Author Topic: AudioControl product  (Read 4729 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: AudioControl product
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 18:40 »
As per this polish review, it's class A/B.  Only 850 class G.

"Power amplifiers
Arcam successively introduces power amplifiers in class G into their devices. Their most tangible advantage is their high efficiency (compared to the most common A / B class designs). However, in the new range of receivers this solution was used only in AVR850. In 550, amplifiers with traditional (which does not mean that bad) constructions were placed - in class A / B. That is why designers are not surprised by the efficient cooling"

https://audio.com.pl/testy/kino-domowe/amplitunery-av/2671-arcam-avr550

Arcam did not publish the class for 390 and 550 but states class G is only available for 850.

Thanks for the info.
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 15:46 »
I think that is why cost so much more for the 850 , but even then the 550 still out perform some jap high end AVR I believe...

I hooked up the AVR550 to drive some B&W 800D3 series speakers - CMI but i guess did better than the Jap AVRs. :D (I already used 2xmonos for the front LR 803D3 so the AVR550 only had to handle Atmos + HTM1D3 + 805D3. But these drop to 4ohm impedance.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline econav

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 18:00 »
I hooked up the AVR550 to drive some B&W 800D3 series speakers - CMI but i guess did better than the Jap AVRs. :D (I already used 2xmonos for the front LR 803D3 so the AVR550 only had to handle Atmos + HTM1D3 + 805D3. But these drop to 4ohm impedance.
that is good to know , will see if we can get hold of this B&W to test on the AudioControl AVR7 and see how it will held up
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline ralfale

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2019, 10:09 »

Offline econav

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 12:11 »
Many asked for the pricing and when is ready for sales, As we are not allow to indicate price on this discussion thread, pls chk the link below.

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=288533.msg1317157#msg1317157
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2019, 22:07 »
Here you go the setup to demo the M5/9 processor

IMAX mode

Atmos mode

4k 10bits

all post

Offline econav

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2019, 22:11 »

1080 scale 4k

Black level

all post

Offline econav

« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2019, 22:23 »
Incase you ask , what is the source ...
Online Direct video Server
all post

Offline econav

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2019, 22:50 »
The setting as a normal living room to demo the AVR7/9

Top using the Gallo new droplet

all post

Offline PL

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2019, 01:13 »
Thanks Peng for accommodating me this Monday evening at your Eunos showroom to experience the AudioControl products. When I step into the fairly large HT room, the fight scene demo was already on. I immediately felt the mid bass punch from the stack KK, as I sat down on the sofa, I felt low bass rumble, I turn around and ask Peng if he had installed bass shackers under the sofa, he just replied that the F15HP behind the sofa was doing its job. The heart of the system was the AudioControl M5 system but the magic was Dirac, integrating both the KK and Rythmik subs for that chest thumping and low rumble feel. I am no videophile but the pictures from the JVC NX9 looks superb.
I then move into the Hall 7.1.4 setup. The AudioControl AVR7 was driving the Starke LCR and surround speakers and the new Gallo droplets for Atmos. The sub was a Starke Sub35. When Peng played the Atmos demos track, the object based sound move around with pinpoint accuracy. The sound from the AVR7 just has the extra crispyness compared to a typical Jap AVR which I like. Needless to say, AVR7 also utilizes Dirac for room EQ.
After I left the showroom, my only thoughts were, next upgrade must be a AudioControl AVR7.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2019, 07:22 »
Thanks Peng for accommodating me this Monday evening at your Eunos showroom to experience the AudioControl products. When I step into the fairly large HT room, the fight scene demo was already on. I immediately felt the mid bass punch from the stack KK, as I sat down on the sofa, I felt low bass rumble, I turn around and ask Peng if he had installed bass shackers under the sofa, he just replied that the F15HP behind the sofa was doing its job. The heart of the system was the AudioControl M5 system but the magic was Dirac, integrating both the KK and Rythmik subs for that chest thumping and low rumble feel. I am no videophile but the pictures from the JVC NX9 looks superb.
I then move into the Hall 7.1.4 setup. The AudioControl AVR7 was driving the Starke LCR and surround speakers and the new Gallo droplets for Atmos. The sub was a Starke Sub35. When Peng played the Atmos demos track, the object based sound move around with pinpoint accuracy. The sound from the AVR7 just has the extra crispyness compared to a typical Jap AVR which I like. Needless to say, AVR7 also utilizes Dirac for room EQ.
After I left the showroom, my only thoughts were, next upgrade must be a AudioControl AVR7.

Thanks for sharing thoughts on the AudioControl AVR :)

Offline Absolut

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2019, 20:32 »
The demo I experienced at Peng's last week started with the hall before moving to the dedicated HT room. The AudioControl hooked up in the hall was the AVR-9 then. Peng was really patient in explaining the setup and the differences between the AVR-7 and AVR-9, justifying the additional $$$. The Atmos demo disc was played and to my untrained ears, the presentation sounded very clean and surround effects realistic. Coming from a history of owning Jap AVRs, the AudioControl sound signature was different, in a good way. To me, it just sounded a lot more defined and listening at higher volumes did not bother the AVR-9 at all. I think it had a lot more power in reserve. Peng only had the Sub35 set up in the hall and that small sub can really pump out some tight bass. I am sure Dirac had a huge part to play in the above. To an amateur like me, having professional help with on-site Dirac set up and calibration as part of the purchase would be a huge plus. What don't I like about the AVR-9? The price! Then again, other AVRs may come with more bells and whistles but I doubt many can beat the sound experience this one brings to the home theater enthusiast. Thanks again Peng for your patience answering all my questions and bringing this awesome product in.
Display - Panasonic FZ950 OLED
BD Player - Oppo 203
AVR - Denon AVR-4520
Power Amp - Emotiva XPA 5
Media Player - Mede8er MED1000X3D
Front - MA Silver 8
Centre - MA Silver Centre
Front Height - PSB B15
Front Wide - MA GSFX, Monopole
Side Surround - MA GSFX, Dipole (on Target HR 70 speaker stands)
Back Surround - MA Silver FX Dipole
Subwoofer - 2 x JL E112 (on Auralex Great Grammas)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2019, 21:04 »
The demo I experienced at Peng's last week started with the hall before moving to the dedicated HT room. The AudioControl hooked up in the hall was the AVR-9 then. Peng was really patient in explaining the setup and the differences between the AVR-7 and AVR-9, justifying the additional $$$. The Atmos demo disc was played and to my untrained ears, the presentation sounded very clean and surround effects realistic. Coming from a history of owning Jap AVRs, the AudioControl sound signature was different, in a good way. To me, it just sounded a lot more defined and listening at higher volumes did not bother the AVR-9 at all. I think it had a lot more power in reserve. Peng only had the Sub35 set up in the hall and that small sub can really pump out some tight bass. I am sure Dirac had a huge part to play in the above. To an amateur like me, having professional help with on-site Dirac set up and calibration as part of the purchase would be a huge plus. What don't I like about the AVR-9? The price! Then again, other AVRs may come with more bells and whistles but I doubt many can beat the sound experience this one brings to the home theater enthusiast. Thanks again Peng for your patience answering all my questions and bringing this awesome product in.

Thanks for sharing thoughts on the AudioControl AVR :)

Offline rock123

• Trade Count: (-1)
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2019, 01:22 »

+1
Happen to have a chance to visit this demo shown room in eunos.
Upon reaching, can hear and felt the " punch" few doors away.

Am impressed with the dual KK DXD1000 stacked ( center behind )
the 200' screen in room. Pressured Air punch with intensity "Drift" force
Seem like it's Audiocontrol Dirac magic that tuned the front LCR with this single stacked sub
that produced front stage slam bass.
Awesome Batcave 200 incher!

Thanks Peng for your detailed explanation and demo
Pure 100% Home Theatre Lover @7.2.4
1996 Sunfire Cinema Grand l Flagship Onkyo RZ-3100 11.2 THX® Select2™
M&K Sound LCR950 THX Select2 Series
Sub 1: Rythmik FV18 @900WRMS(Nearfield)
Sub 2: SVS PB12-Plus/2 @900WRMS down-firing dual 12.3" three 4" Ports

Offline econav

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2019, 15:04 »
Thank you guy for dropping by to check out the Starke Sound and AudioControl AVR in the Hall setting and the M5/9 in the configuration testing room.

PL ,
that day was not able to demo the F18 , as was loan out to a custoner for onsite measure for a room design/reno job but Absolut did hv a feel when he visited.

Absolut ,
your feelback on pricing we have forwarder to US  as we are planning the AVR more for home/comsumer market , now we are asking US to bare some cost for the trade in offer , so we hope will eventuall brimg the price to a more comsumer level for the AVR.

Rock123,
Hope the 2 hrs in the workshop , given you some new idea on your plan and setup , sorry not able to stay longer as need go back to site . btw your son want the spiderman , i can get few of them on my trip back .

Once again Thanks for all your support.

all post