Author Topic: Wimbledon 2019  (Read 768 times)

Online francis wu

• Trade Count: (+5)
Wimbledon 2019
« on: July 09, 2019, 22:26 »
Granny Serene Williams into the Semis after a hard fought victory over Riske. Don’t think she will get into the finals though with the way she’s playing now. Clumsy, slow and so many unforced errors and only relying on her service game. If I have to pick a winner this year it will be Simona Halep, the most consistent player on the tours!

Online francis wu

Re: Wimbledon 2019
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 23:09 »
Well, congrats to granny Serena Williams for bulldozing her way to the finals where she will meet Simona Halep the most consistent player in the circuit.

It will be a miracle if Serena at the of age of 37 can overcome Halep who is in form now, wish her luck though :)

Online francis wu

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 22:13 »
No miracle so another disappointment for Granny Serene as expected!  Congrats to Halep for winning another Slam and most deserving I might say for her hard work and consistency throughout the tournament. :)

Online francis wu

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 19:32 »
Think it will be an epic match tonight between seeded 1 Jokovic and seeded 2 Federer. Base on current form and consistency, the former has the advantage and since everyone is willing the latter to win, think the pressure on him will see him make more enforced errors.  Anyway, may the best player wins tonight...enjoy :)

Offline cstanxpl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 20:11 »
If only Federer is not too tired after the Nadal match.

Otherwise, it would be Novak's title.
"With such collusions don't it make you wanna SCREAM?"

"Different folks !!! Different strokes !!!"

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 01:30 »
Looks like Novak for the win at this point...it’s dragging on now

Finally a result....longest game ever
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:16 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Online francis wu

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 10:17 »
Didn’t watch the fifth set as my eyes got the better of me :P. Will catch the replay tonight of this epic final in Wimbledon history.  Congrats to Jokovic for getting his fifth Wimbledon title and I guess more to come :)