Author Topic: Marantz AVR service center  (Read 1790 times)

Offline desray

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bring the "Cinema experience" back home...
Re: Marantz AVR service center
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2019, 22:41 »
Thanks for recommendation, I brought the mid range Onkyo 730, wanted to buy the 830 but too bad my rack only 21cm height , that will leave only 0.5cm about the AVR if I buy the 830....730 is 2.5cm shorter than the 830 , so should be fine, I am not too into HT so hopefully this AVR can last me at least 5 years.

One thing I don’t understand is how come nowadays use credit card buy online (Lazada) and ask the shop to deliver to my home , is cheaper than buy directly from the shop, using cash and carry ? ......... It’s  from the same shop (Aplha audio)?  What kind of business tactics is that?? ::)

Congrats on your new purchase. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 22:28 »
Think my 7011 went crazy. Powers on and off by itself. Disconnected all connections in case caused by speaker cable shorted, but still it goes on and off by itself.
Not sure if I should send to repair or buy a new one.

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2019, 13:46 »
Think my 7011 went crazy. Powers on and off by itself. Disconnected all connections in case caused by speaker cable shorted, but still it goes on and off by itself.

If you buy new AVR I strongly recommend Onkyo , not only run colder, the driving force is better too, I prefer it than my Marantz 6010 even it is less than half of the Marantz cost

Offline whitesox

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2019, 14:42 »

Bro,
So sorry to hear that.
I would suggest that you send to them, allow them to diagnose and find out the problem.
They will tell you how much cost of spare parts + workmanship are then you can decide later

I had this issue with my Marantz about 6 months ago.
My FL didn't sound.
One of the brothers here was the one who noticed it when we had a demo. He has sensitive ears that's why I always appreciate his comment about my setup.

Sent it to Marantz service center. Suspected that it could be due to HDMI board. The technician told me.
But his diagnosis results showed that all the important output signals were present
In the end, the technician only washed the board with chemicals and it works again.
According to Marantz technician, it could be due to accumulated dust + humid = fungus growth (it is one of a possible factor of HDMI faulty besides heat)
End up I paid less than $50.
His advice to me, cover my Marantz with a cloth.

BTW, did you always put it on STAND BY mode or totally switch it OFF at power socket?

Offline joamonte

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • audiophile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 15:09 »
Bro,
So sorry to hear that.
I would suggest that you send to them, allow them to diagnose and find out the problem.
They will tell you how much cost of spare parts + workmanship are then you can decide later

I had this issue with my Marantz about 6 months ago.
My FL didn't sound.
One of the brothers here was the one who noticed it when we had a demo. He has sensitive ears that's why I always appreciate his comment about my setup.

Sent it to Marantz service center. Suspected that it could be due to HDMI board. The technician told me.
But his diagnosis results showed that all the important output signals were present
In the end, the technician only washed the board with chemicals and it works again.
According to Marantz technician, it could be due to accumulated dust + humid = fungus growth (it is one of a possible factor of HDMI faulty besides heat)
End up I paid less than $50.
His advice to me, cover my Marantz with a cloth.

BTW, did you always put it on STAND BY mode or totally switch it OFF at power socket?

Yes but diagnose charge is $80, hdmi board for 6xxx above is 500 plus , spend and others few hundred can buy a new AVR, that is why I never bring it to service center and brought a new AVR instead

Offline whitesox

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 16:56 »
Yes but diagnose charge is $80, hdmi board for 6xxx above is 500 plus , spend and others few hundred can buy a new AVR, that is why I never bring it to service center and brought a new AVR instead

Hello Joa,
Yeah.. same as seeing a doctor.
$80 is a diagnose + workmanship charge, we must pay before spare parts
Bo-pien lor...
For me, It is quite worth it to be repaired coz it is AVP

Powers on and off by itself...
Seems it might be intermittent that's why I hope it will be the same case as mine.. washing can help... ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 17:52 by whitesox »

Offline dbchoong

• ... ... ...
  • Global Moderator
  • .. Droid Rulez ..
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 20:23 »
Mine always on standby. Funny thing is the power button does not respond anymore. Instead, many other buttons became the power button. It's like a totally wrong firmware is installed. But I have not updated the firmware for long time already.

Considering Onkyo now...

Offline tigerman

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2019, 20:35 »
QC control with Marantz AVR sucks...
if a service man tells u to cover the AVR with cloth!!!
that's utter rubbish!!
fungus growth???!!!
ah???
Denon n Marantz have used really bad quality HDMI boards.
Ditch them for a robust Onkyo will be the sane choice.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 20:37 by tigerman »

Offline ginamos

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2019, 22:00 »
Any advise on what to get besides these two?

Offline whitesox

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 22:04 »
QC control with Marantz AVR sucks...
if a service man tells u to cover the AVR with cloth!!!
that's utter rubbish!!
fungus growth???!!!
ah???
Denon n Marantz have used really bad quality HDMI boards.
Ditch them for a robust Onkyo will be the sane choice.

Fungus growth?
Yes.. it is possible on the PCBA.
I saw it between new hdmi board and affected board. It was not a rusty mark/stain.. it was fungus

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 22:10 »
if ur Marantz AVR hv all channels preouts n the rest of the components still functioning well except the amplification stage,consider getting external multi channel power amp if u hv not much confidence on other products la。。。
basically Denon nMarantz is one family,while Pioneer n Onkyo areanother family。Yamaha is in it's own,as well as Sony。so。。。it wont be a surprise that Denon n Marantz bears the same internal structure,except the difference in some IC components

Offline tigerman

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2019, 23:01 »
 I do not see user's of Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo or any other brands except Marantz failing a hell of alot...
super sensitive HDMI boards that fail upon hot switching?
Marantz n Denon will fry!!
not other brands.
N "Fungus"????
why only Marantz kena fungus ah???
u mean to say, Marantz using earth friendly pcb boards that can grow plants n Fungus?
OMG!! that is something to worry about!
Yamaha Onkyo Sony or other brands will never see fungus growth.
plus the Marantz technician is another clueless idiot...
simply blame fungus growth, n say use cloth to cover AVR!!
never heard of another issue called "overheating"???
pls, all Marantz n Denon user's...heed the Marantz technician words n fry your avrs!
load of bullshit from a technical staff at Marantz service center.

Offline YANG

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 23:15 »
what can we say abt new generation consumers。。。bunch of noobies lah! that's why easy to be influence on the head!

Offline whitesox

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 12:15 »
I do not see user's of Yamaha, Sony, Onkyo or any other brands except Marantz failing a hell of alot...
super sensitive HDMI boards that fail upon hot switching?
Marantz n Denon will fry!!
not other brands.
N "Fungus"????
why only Marantz kena fungus ah???
u mean to say, Marantz using earth friendly pcb boards that can grow plants n Fungus?
OMG!! that is something to worry about!
Yamaha Onkyo Sony or other brands will never see fungus growth.
plus the Marantz technician is another clueless idiot...
simply blame fungus growth, n say use cloth to cover AVR!!
never heard of another issue called "overheating"???
pls, all Marantz n Denon user's...heed the Marantz technician words n fry your avrs!
load of bullshit from a technical staff at Marantz service center.

Hi bro,
I wonder why you sounded so bias against Denon/Marantz and also questioned why only Marantz kena fungus?
Are you sure about this? only Marantz or Denon kena?
Pls call Onkyo service center and find out. You will be surprised. I was onkyo user before they abandon XT32.

Seems you are not really familiar about PCB multi-layers manufacturing processes (from the design stage, creating the substrate, pressing the Layers, plating, solder mask, Etching) and
The PCB also needs to be baked before going through SMT processes that's why you don't know that fungus and corrosion can be grown there due to high humid.

The tech advised me to use cloth is to prevent dust from entering my AVP when it is not in use. Did you hear that dust can also bring static charge?
Anyway, it is up to us whether we want to accept his advice.
Have a wonderful long weekend... enjoy it
 :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 18:12 by whitesox »