Author Topic: Ur next generation Windows Lappies will have memories as fixed as mobile phones!  (Read 774 times)

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!

RAM is soldered in this ThinkPad X390

RAM is soldered in this ThinkPad T490s

Visibly, no sight of RAM slot in this ThinkPad X1Carbon

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
It's quite sensible actually, how many people you know will upgrade the RAM in their laptops?
By soldering, they save space and weight.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
In my close to 10yrs++ of laptop usage from XP until today's Win10, I encountered twice BSOD due to RAM damage becos of heat?
I wonder by soldering onto the system MB... how durable can it be?

Offline silencer13

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I have found Audiophile Nirvana and it cost me $40
    • Tokyo Fantasy Online Toy Store
In my close to 10yrs++ of laptop usage from XP until today's Win10, I encountered twice BSOD due to RAM damage becos of heat?
I wonder by soldering onto the system MB... how durable can it be?

Apple laptops all soldered long time ago, never had any problem. It's probably better because you have a secure connection.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
wait till the SSD is soldered in too...then you are screwed to upgrade anything...apple do this a couple of years already too
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
Oredi sibeh dulan that batteries are not swappable and fixed at certain size that affects usable worktime as well as battery repairability...
RAM durability is still debatable as the number of folks facing bootup issues due to RAM damage is relatively small.
If SSD tio fixed/attached like those netbooks/tablets, it'll be disastrous! As u know, most of the time the updates to OS occupies lots of space.