Author Topic: Rythmik FV15HP and KK12012  (Read 2850 times)

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
Re: Rythmik FV15HP and KK12012
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2019, 13:42 »
Corner placement will be impossible for me bro cos the only corner space I have is the area next to my main door  :(

So will it be worthwhile to have 2x12012 stacked if I cannot locate them in a corner?
If no corner, possible for front and back of MLP?

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2019, 15:43 »
Lol my Wife has been shaking her head since 2 years ago, when I was swapping front back left right, stack unstuck, co locate etc... so much so that, suddenly, everything is like ok” that’s expected”... and the head shaking stops... lol

Yes stacking same subs will help, it’s the way to go, but u will need EQ to cut away peaks and resonance, it will help in some way, then just live with some nulls  at certain frequencies, if placement is an issue, that’s the only way... no other way...

LoL..."she" will never understand one lar. But your wife is a very nice lady...very accommodating the last time I saw her. :)

Online Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2019, 16:16 »
We shd consider ourselves lucky to have an understanding other half. Some bros here don't have our kind of  "luxury" ;D
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Online Chowbotak

« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 16:22 »
If no corner, possible for front and back of MLP?

I don't know what is MLP but if I place the subs anywhere else, safety rules will be broken ;D

Offline rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 17:23 »
MLP - main listening area

Online Chowbotak

« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2019, 19:03 »
 Thanks. Area too small. Unless I shift to Batam  ;D

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2019, 17:41 »
For me, I think 90% music and 10% movies is more accurate. Yes I think my signature does apply to my HT as well. Some of the movies I watched I don't even switch my HT on and I don't watch movies I don't like even if it has superb sound, I only watched their clips in demo discs ;D

When he measured my HT he said, ah this is not right, nt right and proceeded to adjust my settings accordingly. I listened after he did that, I told him to change back to my original settings. Yah I'm pretty fcuked up I guess ;D

Hey Bro, since u clarified ur usage of HT only 10%, more chin chye abt HT sound, subs not used for HT, dont turn on your HT system for some movies, have certain preference already for your sound, u want less less fuss, & cant move subs, it makes things much much simpler to decide.

Not having different subs would give a better sound without much fuss as what many bros have mentioned here (repeatedly similar advice).

However, if your preference is to keep different subs and enjoy diff bass, then just keep and enjoy them what u think sound best to u.  Keep it simple.

By the way, possible to share which LCR speakers are u using?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 17:50 by sevenz »

Online Chowbotak

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2019, 18:18 »
I did a little adjustment to my settings again just now. Pumped up the gain on the KK a little more. Turned down the Rythmik. Brought down the KK, woofer 4 inch from wall. Mid bass aggressive thump is showing up. Hmm now feeling less likely to wanna give up the Rythmik  :D

At the moment, LCR is SF Cremona, centre is SF Solo

Offline sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2019, 19:47 »
Nice LCR u have! :)

Enjoy the tweaks and hope u can get the best out of it