Author Topic: Operable Wall  (Read 3385 times)

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • home theatre lover :D
Re: Operable Wall
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2017, 18:25 »
Thanks for sharing! Nice & big house.

Good that your crossover is lower now and u enjoy a better sound!

Your surrounds on the table - it might have better immersion & steering effect if it's placed wider since u have the space. Currently it's a bit too "narrow" and "back"

Offline Hillviewer

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2017, 21:05 »
Very nice! Do the wall panels vibrate when bass notes hit?

The panels do not vibrate. Once a panel is in place,  I have to use a cranking device. The black rubber strips, on aluminum support, on top and bottom are being push up and down respectively  As solid as a normal wall.

Offline Hillviewer

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2017, 21:16 »
Wow.. sui sui.. sui...
It is landed house huh? so big

Open concept... nice...   :)
Imagine if we can do gathering there.. chat about HT and drink kopi-C.
Open house bro..? heeheee...

I wonder if put 100% black out curtain there to devide your big living room... lesser reflection, cheaper and no need to occupy big space for those folded panels near wall.

A maisonette at Farrer Road. I knocked down the kitchen. Yeah open concept. So it look so big.

Sure. Will find a weekend to have open house so that the experts can give their advice on this novice setup. I can reward the experts with bean to coffee ;D

Curtain was considered. But with 10 kids running around on weekend, they will pull down the curtain or knock into each other from opposite sides. They pulled my headboard on master bedroom once! For safety reason, I decided to rule out curtain.

Also, my wife does not like the idea of curtain. She want the hotel feel. I show her curtain used as door at Woodland sport hall and operable wall at hotel. heheeee...

Did consider the reflection issue. But was too busy to address it. but I asked Megamark to add a dense 5mm foam. Also the other side patio is a row of curtain and glass door. Also I do not know how to measure reflection.  :(

Offline Hillviewer

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2017, 21:17 »

Your surrounds on the table - it might have better immersion & steering effect if it's placed wider since u have the space. Currently it's a bit too "narrow" and "back"

Yeah. the plan is to wall mount and hide inside a fabric over wall panel. Will align to front LR.

Offline eagle15

• Trade Count: (+3)
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2017, 22:38 »
The panels do not vibrate. Once a panel is in place,  I have to use a cranking device. The black rubber strips, on aluminum support, on top and bottom are being push up and down respectively  As solid as a normal wall.
That's great to hear! This could be an option for me in another 1-2 months time when my house is ready. It will help greatly to isolate some SPL from the rest of the rooms. Hope it's not too costly to implement

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Listen with your ears, and not judge with your eyes.

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 22:39 »
Enjoy the tweaking and better sound bro!

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2017, 23:15 »
It is very common for offices to have a operable wall. For home, maybe a black out curtain will be an alternative as a cheaper option.

Offline Hillviewer

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2019, 10:30 »
Just an update. I will be shifting and will have a home theatre room.
This operable wall has served me well. I have better sound and most importantly do not disturb my other family members who are using the dining area.

I have also put up the panels for sales.

http://www.xtremeplace.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=286635.msg1311560#msg1311560

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal