Author Topic: Heads up - dimming issue for HDR videos  (Read 2355 times)

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
Re: Heads up - dimming issue for HDR videos
« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2019, 16:00 »
Arigato! :)

Ron - after u disable the active metadata/ dynamic tone mapping, do u observed any noticeable difference in the PQ of the tekno and/or non-tekno files?

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2019, 18:35 »
Arigato! :)

Ron - after u disable the active metadata/ dynamic tone mapping, do u observed any noticeable difference in the PQ of the tekno and/or non-tekno files?

Disabling the Dynamic Contrast aka Tone Mapping on HDR10, didnt make any noticable difference to the pic quality much. I liked how tekno team tone mapped the files. So i sticked to dynamic contrast off.  But for normal HDR10, the contrast is better when dynamic turned on, especially obvious with fire scenes, gadgets and weapons. Try the pacific rim ones, on the Yaeger robots, that scene has got lotsa of details.....You can compare... But subtitle has to be turned off, the moment u turn that on, you will have that dimming issue every time the subtitles come on....

Nonetheless, hope that helped! All the best bro, dont spend too much time tweaking on HDR, focus on 2 pt white balance, fine tune with 20 point and go with the best OLED light that makes your viewing comfortable, then start enjoying all the Tekno3D movies! Lots to catch up!!

Online sevenz

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • home theatre lover :D
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2019, 22:19 »
Yea catching up! Slowly but gradually! Haha...

if u need help turning off asbl, let me know