Author Topic: Basement for Home Theater  (Read 5329 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Basement for Home Theater
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2019, 18:53 »
Just came back from BadEnglish's place. I am very impressed by his 2 channel setup. As for home theater, he is one of those who don't subscribe to the Audyssey EQ as he has his own reasons which I totally respect.

More importantly thanks for hosting me and I've learned a lot from you even though it is a short demo session. I see you are a huge fan of coaxial driver. What do you think of Andrew Jone's speakers which also featured coaxial drivers?

BadEnglish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2019, 20:12 »
I'm a conservative  ;D

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2019, 18:35 »
After visiting BE, my next member visit will be Bro Whitesox and then in no particular order - Petetherock, Ralfale's Storm Audio and lastly a revisit to bro Roni to experience the Lyngdorf's RoomPerfect EQ.

Happy to host you again, u will be the best person to hear and judge yourself. When u came previously, there wasn’t any acoustics and no focus on lowering noise floor

And now it’s with carefully placed and selected type of acoustics, together with effort to lower the noise floor. A bit unfair also with the Lyngdorf but the changes made in the living room is significant to the overall experience

Let you hear it yourself and be the judge

Offline Hillviewer

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2019, 18:08 »
After 2.5 months of design work, we are able to create another room at level 3.

It is a trapezium shape of a length of 8.5m and width of 6.3m at the seating area and 4m at the screen end. finished ceiling height is 3.2m generally. From after back of the sofa, the ceiling will slant down 45 degrees from 3.2m to 1.7m. Behind the screen, there is a depth of 1m with a ceiling of 2.5m.

I decide to use this room for home theater as it eliminates the additional cost of a basement and other potential issues with a basement. The saving of basement cost ( solely to build for home theater) can be used to upgrade my equipment heheee... ;D

So no more basement for home theater.

Now I research how to have better roof sound insulation so that the listening is not affected on a raining day.