Author Topic: Golf Simulation within Home Theater  (Read 475 times)

Offline Hillviewer

• Trade Count: (+1)
Golf Simulation within Home Theater
« on: April 23, 2019, 10:59 »
Unable to have the golf simulation in another room so my only option is to put it in the home theater.
Not a priority need but just want to save traveling to the driving range and I can hit in late into the night.

Some considerations :

1. Shared-screen or separate screens. I think I will install a separate screen for hitting the golf balls onto it as eventually, the screen will show sign of wear and marks especially in the middle of the screen.

2. Placement of golf screen.
    (a) In front of the movie screen with a 1.5 feet gap for the golf screen to flex.
         Slide away for movie watching.
    (b) at the right wall. can be fixed screen. A black curtain to cover it when watching a movie.

3. A short-throw projector to be mounted onto or slightly in front of the hitting area.

4. Hitting and putting mat. Generally all in green color. can be covered with a black cloth when watching a movie.

5. Finally, most importantly, the effect on room acoustics. The better golf hitting screens are multilayer to absorb the impact force to minimize bounce ball, better durability and reduce the loud bang sound. No much or nothing about acoustic transparency.

Any comment and advice will be appreciated.

regards

Hillviewer

Offline wizardofoz

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Dont take life so seriously, nobody gets out alive
Re: Golf Simulation within Home Theater
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 11:29 »
I’ve seen simulation done with just a virtual ball...worth looking into. Watch your ceiling height tho...those woods with be a lot harder to swing otherwise.
I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.
It's wonderful to behold as long as you don't let the magic smoke out.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

BadEnglish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 12:40 »
I believe your new home is a house.  If it is the case I suggest you to have a real swing area outside with putting green. For driving swing,  you can built a very short ball flying distance by net catching the ball.

Better than a simulator and no need to pay for ball.

Offline wizardofoz

I have a pile of stuff that pushes out squiggly waveforms from smaller squiggly waveforms that sometimes come from 1's and 0's.

Life is short! Enjoy the music while it plays, when it stops, there might be a chair for you...or  maybe not.

Offline Hillviewer

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2019, 16:24 »
Just a bit of background. Have been playing on and off for almost 20 years old. Now will focus only on golf as injuries to knee and shoulder had forced me to stop soccer and badminton.

I am a mid-handicapper ( 15 ). Have been going to driving range twice ( one with coach) a week recently. Sessions have been canceled fairly often because of my time and range opening hours.

The main purpose is to improve my (wife and son also) game without the trouble of going to the driving range. I need fairly accurate direction, trajectory, distance and spin to review my swing in order to find the green more often. I narrow the launch monitors option to Skytrak and Foresight GC2.

Actually, a 4m x 5m room was planned but taken out to make way for a lightwell.

Other than the 2m boundaries required by URA, I do not have much outdoor space as I fully utilized the 7.5m front for carpark and alfresco dining.

So my option now is to put the golf simulator into the HT.

The setup is similar to what sigurros posted except has to co-share the HT room.

BadEnglish

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 17:01 »
Then I believe simulator suits your requirements best.

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2019, 17:58 »
Bro. If you have the space and also the restriction of being a HT room, can get a curve screen big and high enough to have the arc of view for your golfing needs but at the same time for HT as well but no sensory unless can be added

Either that or the setup that I've posted with a drop down screen for HT
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 18:03 by sigurros »

Offline wizardofoz

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2019, 20:35 »
Ahhhhh first world problems hehehehe

Offline sigurros

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • "What we think, we become"
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2019, 20:52 »
Ahhhhh first world problems hehehehe

Haha.