Author Topic: My HT Journey resumes. Setting up NEW BenQ 5700 PJ from Scratch N Considerations  (Read 10388 times)

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Just finished the system integration last night, into the wee hours , mighty impressive

I’ll be sharing soon how this is done and how I believe the best approach to EQ and full system integration should be done, amazing stuff !

Let’s get to the methodology behind, stats, quantitative measurements, analysis and actual listening

I haven’t done the actual listening, but quick listening, it’s promising. The numbers don’t lie

I will be interested to know more about your approach and measurements in EQ.

I've got my own way using REW for time alignment between mains and subs, but I'm always looking for better methods if there are.

I have to say that there are 2 parts of any audio system EQ. Basic start point (to being with) and then followed by calibration to preference(pepper and salt to your taste).
Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline ronildoq

Hi Jag, this methodology that I use now is really good, I’m having 8 subs, and you will see how they all sum nicely. The key take away with this method is that the mains sum up with subs, blending at XO, it’s so much easier vs the distance tweak method I was using in the past.

The other notable benefits were impulse all aligned, then we have very less seat to seat variation, all the seats are equally good. Then comes a good decay rate, which I will share as well with the spectrogram, mighty impressive for 8 subs in a living room. These all automatically translates to good phase coherence as well.

Harmonic Distortion numbers were very very impressive too, <2% at 92db below down to 10hz...

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
EGD method?
Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Let me just jump in quickly here to prevent the topic from going OOT.

@Roni - You may want to start a separate thread or continue with your post on the Lyngdorf thread to expand your sharing/discussions on the audio calibration :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline ronildoq

Let me just jump in quickly here to prevent the topic from going OOT.

@Roni - You may want to start a separate thread or continue with your post on the Lyngdorf thread to expand your sharing/discussions on the audio calibration :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sure sure, once I’ve compiled the details, will share in that thread instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk