Author Topic: Starke Sound your experience and feedback  (Read 953 times)

Offline Cubacuba

• Trade Count: (0)
Starke Sound your experience and feedback
« on: June 18, 2019, 18:41 »
Hi All,
Have you ever expeirence Starke Sound speakers? What is your feedback?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 18:51 by Cubacuba »

Offline wcseow

Re: Starke Sound your experience and feedback
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 00:31 »
Hi All,
Have you ever expeirence Starke Sound speakers? What is your feedback?

From your posts, I gather you probably meant the BRIO series, of which one will probably not be able to find reviews for this series. And it has only been introduced here relatively recently

Personally, I don't really look too much into those reviews. I will just go with my ears and $$$...lol

As mention in my earlier posts, I eventually goes with the BRIOs and SW12  cause I like their sound best amongst the lots that I have audition. And I must say I like their design and the support is great.

Movie soundstage is more important to me, though I listen to music more often as that will make my movie watching more enjoyable.

I had it for a some months now and we have thoroughly enjoy it.

Trust your ears and whichever brand u decided upon, get a commitment that they will help tuned your setup if you needed it.

Offline Cubacuba

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2019, 00:36 »
From your posts, I gather you probably meant the BRIO series, of which one will probably not be able to find reviews for this series. And it has only been introduced here relatively recently

Personally, I don't really look too much into those reviews. I will just go with my ears and $$$...lol

As mention in my earlier posts, I eventually goes with the BRIOs and SW12  cause I like their sound best amongst the lots that I have audition. And I must say I like their design and the support is great.

Movie soundstage is more important to me, though I listen to music more often as that will make my movie watching more enjoyable.

I had it for a some months now and we have thoroughly enjoy it.

Trust your ears and whichever brand u decided upon, get a commitment that they will help tuned your setup if you needed it.

Thanks Bro :)

So may i know your setup details ? LCR ? Rear ? Surround ? Heights? AVR? Etc ?

Offline wcseow

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 00:49 »
Thanks Bro :)

So may i know your setup details ? LCR ? Rear ? Surround ? Heights? AVR? Etc ?

Living Room
V62, VC62 and VS61
2 x SW12
Gallo micros for atmos
Denon 4500

Den
VS62, VC62 and VS61
1 x SW12
Gallo micro for atmos
Onkyo RZ730
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 00:52 by wcseow »

Offline Cubacuba

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 01:20 »
Living Room
V62, VC62 and VS61
2 x SW12
Gallo micros for atmos
Denon 4500

Den
VS62, VC62 and VS61
1 x SW12
Gallo micro for atmos
Onkyo RZ730

I will go with your living room spec along with echo speakers for heights with 1 Sub

Offline wcseow

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2019, 01:45 »
I will go with your living room spec along with echo speakers for heights with 1 Sub

Not going for 2 subs?.😁😁 Lol

Echo sounds great. Probably will get that instead of micros if they are available when I was buying it. But still, no regrets on micros, it looks great on the ceilings...lol

If you eventually decide on the Starkes, welcome to the club...lol

Offline Cubacuba

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2019, 02:00 »
Not going for 2 subs?.😁😁 Lol

Echo sounds great. Probably will get that instead of micros if they are available when I was buying it. But still, no regrets on micros, it looks great on the ceilings...lol

If you eventually decide on the Starkes, welcome to the club...lol

No Money bro ... im not a rich fella :-(

already this is way high for me  ... may be i add in future

Offline Cubacuba

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2019, 03:10 »
My budget started with 5k to 6k inclusive of AVR. Starke itself digested 10k+  now thinking of where to rob money for AVR... may be i should heist :)

Offline rayleh

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 07:43 »
Multiple subs will play a significant part.

Offline wcseow

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 09:53 »
My budget started with 5k to 6k inclusive of AVR. Starke itself digested 10k+  now thinking of where to rob money for AVR... may be i should heist :)

Lol..if u are looking at reducing intial spent, u may like to consider

- going for the Onkyo RZ730/830 first. U probably will know their sound signature as u have been using Onkyo for quite some time. Sacrifice Auro 3D

- going for lower priced surrounds, possibly using Echo if u like to keep starke or other bookshelves on stand if u have the space at the back. I used On The Wall type as I have limited space behind my sofa. Personally I think the Mission LX2 is a pretty good value for surrounds on a budget.

U could easily change those out over time and maybe redeploy to other areas of ur place. Lol

Hope it helps.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 10:52 by wcseow »

Online john_125

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 17:15 »
Hi bro wcseow,

Curious about the VS61, according to their site, can reach down to 45Hz. That's amazing considering the cabinet depth. Can this slim on-wall spkr go that deep according your ears?

Offline wcseow

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 23:32 »
Hi bro wcseow,

Curious about the VS61, according to their site, can reach down to 45Hz. That's amazing considering the cabinet depth. Can this slim on-wall spkr go that deep according your ears?

Hi
During my trial, I did a AB between VS61 and LX2 and definitely the VS61 handles it better. Comparing it with LX4, I feel it is the same though my brother points to the VS61 as the better one.

Eventually I used the VS61 as my surrounds only as I still prefer the VS62/V62 as my fronts

U should consider listening to it at Earth Sounds for a better judgment.

😁