Author Topic: Demo Session: Anthem MRX 720 (w/ARC Genesis) + JVC DiLA DLA-N7 Projector  (Read 1946 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
I have received a few PMs from members requesting for a demo session for either one of the two. Since the objective is different, one for video and the other for sound...to make it easier for me, I've decided to combine both into one demo session. For those interested to listen to what Anthem ARC Genesis brings to the table and how it sound compared to the Audyssey, AccuEQ, MCACC, YPAO etc or perhaps you are looking to get on the projector bandwagon, then this is a great opportunity for you to see what is the hype all about that surrounds the coveted JVC "blacks levels" looks like on the JVC DLA-N7. I have decided to open up a few weekend sessions (mostly Sat afternoon unless stated otherwise) for members to have a listen and/or viewing pleasure.

For those interested to join the demo session, pls state your moniker under the preferred dates below. The maximum pax per session is 2 due to my small listening room. The time will be from 1pm - 3pm unless stated otherwise. I will pm you my address once confirmed.

As always, I reserve the rights to cancel any of the slot(s) if I need to run personal errands that weekend. But rest assured, I will notify you one day in advance.

Month of May
11 May 19 (Cancelled)

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm) - Completed!
- Wilbur
- mutant

25 May 19 - Completed!
- DizzyD
- Dbchoong

« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:36 by desray »

Offline DizzyD

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • I am a HTphile !

Month of May
11 May 19

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm)

25 May 19 - DizzyD ..can I reach around 130 ?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:53 by desray »
Main Rig: Mit HC7900DW II Cyrus 92" II Onkyo NR818 II Oppo 103D II JL E112 II Sony PS3 II Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSD II Wyred4Sound MC3 II MacMini II Dynaudio Focus 220MkII 200C II Antimode 8033 II NHT Monitor II

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Month of May
11 May 19

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm)

25 May 19 - DizzyD ..can I reach around 130 ?

Sure...

Offline Wilber

• Trade Count: (+7)
Month of May
11 May 19

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm)
Wilber

25 May 19
- DizzyD ..can I reach around 130
HT Setup
Marantz AV8802A, JBL Professional Speakers Powered by Harman Crown DCI amps. Zidoo X9S. Clef Cleansource Power Regenerator, Optoma UHD65, Panamorph Lens, Prismasonic Curve Frame with UF Fabric, Fibaro Home Automation.
Computer Setup
KEF Ref 1 Powered by Harman Crown DCI amp

Online chaozhoi

• Trade Count: (0)
Month of May
11 May 19
Chaozhoi (is it too late to add?)

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm)
Wilber

25 May 19

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Month of May
11 May 19
Chaozhoi (is it too late to add?)

18 May 19 (3pm - 5pm)
Wilber

25 May 19

Sorry bro, today's session is cancelled as I got something on later.

Online chaozhoi

Sorry bro, today's session is cancelled as I got something on later.
Ok. Sure.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Tmr (18 May) session is a go. One more slot avail if anyone interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mutant

Tmr (18 May) session is a go. One more slot avail if anyone interested.

Hi Desray! Me interested! Thanks!  ;D

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Hi Desray! Me interested! Thanks!  ;D

Ok. See you tmr.

Offline mutant

(This post will be posted twice; both at Ronildoq thread & Desray thread.)
I have the opportunity to audition both guys setups on the weekends. Managed to listen to the same demo clips on both setups. Here is a short summary for both powerhouse:-
Firstly, both Desray and Ronildoq are very great hosts! Feel at ease with their hospitality and friendliness.
Both are quite different in their setup. One in a living room using a tv (Ronildoq) using ceiling speakers for Atmos, the other in a dedicated room using a projector with reflective speakers for atmos (Desray).
For both places, I coincidence sat beside the most prime area.
Desray playing  mostly around -25dB below reference, while Ronildoq playing around -15dB below reference.
Both displays are superb! My 1st viewing of 4K with HDR10 combo. The blacks and whites levels very wide dynamic range, make it seems more realistic as compared to my older JVC HD projector. I could not find any issue; except personally I will go smaller abit than Desray 110 inch widescope for his room, and larger abit then Ronildoq 65 inch tv for his hall.
Both have very low floor noise, but Ronildoq hall have the sensation of you can have a conversation with another person with slightly more clearer hearing; feels strange but good ( I’m not talking about equipments).
Both sound systems details are very clear, enveloping seamlessly, immersive, the minute details, wide dynamic range, attack, speed, timbre, cohesion all spot on.  Abit hard who is better; coz from a 23 hour time gap apart, not easy. I believe both systems high-end room correction software really helps in this.
A very small nit-pic for both systems the airplane Atmos demo feels slightly confusing the direction of the airplane movement at the start; but sounds correctly when tapering off.
Maybe due to reflective speakers for Desray and  Ronildoq tweeters facing away and the matrix front height with front ceiling.
I am really blown away by their very high-end setup. And thanks again to Desray and Ronildoq for being such awesome hosts!
And thanks to Wilbur for the tips to me & Desray on the Zidoo player.
Nice meeting WizardOz again and also the rest at Ronildoq home.

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
(This post will be posted twice; both at Ronildoq thread & Desray thread.)
I have the opportunity to audition both guys setups on the weekends. Managed to listen to the same demo clips on both setups. Here is a short summary for both powerhouse:-
Firstly, both Desray and Ronildoq are very great hosts! Feel at ease with their hospitality and friendliness.
Both are quite different in their setup. One in a living room using a tv (Ronildoq) using ceiling speakers for Atmos, the other in a dedicated room using a projector with reflective speakers for atmos (Desray).
For both places, I coincidence sat beside the most prime area.
Desray playing  mostly around -25dB below reference, while Ronildoq playing around -15dB below reference.
Both displays are superb! My 1st viewing of 4K with HDR10 combo. The blacks and whites levels very wide dynamic range, make it seems more realistic as compared to my older JVC HD projector. I could not find any issue; except personally I will go smaller abit than Desray 110 inch widescope for his room, and larger abit then Ronildoq 65 inch tv for his hall.
Both have very low floor noise, but Ronildoq hall have the sensation of you can have a conversation with another person with slightly more clearer hearing; feels strange but good ( I’m not talking about equipments).
Both sound systems details are very clear, enveloping seamlessly, immersive, the minute details, wide dynamic range, attack, speed, timbre, cohesion all spot on.  Abit hard who is better; coz from a 23 hour time gap apart, not easy. I believe both systems high-end room correction software really helps in this.
A very small nit-pic for both systems the airplane Atmos demo feels slightly confusing the direction of the airplane movement at the start; but sounds correctly when tapering off.
Maybe due to reflective speakers for Desray and  Ronildoq tweeters facing away and the matrix front height with front ceiling.
I am really blown away by their very high-end setup. And thanks again to Desray and Ronildoq for being such awesome hosts!
And thanks to Wilbur for the tips to me & Desray on the Zidoo player.
Nice meeting WizardOz again and also the rest at Ronildoq home.

You are most welcome bro mutant. :)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
This Sat (25 May) demo session is a go. Still have 1 more slot avail for anyone interested.

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
Think I can join.. 1.30pm
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 00:43 by dbchoong »

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
Think I can join.. 1.30pm

Ok. Check pm later tonight for details.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 13:22 by desray »