Author Topic: Nord Acoustics Products  (Read 9774 times)

Offline Djblackfm

• Trade Count: (0)
Nord Acoustics Products
« on: August 15, 2019, 09:25 »
Hi all,

I guess no one is using Nord products yet. So I've decided to create this & we can share information on this.

I've purchased the 8ch amp with the configuration as shown. My current power amp I'm using is Emotiva Gen 2 XPA 5. So coming from an Class A/B to Class D amp.

I will do some snap shots once the amp has arrived. Internal & external of it. As of now this are from their website.

If you all heard about Apollon brand as much. It's has almost the same components on this. The difference the caught my eyes on physical are the Rev Board, cable management & upgraded components (speaker terminals). I believe its using their own Rev Board brand(Rev C & D on Nord)

I've listened to bros (NGSK & Ronildoq) with the Apollon products. It sounded very nice & acoustically musical or probably I could say Marantz power amp but with steroid.

Anw Ovation United is the official dealer for Nord Acoustics. We will be opening a one time MO for this products. For anyone who is keen to get this. I would highly suggest to wait & let us bring some good news to you. We will be doing this MO strictly for Xtremeplace. (So keep your eyes on the MO thread in late September )

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline Gondon72

• I'm a llama!
Re: Nord Acoustics Products
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 11:22 »

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 12:09 »
I am using the 2 channel Amp

https://hifipig.com/nord-one-up-nc500-dmst-power-amplifier/
Hello Gondon72,

Do you like the amp? Able to share your views on it. Thank you.

If we don't share or exchange knowledge we won't grow & understand. Be more open, Share & Learn.

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 13:49 »
YouTube video on Nord NC500DM MkII Power Amp

https://youtu.be/buv22z4NRTA

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 18:32 »
This is more interesting!

https://hifipig.com/nord-three-se-purifi-1et400a-power-amplifiers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 22:02 »
This is more interesting!

https://hifipig.com/nord-three-se-purifi-1et400a-power-amplifiers

Yes this is the latest board. Hopefully there willbe some left for pre orders. Finger crossed!

Specs linked below
https://www.purifi-audio.com/eigentakt/

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 23:21 »
Yes this is the latest board. Hopefully there willbe some left for pre orders. Finger crossed!

Specs linked below
https://www.purifi-audio.com/eigentakt/
Yeah, should be able to order now.

Main page
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/purifi1et400aamplifiers

Nord Three SE 1ET400 MKII Mono Block Single
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-three-se-1et400-mkii-mono-block-single

Nord Three SE 1ET400A Dual Mono Stereo Amp
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-three-se-1et400a-dual-mono-stereo-amp

Nord Three 1ET400A 3 Channel Amplifier
https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/product-page/nord-three-1et400a-3-channel
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 23:24 by Tiktokape »

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 08:36 »
Congrats win and dj for securing dealership on this Nord and providing local sales

One of the reasons I’m selling the emotiva xpa-1 monoblocks, is to upgrade to the Apollon hypex based monoblocks with sparkos or sonic imagery OP amps. Good stuff indeed. I’m sure NORD is solid stuff, they look identical although I haven’t had the chance to listen to it, but with the tech advancement, it’s very clear these units have an edge, impressive SNR numbers

We did a comparison few months ago, Apollon monoblocks hypex Ncore nc500 SLM800  vs emotiva monoblocks Class AB. The quality and class between the two was highly evident, almost instantaneously all 4 of us could tell the difference , clarity was very good, highs extended and very good bass, lotsa weight and authority coming from a class D amp. The stage felt wider, all of us loved it.

The good about this is the price! Again at that price point, it was a no brainer for the monoblocks.I’m still sitting with the emotiva as I haven’t sold it. I wouldn’t hesitate to get it Once the emo is sold

This NORD is definitely worth checking out , that’s my honest opinion

Enjoy the good sound !

Offline matty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • tubey day!!!
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 10:31 »
Congrats. Will price be lower thru the mass order?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 10:38 »
Congrats. Will price be lower thru the mass order?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Hi matty,

We are having talks with Nord boss (Colin). We are trying to come out with something. Nevertheless once my 8ch amp delivered to me. I will definitely do some demo for you guys in Xtremeplace before I start doing up the MO.

The Monoblock Amps are totally different level from the 8ch power amplifier.

Offline Djblackfm

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 10:42 »
Congrats win and dj for securing dealership on this Nord and providing local sales

One of the reasons I’m selling the emotiva xpa-1 monoblocks, is to upgrade to the Apollon hypex based monoblocks with sparkos or sonic imagery OP amps. Good stuff indeed. I’m sure NORD is solid stuff, they look identical although I haven’t had the chance to listen to it, but with the tech advancement, it’s very clear these units have an edge, impressive SNR numbers

We did a comparison few months ago, Apollon monoblocks hypex Ncore nc500 SLM800  vs emotiva monoblocks Class AB. The quality and class between the two was highly evident, almost instantaneously all 4 of us could tell the difference , clarity was very good, highs extended and very good bass, lotsa weight and authority coming from a class D amp. The stage felt wider, all of us loved it.

The good about this is the price! Again at that price point, it was a no brainer for the monoblocks.I’m still sitting with the emotiva as I haven’t sold it. I wouldn’t hesitate to get it Once the emo is sold

Enjoy the good sound !
Thank you bro. Love your detail explaination.

Offline keano

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 11:20 »
Will the Nord be an improvement over the parasound?
AVR    : Anthem MRX1120
Fronts : Usher Mini One | Usher DMD BE-616
Surr    : Anthony Gallo A'Diva SE
Atmos : Anthony Gallo Micro SE
Subs   : Dual JL Audio E112
Amps  : Parasound A23 | A52
PJ       : Epson TW6700
Source: Sony X700 | Oppo 105

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 11:30 »
Will the Nord be an improvement over the parasound?

I believe so. We tested against parasound and the ati525, clear winner by the Apollon amplifier using these hypex modules. The ati525 also uses hypex ncore502

I believe we should see instant discount , looking at how pound sterling is depreciating in value

It’s like 5% off it’s value ! Maybe not a bad idea. But as mentioned, We haven’t heard the NORD, so can’t comment on that one

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 11:56 »

Enjoy the good sound !
Thanks bro. Always love the details! Much appreciated!

Offline winwinc81

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 12:00 »

I believe so. We tested against parasound and the ati525, clear winner by the Apollon amplifier using these hypex modules. The ati525 also uses hypex ncore502

I believe we should see instant discount , looking at how pound sterling is depreciating in value

It’s like 5% off it’s value ! Maybe not a bad idea. But as mentioned, We haven’t heard the NORD, so can’t comment on that one

I agree with this.

The hypex and ncores will be the same. The difference in Apollon vs Nord will be their revision boards. Of course the price difference as well.

There is an instant feel, depth, wideness in sound that's for sure. Listening to pure direct without the EQs is a totally different experience.