

What are the differences between the two?

Can share your feedback ? The one we heard was using sonic imagery

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 13:30 »
Dj, win,

What’s your experience between the two OP amps, sparkos vs sonic imagery on offer?

What are the differences between the two?

Can share your feedback ? The one we heard was using sonic imagery

Hmmm this is really subjective to ears of individual. Ok for my 2 cents opinion.

Sonic
Airy and crispy, the lower freq attack and sustain the bass notes better. It's geared slightly toward more HT movies.

Sparko
A little warm, excellent for music, esp jazz, vocals... For a music person, sparko will shine better than Sonic.

Either way comparing to traditional power amp, there is tremendous improvement in bass, tonal and soundstage, get to hear more details and overall balance.. very rich in sound depth,texture, dynamics. It's like feeling you have re own a new pair of speakers.

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 14:00 »
Here is what I heard from the Apollon designer / seller back then before we bought the Apollon , just sharing in case anyone wants to know, coming from Tibor

Sparkos -->LISTENING IMPRESSION AND SOUND CHARACTERISTICS
The SS3602 discrete op amps will outperform virtually all audio grade monolithic IC op amps in open loop gain, noise performance, output current, and magnitude of class A bias current. With comparison to the 994ENH Ticha disrecete op amp they are more soft, richer sounding and warm. They are your perfect choice if you would like to just sit back, relax and enjoy the music as everything just sounds so pleasing with the Sparkos SS3602 op amp. If your current sound system lacks a spark of liveliness the Sparkos SS3602 is and ideal choice to bring a bit of warmth into your system.

*Sonic Imagery -->*The Sonic Imagery 994Enh-Ticha is a dual high performance discrete operational amplifier designed for professional audio applications and areas where ultra-low noise, low distortion and highly linear uncoloured performance is required. It is a perfect choice if you have the professional need to analyse music or just like to explore the finer details. It will enable you to hear things like “oh the engineer eq’ed the piano too much or he over compressed the vocals” because they are very linear and analytical. It will make it possible to hear all the flaws in the mixes in a second.

What was mentioned by Apollon to us was that sonic has smoother and balanced sounding compared to sparkos that is more mid forward and a bit bass shy, doesn’t sound as smooth as sonic

He emphasised and strongly recommended to us to go with sonic

So I thought for HT use, the sparkos would be a better choice...

These were all text and words, not actual listening

Offline escutcheon

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 14:22 »
I have the Nord One Up SE DM.

I have to say, it was a leap of faith when I ordered it from Nord Acoustic. There was nowhere, no one that I could listen to this amplifier. All the difference between the Sonic Imagery and Sparko are just words that I read.

Luckily this amplifier sounds really damn good. I was replacing a DIY nc400 dual mono with this. A mere 100 watt difference on paper is so much more in reality.

Since then, I had replaced the rev.C with SI op amps input buffers with the rev.D, also with SI op amps. It would have been so much better if I could have a listening comparison between the Sonic Imagery and Sparko. *hint hint to dealer

Being adventurous is taking big risks, no matter how calculated it is. A local dealer mitigate the risk a lot.

Looking forward to listening up the Nord range of products. From the nc1200 to their new TVC preamplifier and also streamer.

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 14:32 »
I have the Nord One Up SE DM.

I have to say, it was a leap of faith when I ordered it from Nord Acoustic. There was nowhere, no one that I could listen to this amplifier. All the difference between the Sonic Imagery and Sparko are just words that I read.

Luckily this amplifier sounds really damn good. I was replacing a DIY nc400 dual mono with this. A mere 100 watt difference on paper is so much more in reality.

Since then, I had replaced the rev.C with SI op amps input buffers with the rev.D, also with SI op amps. It would have been so much better if I could have a listening comparison between the Sonic Imagery and Sparko. *hint hint to dealer

Being adventurous is taking big risks, no matter how calculated it is. A local dealer mitigate the risk a lot.

Looking forward to listening up the Nord range of products. From the nc1200 to their new TVC preamplifier and also streamer.
Hello escutcheon,

Thanks for the elaboration. Glad to see another member using Nord.

I'm really excited for my 8ch to arrive. Well it does not have any SI or Sparko. But the thrill of it sounds fun.

We will take your hints into consideration Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 14:40 »
Hello Gondon72,

Do you like the amp? Able to share your views on it. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yes, i like the amp.  I don't have a golden ears, so to me they dont sound bad to me. It all sounds "right" to me on this amp.  Mine is the version that is using the old chassis.  only thing that i complain of is the on/off switch infront that would stuck there when trying to power off it.  The seller is very helpful and send a new switch to me just that i am lazy to re-solder it at the moment. :)

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 18:10 »
Wow! Very nice to see Nord users emerging all of sudden! Any more out there fall in please?

Offline ronildoq

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2019, 14:39 »
Zoom zoom preview on the Hypex based NC1200

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/95_Bm8O4gTE&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/95_Bm8O4gTE&fs=1</a>