Author Topic: Amazon prime member please come in  (Read 2235 times)

Offline FookLai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • survivng with bare system
Amazon prime member please come in
« on: May 03, 2019, 23:47 »
I believe some of the brother here is amazon prime member? I read that there is free shipping to Singapore for prime member for order above $60. I am looking to buy amazon speaker cable and found out the shipping cost is $40+, instead of letting amazon earn this, if any brother here got amazon prime maybe can help me to order and I would pay you a small token of sum for the help.

AmazonBasics 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper, 200-Foot $67.61

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0758CVS43/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 23:49 by FookLai »

Offline gtl

Re: Amazon prime member please come in
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 06:07 »
Just sign up for the free trial and immediately cancel. You will still be able to use the prime benefits till the free trial expires. Unfortunately I don’t see speaker cable available on the Amazon Prime Now app. The regular amazon USA website no longer provide free shipping to singapore.

Offline bluepill193

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:28 »
But last time the US Amazon Prime free trial, if you used its benefits like discounts or free shipping, they charge you when you cancel. Dont know about now

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:51 »
Can see the cable Prime Now (Singapore) @ S$147.10. Think difficult to find a way out of paying for shipping.
Think it will be cheaper if bought using Prime Now (Sg) than if you bought in Amazon and paid overseas shipping (US$67.61+ shipping US$50 x 1.37 ~= S$160)

Offline Tiktokape

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Nothing to compare, be happy and enjoy while alive
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 11:09 »
US Amazon Prime has never provided free shipping to SG being a prime member, it is only for USA address only, be it before or after free shipping to SG ended.

It is Amazon Prime aka Amazon SG offers free shipping if one shops via the international route so long amount is above s$60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Chowbotak

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Eternal Hostility against Tyranny
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04 »
Amazon prime sg is only S$2.99 a month. Can cancel anytime
I buy hifi to suit my music, not buy music to suit my hifi.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 22:11 »
Paiseh, what is the difference between US prime and SG prime?

Offline liverpudian

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 12:59 »
Paiseh, what is the difference between US prime and SG prime?
Amazon Prime is some kind of paid membership which comes with added benefits (go to Help section on Prime in the different countires websites for details on the benefits).
Unfortunately the Prime program for the different countries are independent of each other rather than universal ie joining US Prime doesn't make you a UK Prime member & vice versa etc.
Currently there is no Amazon SG website. Buying from Amazon SG is only available via the Prime Now mobile app & can only place order if you are a SG Prime member (fee is S$2.99/my as pointed out by Bro CBT) though they do offer a free 30-days trial.
Under SG Prime Now there are 2 buying options:
1) Items avail in their SG warehouse which entitles you to free 2-hrs delivery for orders abv S$40. Some of the items avail includes groceries & toiletries etc.
2) Items avail in other Amazon websites (mainly fr US Amazon) found under the International tab in Prime Now. International orders abv S$60 get free shipping.
Unfortunately the speaker cable you wanted is only available locally (for S$147 as Bro DBChong mentioned) rather than under International (I suspect done so to avoid free shipping to customers due to its size & weight ).
Besides being slightly cheaper (definitely not by US$46 for shipping from US Amazon), advantage of buying from SG Prime Now is you get the item within the same day.
If available under International or buy direct fr US Amazon, it will take at least 10 days to arrive.
Hope the abv helps.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2019, 13:51 »
Have you looked at the cost of say Belden 12AWG or 14AWG from LHS ... maybe order just the amount you need and not more.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2019, 14:13 »
Have you looked at the cost of say Belden 12AWG or 14AWG from LHS ... maybe order just the amount you need and not more.

I did drop by LHS, I think Canare 2s7f is quite reasonable price but the problem is they told me it is not oxygen free cable and recommended a $6 per meter Belden 1309. That is twice the price of Canare 2s7f. I saw the amazon or monoprice cable is oxygen free and the reviews generally are quite good also. I wonder is this oxygen free stuff very important or not.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2019, 14:14 »
Amazon Prime is some kind of paid membership which comes with added benefits (go to Help section on Prime in the different countires websites for details on the benefits).
Unfortunately the Prime program for the different countries are independent of each other rather than universal ie joining US Prime doesn't make you a UK Prime member & vice versa etc.
Currently there is no Amazon SG website. Buying from Amazon SG is only available via the Prime Now mobile app & can only place order if you are a SG Prime member (fee is S$2.99/my as pointed out by Bro CBT) though they do offer a free 30-days trial.
Under SG Prime Now there are 2 buying options:
1) Items avail in their SG warehouse which entitles you to free 2-hrs delivery for orders abv S$40. Some of the items avail includes groceries & toiletries etc.
2) Items avail in other Amazon websites (mainly fr US Amazon) found under the International tab in Prime Now. International orders abv S$60 get free shipping.
Unfortunately the speaker cable you wanted is only available locally (for S$147 as Bro DBChong mentioned) rather than under International (I suspect done so to avoid free shipping to customers due to its size & weight ).
Besides being slightly cheaper (definitely not by US$46 for shipping from US Amazon), advantage of buying from SG Prime Now is you get the item within the same day.
If available under International or buy direct fr US Amazon, it will take at least 10 days to arrive.
Hope the abv helps.

Bro, thanks a lot for the explanation, it is very clear.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 15:41 by wizardofoz »
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline FookLai

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2019, 16:22 »

Offline ysl

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2019, 17:57 »
Looks like the established names, Canare, Belden and Radio Shack are operating with integrity.

Offline domho8

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2019, 18:39 »
wa those in RED  :o :o