Author Topic: AudioControl product  (Read 7112 times)

Offline econav

• Trade Count: (+2)
AudioControl product
« on: August 03, 2019, 18:33 »
Hi all,
Thanks for those visited KLAV last week to listen to the AudioControl demo with Starke Sound Biro series.
The model for local market will be 2 AVR and 2 processor , all 4 model with full dirac Live enable and Dodby vision and DTS-x ready and cover 3 year local warranty and one time onsite calibration for 2 session ( pre and after run in ).

Please , contact your dealer for trade-in offer and list price will be posted on sales post

We will host a workshop for demo and dirac hand-on very soon...

Thanks for your support.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 23:06 by econav »
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: AudioControl product
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 23:08 »
Great thread by Econav...looking forward to the workshop :)

Offline econav

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 23:16 »
All are welcome to list down your nick and timing next week ,we can plan to have some fun day or night also can ;)
Home trail or shoot out also can be arrange as usual....
We are not second hand dealer , all items we sell as used are tradedin from our customer and we don't rate it condition but for the buyer to decide on it own.
From time to time we may sell off some New but open up used for rental/standby/loan items and to ensure they cant be sold as Brand new , we will dispose off the box.
all post
http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=2968
Service & collection : Block 1085 #03-36 Eunos Ave 7A  whatsapp 96387418 to arrange

Offline Doggie Howser

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2019, 14:12 »
I believe it’s an Arcam inside.
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2019, 14:16 »

Yes, it is.

Offline econav

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 18:37 »
Is not bad to have an Arcam inside or even Lexicon , unfortunately is not , but they do use the same common parts from other US maker.
all post

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2019, 18:59 »

Definitely sharing the "same" DNA... ;D ;D ;D

Here's the back layout for AudioControl AV9

Here's the Arcam AVR850

Offline econav

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 01:40 »
Arcam 850 used class G amplification,
whereas AudioControl used Class AB for the AVR 7 and Class H for the AVR 9.
all post

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 06:43 »
Arcam 850 used class G amplification,
whereas AudioControl used Class AB for the AVR 7 and Class H for the AVR 9.

Thanks for the info. So Arcam AVR850 and AudioControl AV9 quote similar in their amplification module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 07:07 »
Arcam 550 class A/B
Arcam 850 class G
I would relate AVR7 to Arcam 550 while the AVR9 to Arcam 850.
Class G has 2 power rails for the output transistors while Class H uses 1. Both classes are similar in design topology.
https://www.arcam.co.uk/ugc/tor/avr850/Amplifier%20Class%20FAQ/Amp%20class_FAQ_260814_D.pdf

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 09:48 »
I sell both that’s what clued me in
End of Line - Derezzed

Offline econav

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 11:01 »
I sell both that’s what clued me in
Care to share what class is the Amp used in the Arcam 550?
all post

Offline kaydee6

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 12:11 »

As per this polish review, it's class A/B.  Only 850 class G.

"Power amplifiers
Arcam successively introduces power amplifiers in class G into their devices. Their most tangible advantage is their high efficiency (compared to the most common A / B class designs). However, in the new range of receivers this solution was used only in AVR850. In 550, amplifiers with traditional (which does not mean that bad) constructions were placed - in class A / B. That is why designers are not surprised by the efficient cooling"

https://audio.com.pl/testy/kino-domowe/amplitunery-av/2671-arcam-avr550

Arcam did not publish the class for 390 and 550 but states class G is only available for 850.

Offline Doggie Howser

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 18:17 »

Only the AVR850 has Class G - the rest use Class AB. Class G is a gem. Love the sound of the SA20 integrated amplifier. AVR550 just doesn't have the grunt.

End of Line - Derezzed

Offline econav

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 18:38 »
Only the AVR850 has Class G - the rest use Class AB. Class G is a gem. Love the sound of the SA20 integrated amplifier. AVR550 just doesn't have the grunt.

I think that is why cost so much more for the 850 , but even then the 550 still out perform some jap high end AVR I believe...
all post