Author Topic: Midway trailer - a sequel to Pearl Harbor...  (Read 853 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Midway trailer - a sequel to Pearl Harbor...
« on: July 14, 2019, 09:44 »
We knew what happened to the Pearl Harbor catastrophe as a result of poor intelligence gathered and underestimating the underdogs like Japan. Now this movie plot follows after 7 months following the Pearl Harbor incident. The battle of Midway island...The battle of the wits and deception in the name of intelligence. Directed by Roland Emmerich, the popcorn action director...so expect some really cool action sequences and explosions.  ;D

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dd8OsSdXEGc&fs=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dd8OsSdXEGc&fs=1</a>

Offline YANG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Midway trailer - a sequel to Pearl Harbor...
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2019, 21:39 »
trailer looked a little different from the one i posted in another thread weeks ago。。。this one more effects more “longer” dog fights

Offline AndrewC

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 09:54 »
Talk about perfect timing  ;D

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-50124313

Battle of Midway: World War Two Japanese carrier wrecks found

Deep sea explorers have found two Japanese aircraft carriers that were sunk in battle in World War Two.

The carriers were among seven ships that went down in the Battle of Midway, a major air and sea battle fought between the US and Japan in 1942.

One ship, the Kaga, was discovered last week, while wreckage from another carrier, Akagi, was found on Sunday.

Until now only one other ship sunk in this battle had ever been found - the American vessel USS Yorktown, in 1998.
You'll never get to heaven with a smile on your face from me.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 16:25 »
Just finished watching this...I will say it is not as bad as many reviewers made out to be. Maybe a little cliche but then again what do we expect from a war movie? For those who loved WWII movies, this is a must-watch...and yes, if you can, you should catch it at a cinema with Dolby Atmos setup. You are gonna love it.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2019, 16:47 »
...Maybe a little cliche but then again what do we expect from a war movie? For those who loved WWII movies, this is a must-watch...
To those who grown up with SPR and the PACIFIC series but not exposed to the classic flicks that focus around the Pacific Conflict like MIDWAY, Tora Tora Tora, no blood no WAR!  ;D
This will disappoints history buffs. But not to Visual and Audio Sensual buffs like moi... ;)
I going for a second ride in Vivo Atmos theater next week!

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Midway trailer - a sequel to Pearl Harbor...
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2019, 17:29 »
To those who grown up with SPR and the PACIFIC series but not exposed to the classic flicks that focus around the Pacific Conflict like MIDWAY, Tora Tora Tora, no blood no WAR!  ;D
This will disappoints history buffs. But not to Visual and Audio Sensual buffs like moi... ;)
I going for a second ride in Vivo Atmos theater next week!

LoL. Very true. This is definitely no SPR material. But majority of Roland Emmerich’s flicks were popcorn movies with big visuals with the exception of The Patriot which starred Mel Gibson. Great story line and action war sequences.

The worst one will have the to be ID4 Resurgence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 19:19 »
wahlauehh... Atmos screening for this flick so short live one?
totally cannot buy tix for tomorrow GV Vivo session one!!!