Author Topic: SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer  (Read 2673 times)

Online rayleh

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 15:36 »
Talk to sdds for a good deal. If not PB1000 is good value for a budget under $850. Don't worry about getting a bigger sub as it will give you more headroom to play with. I only deal with Clarence (he is the owner) from KEC, my ex-colleague also encountered the same situation when the installer did not do a proper EQ of his system.

Online rayleh

« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 15:39 »

Tweaking to the best result may takes days. You can ask those hardcores in this forum. It is good enough that they even hook up for you.

They do charge for installation which I think will also includes simple auto EQ at the minimum but I guess it is not even being fulfilled.

Online rayleh

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 15:45 »
Starke sub is confirmed brand new. Peng is so accommodating as he delivered them personally at my preferred timing. He always responds to my questions without fail and so willingly offer to loan equipment for trial. This is the first time I deal with him and will not hesitate to deal with him again.

Offline jac5blues

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • EMOTIVA
    • jagsandhu1954@gmail.com
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2019, 16:09 »
All thing aside....you will never go wrong with a SVS sub.👍
Onkyo TX-RZ 830
Emotiva Xpa 5  Gen 2
Oppo 203
Dynaudio 3/7
Dynaudio DM center.
Cervin Vega Surrounds
SVS PB 3000.
Panny 60
Cables:::: QED XT 400/Canare 4s11/BJC LC 1
Monoprice Hdmi
GW conditioner

Online kelvinsin

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2019, 20:49 »

Tweaking to the best result may takes days. You can ask those hardcores in this forum. It is good enough that they even hook up for you.
Oh may be i wrongly benchmark them with other countries dealers, seems i shud uses sg standard which like paid deliver sign method to compare. Noted.
HT: Pioneer LX-89, Emotiva XPA-5, Dali Ikon 7 MK2, Tannoy Revolution DC6Tse, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC6LCR, Deft Tech Pro Monitor 800,Dali Lektor 2,HSU ULS15 MK2, Velodyne SPL800i, Zidoo x9s,Philips S9700, Oppo 203, LG OLED65C8P
Stereo: Auralic Altair, Music Fidelity M6i

Offline whitesox

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 21:15 »
Kec is not meet the basic service requirement if compare to other countries svs dealer like malaysia. They will go to help setup, help to tune and tweak the best result for customer. I had bad experience with kec, the so called committed setup service just help me connect the cables and tell me its has sound, then leave... this is the service i got

May I know what is your expectation or so-called "basic requirement" ?
Deliver to you for FREE, test to prove it is working good then that's it! it is SOP bro.. ! no more no less.
If you want more then pay more lor... engage professional to tweak and measure your room... it takes >3 hours
(you see a consultant, not GP already cost ~ $100 for <15 minutes)

They do charge for installation which I think will also includes simple auto EQ at the minimum but I guess it is not even being fulfilled.

When I bought my JLs....
SD delivered (all were in original sealed condition from JL Audio), unpacked subw from 2 layers of boxes, placed at the location that I wanted, give advise on how to use correctly then hooked it up.
He asked me to test until I satisfy before he left (of course, he also helped to register for the warranty)... meeting my expectation... Excellent service? I think yes!
Of course, REW/calibration and tweaking is on my own liking... understandable.

;D

Thanks for the recommendations. May I asked if SB2000 a bit overkill for a typical small size HDB bedroom? I don't have intention to use it in living room. Will the bass still sound great in such small size bedroom?

I do prefer the dimension of SB2000 as shorter and seems more compact.

No worry about 'over kill' ... you can adjust the gain knob and also control loudness from your AVR... better more power than under power.
Get the smallest dimension (from few brands in the market for 12" driver).... listen which brand can satisfy your ears and vibrate their sofa... (must use the same setting and demo movie)
Google to find out reviews from experts and end users..... then you decide !

;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 21:35 by whitesox »

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 23:38 »
All thing aside....you will never go wrong with a SVS sub.👍
10 years in and my SVS PB13Ultra still rocks the house. It's a monster for sure. If I could have 2 I would, but wife would move out - she only approved one.  ???  There is some serious horse power in this beast.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2019, 23:42 »
Starke sub is confirmed brand new. Peng is so accommodating as he delivered them personally at my preferred timing. He always responds to my questions without fail and so willingly offer to loan equipment for trial. This is the first time I deal with him and will not hesitate to deal with him again.
Peng is one of very few in this industry I have plenty of time for...always helpful and no pressure. Have known him many years here.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline atx2

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2019, 15:47 »
I also using SVS but not in HT but in 2ch audio system  ;D
Analog all the way...

Offline bigbird

« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2019, 09:33 »
A quick question. There is a crossover off/ on switch on the subwoofer. If I have already set my receiver for LFE to 100Hz, do I still need to switch on the Crossover button to ON on the subwoofer? I am a bit confused if the setting just need to be done at either receiver or subwoofer.  Or the setting need to be done at both receiver and subwoofer.

Online rayleh

« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 11:21 »
The crossover should be off on the sub. Let the AVR takes care of the crossover since you have set it at 100hz.

Offline bigbird

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2019, 09:43 »
The crossover should be off on the sub. Let the AVR takes care of the crossover since you have set it at 100hz.

Thanks so much. I switch off the subwoofer crossover and let receiver to handle the crossover and now sound so much better.