Author Topic: Subwoofer isolation , spikes , footers, Auralex Subdude  (Read 4083 times)

Offline Jag

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Subwoofer isolation , spikes , footers, Auralex Subdude
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2019, 13:12 »
I believe in decoupling (and if possible isolation)  for the sake of minimizing acoustic vibrations and sound waves transmitted to our other rooms and neighbours.

I would say that so far, my experiments and experience have been successful in preventing disturbance to others

I use a 2-prong approach towards this: Sorbothane and speaker isolation pads to stop vibrations from transmitting into the concrete structure. The other is sound isolation (door, window, sealant treatments) to stop sound waves from leaving the HT.

My main objective was to minimise disturbances; and secondary was to improve sound.

So far so good!
Electronics : Denon 7200, MiniDSP Dirac 88A, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2
ATMOS Audio : Martin Logan Ethos (L&R), ML Motif X(C), ML Motion 4 (14pcs surround spkrs)
LFE : Dual Rythmik FV25HP & Crowson Motion Actuator
Video : Sony VPL-HW55ES, Stewart Screen Studiotek 1.3
Source : HTPC
Fully automated HT via Alexa, Z-wave and Logitech Harmony Remote Control

Offline ronildoq

• Trade Count: (+2)
Re: Subwoofer isolation , spikes , footers, Auralex Subdude
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2019, 15:58 »
Oh nice ! How have u been jag ? Long time no see.

Yes decoupling really improves the ringing and eliminates resonance as well.

The other thing I noticed is that when the footers are “loose” , it provides better vibrational absorption , I’m actually using an iPhone app now to test decoupling of various equipment , the app called vibrometer .

Can test and compare both with equipment using decoupling stuff or without, another interesting find...